Dems Should Win Next Election Cycle, But They Won't

Kathianne said:
As I intimated, all a 3rd party has to do is draw votes form one party to cause the other to win. The most likely challenge to the two-parties, is from the right, ala Perot. This time though, most likely someone a nominal Republican with Libertarian bent. Would be great to see a real Libertarian, but those that run seem cracked.

That is a problem with Libertarians. They keep nominating those guys that have no idea of planning and using the time that they have to get things done. They all have their radical ideas that they want implemented immediately and promise to tear apart the Federal Government wholesale immediately on getting into office. They see little difference between working toward a goal and giving into opposition. It seems like it is an all or nothing game with us.

no1tovote4 said:
That is a problem with Libertarians. They keep nominating those guys that have no idea of planning and using the time that they have to get things done. They all have their radical ideas that they want implemented immediately and promise to tear apart the Federal Government wholesale immediately on getting into office. They see little difference between working toward a goal and giving into opposition. It seems like it is an all or nothing game with us.

Agreed, we had that strange person last election cycle, nearly gave me an ulcer. At the same time, there are many libertarians withing the rank and file of the GOP, whether they realize they are libertarians or not. I think the GOP libertarian leaners, could easily switch to even a candidate they felt couldn't win, to send a message to the GOP. On the other hand, they wouldn't bolt for someone that is so far out of the mainstream, that they would fear even the idea that people would vote for that ilk.

Kathianne said:
Agreed, we had that strange person last election cycle, nearly gave me an ulcer. At the same time, there are many libertarians withing the rank and file of the GOP, whether they realize they are libertarians or not. I think the GOP libertarian leaners, could easily switch to even a candidate they felt couldn't win, to send a message to the GOP. On the other hand, they wouldn't bolt for someone that is so far out of the mainstream, that they would fear even the idea that people would vote for that ilk.

Now that the Democrats and Republicans both want big government where does that leave libertarians who want to align themselves with one of the major parties? Seems like tax and spend is here to stay regardless of whether Dems or GOP win.

Nuc said:
Now that the Democrats and Republicans both want big government where does that leave libertarians who want to align themselves with one of the major parties? Seems like tax and spend is here to stay regardless of whether Dems or GOP win.

Nope the 'crys in the wilderness' come from the Libertarian leaning 'conservatives' that are giving a harder and harder time to GW. Many of the bloggers fit into this category and my guess is they are going to go ballistic with the SCOTUS nomination.

I doubt you will find many libertarian leaners on Left. Too weak on WOT.

Forum List

Back