Democrats to propose weapons ban, gun confiscation powers in bill inspired by President Trump

Democrats to propose weapons ban, gun confiscation powers in bill inspired by Trump

Is this the slippery slope we have all been worried about for years? Who will decide if you are mentally unstable? The courts? Your neighbor? Mental health facility? Be careful, America!
No, this isn't the one to worry about.
Who decides if you are presenting imminent danger to yourself or others? A judge, after receiving clear and convincing EVIDENCE from law enforcement or family. If the gun owner disagrees, a hearing is quickly ordered to defend having the guns returned. It is the responsibility of the petitioner (taking away the guns) to provide evidence to the contrary.

And who would you have determine if a person is mentally unstable, if not a mental health facility?

Democrats to propose weapons ban, gun confiscation powers in bill inspired by Trump

Is this the slippery slope we have all been worried about for years? Who will decide if you are mentally unstable? The courts? Your neighbor? Mental health facility? Be careful, America!
Who decides if you are presenting imminent danger to yourself or others? A judge, after receiving clear and convincing EVIDENCE from law enforcement or family. If the gun owner disagrees, a hearing is quickly ordered to defend having the guns returned. It is the responsibility of the petitioner (taking away the guns) to provide evidence to the contrary.

And who would you have determine if a person is mentally unstable, if not a mental health facility?

Where something like what you describe runs into problems is if the judge is a liberal judge, if that's the case everyone with a gun would be considered a danger. Also, if you get an Obama wannabe in office, how long would it take to use the concept as a weapon, as Obama did with the IRS?

Where something like what you describe runs into problems is if the judge is a liberal judge, if that's the case everyone with a gun would be considered a danger. Also, if you get an Obama wannabe in office, how long would it take to use the concept as a weapon, as Obama did with the IRS?
Homicidal/suicidal behavior isn't political. There's nothing I can do to address fears like that because they're totally unfounded.

Banning and confiscating guns is their ultimate goal, they will whittle away at this bit by bit defeating the 2nd amendment via a death of a thousand cuts.

Homicidal/suicidal behavior isn't political. There's nothing I can do to address fears like that because they're totally unfounded.

Totally unfounded...LOL....sure, not a smidgen.

Democrats cannot be trusted to honor any compromise, they are lying filthy scum. Look at prior legislation where they pretended to compromise all the while planning to welch on the deal at the first opportunity. This happened time and again.

WHERE, OH, WHERE IN THE CONSTITUTION WAS CONGRESS AUTHORIZED TO BAN WEAPONS, CONFISCATE GUNS, OR TO DISPENSE WITH DUE PROCESS?

Democrats promote mob rule over the rule of law and the U.S. Constitution. Rep's are not much better, the U.S. Constitution limits governments power they hate that. Naturally they constantly try to exceed their authority.

They would need to back this up with the government pays for your lawyers fees and court costs, as well as for any time you miss for work........that would be a check on this power.......you should also be able to sue whoever accused you if you win the case.....another check.......

The IRS targeted conservative groups...the FBI lied to a FISA court to get warrants against American citizens.....get real...

I've worked with actual, real life judges. I've even read some of the decisions of Federal judges and SC judges and believe it or not they actually adjudicate cases and make their decisions based upon the LAW. That's the truth, whether you like it or not.

I've worked with actual, real life judges. I've even read some of the decisions of Federal judges and SC judges and believe it or not they actually adjudicate cases and make their decisions based upon the LAW. That's the truth, whether you like it or not.

Wasting your time trying to talk sense to them. Trump bois don't care about facts or reality.

They would need to back this up with the government pays for your lawyers fees and court costs, as well as for any time you miss for work........that would be a check on this power.......you should also be able to sue whoever accused you if you win the case.....another check.......
Nothing is stopping you from asking the judge for that relief. Civil charges, go for it.
It's not going to happen very often, anyway, since the petitioner has to show clear and convincing evidence BEFORE HAND.

Wasting your time trying to talk sense to them. Trump bois don't care about facts or reality.
I suppose. If I give up trying to talk sense to them, why am I here, then?

I'm certainly not questioning all judges...just the ones that make up the rules depending on the day of the week.

Oh, the evil of the Alt Right and libertarians crawls forth.

OldLady is 100% right: A judge, after receiving clear and convincing EVIDENCE from law enforcement or family. If the gun owner disagrees, a hearing is quickly ordered to defend having the guns returned. It is the responsibility of the petitioner (taking away the guns) to provide evidence to the contrary.

I suppose. If I give up trying to talk sense to them, why am I here, then?

Pretty much to troll and make fun of people. This board's not good for anything else.

Forum List

Back