Dems (who oppose Voter ID) insist on rigorous verification for DNC Chairman Vote

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
"Regulations for thee, but not for me."

-----------------------------------------------

Heh: Anti-ID Dems Required Rigorous Verification Process For DNC Chairmanship Vote Count

Heh: Anti-ID Dems Required Rigorous Verification Process For DNC Chairmanship Vote Count

Guy Benson
Posted: Feb 27, 2017 4:15 PM

As you're already aware, President Obama's hard-left Labor Secretary was elected DNC Chairman over the weekend, narrowly beating out an even harder-left candidate backed by Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren. The final ballots ended up being tallied by hand after the DNC's wifi failed (cue Russia jokes here), leading to this pronouncement from acting Chairwoman Donna Brazile, who stressed the importance of safeguarding the legitimacy of the vote count. Via the Free Beacon, this sounds an awful lot like Democrats' capacious and demagogic definition of "voter suppression" to me:

"Pursuant to the rules of procedure, the chair has the discretion as to the voting mechanism. It is my determination, based on the system that we tested this morning, that I would like to use paper ballots. And I'll tell you why. We have to make sure that we can not just count the ballots but verify every name and signature...And I want to make sure that at the conclusion of all of our votes, that you, the members of this party, will be able to review those ballots."

Verifying names and signatures? Sounds like they're trying to "disenfranchise" potential voters, or whatever. One wonders if the Democrats required photo identification to enter this meeting (as they have for other party gatherings in the past), or if they permitted just anyone to wander in.

How about Paper Ballots? Republicans can't prove 100's of thousands of voters are committing voter fraud. So why has the GOP purged, suppressed 100 of thousands of democrat voters.

??? I don't know what the point is to the OP (linked editorial).

So what? The DNC is little different than a club or any other private organization. For example, when we are choosing whom to invite into the partnership, non-equity partners don't have voting say in the matter. Some of them may be given the chance to share their views, but vote, nope. When the social clubs I belong to consider new members application/recommendations for membership, only full members get to vote.

It's no different with the DNC or RNC; membership has its privileges, and voting is one of them. Non-members may be in the hall, and they may get hold of a ballot, but their vote doesn't count.

With that in mind, and considering the right to vote in a national election, the sole requirements are being 18+ and being a citizen whose right has not been revoked. How might one demonstrate that?
  • Age --> Lots of ways, but there is no federal requirement that one possess any of those documents that contains one's likeness and one's age. One need not have a driver's licence. One need not have a passport. One need not have an age of majority card. In the U.S. people who want to live in a lean-to, hunt and provide for themselves that way are free to do so, and so long as they are citizens, though they may have to walk for weeks, maybe fight bears and bees along the way, to get to their polling place, they still get to vote.
  • Citizenship --> One will necessarily have been given at least one document that contains validation of this: a birth certificate. What establishes that one who presents the document is also the person named on the document? Nothing.
The consequence is that we don't actually have a way that is not burdensome on individuals of a certain set of circumstances -- old, poor, displaced from their state of birth and victims of documentation loss, etc.

As goes the Townhall author's comments, there's no there there.

With that in mind, and considering the right to vote in a national election, the sole requirements are being 18+ and being a citizen whose right has not been revoked. How might one demonstrate that?

AND being a legal resident registered to vote in their district. This can be demonstrated by producing a valid ID.

How about Paper Ballots? Republicans can't prove 100's of thousands of voters are committing voter fraud. So why has the GOP purged, suppressed 100 of thousands of democrat voters.
Red State Amerika voters believe in winning by any means necessary........even if means rigging elections.

Forum List

Back