Dems Telling Us We Have To Pay Extra To Protect Our Troops

Discussion in 'Congress' started by mudwhistle, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Cold Fusion38

Cold Fusion38 SUPER GENIUS

Thanks Received:
    In the desert chasing that damn roadrunner.
    Ratings:
    +307
    I would be interested in your response to a thread I started and I REALLY wanted military men to give their take. My take on Afghanistan is we need MORE special forces vs standard troops. We need the kind of troops who can get those cockraoches where they live.....In the mountains.

2. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,211
    True....true....notice the simple fact that no other attacks succeeded during the Bush years after 9/11....but for some strange reason political correctness allowed a major to get promoted months before he decided to waste a bunch of our kids at Ft Hood....even though several people raised red-flags about him.

I just wonder if he would have been able during the Bush years to get away with it. I don't think it's a coincidence that he was able to kill so many while Obama was president. Obama policies were in place when it happened. I think he should share some of the blame. Don't you think? After all, Bubba seemed to be more of a threat to the Obama White House then any Muhammed or Hasan. That would be profiling after all in this new world of political correctness in the war on terror....whoops....Overseas Contingency Operation.

3. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,211
    Funny, but nobody in the media is asking them.

Special Forces have limitations.

My suggestion is carpet-bombing them in their caves.

Do it for a few months and they'll be totally bonkers.

Sending in Special Forces will only get people killed. Why do I say this? Because the UDT Seals have been fighting that war for years and not getting anywhere.

4. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +945
    I mean on the scale of when Bush gave tax cuts to the wealthy during Iraq...those guys. We have to start with them.

Since Bush gave those cuts and pretty much helped destroy our economy....they should give some back and fund the war they want us to fight forever.

5. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +33,211
    That's funny.

The people responsible for destroying the economy....Barney Frank...Chris Dodd....Nancy Pelosi.....Harry Reid....they should be the first to pay.

Bush doesn't spend the money nor does he make up the rules on banks that set all of this in motion back in Jan. of 07'.

6. Zona

Zona A guy in ariZONA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +945
    So bush had nothing to do with the tax cuts HE gave to the wealthy. You know, the cuts that cost us billions? THOSE CUTS....

7. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307

This is a VERY odd connection. I don't think it had ANYTHING to do with Obama but if you want to make a case that someone f'ed up then I would say that military members with his speciality are at such short supply and are DESPERATELY needed to treat the MASSIVE # coming home who need psycohlogical treatment. Perhaps THAT is why he was overlooked I don't know but try to stay real and not try to plant this on Obama.

As much as I, at times, LOATHED Bush I NEVER thought he was trying to bring our country down the way Beck and Libaugh accuse Obama of doing. I beleive that Obama LOVES his country just like you, I, and virtually EVERYBODY else and is doing what he feels is RIGHT. Whether like Iraq was or will end up being the right decision (I don't think so) it was what Bush THOUGHT was right. I think he had some VERY hawkish advisors and I think he FAILED to listen to his MILITARY advisors but I think he did what he felt was right.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. Cold Fusion38

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +307
    I don't think carpet bombing will drive them out of those caves they are GREAT bomb shelters.

9. Meister

Meister Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,154
    Bunker Buster?

10. rdean

rdean Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh man, I pity you. Seriously, you're delusional.

Iraq "picked" a fight with us? Just that one statement qualifies you for the "boob of the year" award. You seem to be saying that countries will attack the US in the hopes of after being blasted by us we "rebuild". Did you proof read first? Maybe say it out loud so it doesn't sound completely retarded?

As far as the gays, they are the sons and daughters of American families who have done nothing wrong, except fall in love with the "wrong" person. No straight marriage has ever ended because of some gay people they don't know. Ironic is the fact of the 50% divorce rate and those that scream the loudest about the "sanctity" of marriage get married three or four times. I guess "sanctity" must be fun. We know there is at least a thousand laws that protect the married. Someone on this site even posted them ALL once.

And Obama sent money OUT of the country? You get "boob" award number two. Bush was the first President in American history who started two wars and cut taxes for the rich at the same time.

Check this out:

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish | World news | The Guardian

The US flew nearly $12bn in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into Iraq, then distributed the cash with no proper control over who was receiving it and how it was being spent.
    The staggering scale of the biggest transfer of cash in the history of the Federal Reserve has been graphically laid bare by a US congressional committee.

Yea, that was three hundred and sixty three tons of hundred dollar bills that Bush and the Republicans just tossed out the window.

And that was only one time out of many.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and bet that you even think that women are better off now and Christians are free to practice their religion, like they were since before Muslims even moved into Iraq.

You absolutely have to be a Republican. Democrats just aren't normally that dumb.