Democrats rail against GOP budget but offer NOTHING to counter it but rhetoric.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Trolling the news channels this morning before leaving for work. Im hearing plenty of hate for the Ryan plan again. So tell me democrats, when are YOU going to offer a budget?

I heard Jan Schakowsky (D) say their progressive plan was to balance the budget in TWENTY years! And the question she was asked was how much the deficit/debt would be by then. She wouldnt answer.

So as usual the gop has put forth a plan and all the democrats can muster is a bunch of crybaby talking points.

Don't hold your breath.

The Dems ain't produced a budget in 3 years.

Its an election year so there won't be one this year either. They wouldn't want anyone seeing their tax and spend polices till after Nov 2012 when Barry is re-elected.

Thats what they are hoping at any rate.

So tell me democrats, when are YOU going to offer a budget?

President Obama did offer a budget, which was voted down 97 to zero. Wow, just how bad does a budget have to be when the party leader can't get a single vote from his own party?!

Why are they even presenting a budget? So they can look even worse on medicare in an election year? So they can somehow try to wiggle out of the mandatory cuts they agreed to in the debt ceiling deal? It makes no sense, they came out of the last Ryan budget looking like complete assholes and there is no need to present one this year as per their agreement.

• Banned
Why are they even presenting a budget? So they can look even worse on medicare in an election year? So they can somehow try to wiggle out of the mandatory cuts they agreed to in the debt ceiling deal? It makes no sense, they came out of the last Ryan budget looking like complete assholes and there is no need to present one this year as per their agreement.

The GOP budget isn't presented as part of a beauty contest for votes. No surprise that's what you would expect.

The GOP budget isn't presented as part of a beauty contest for votes. No surprise that's what you would expect.

This year it is exactly that, a political stunt meant only to rally the voters against the senate.

The dirty little secret is that democrats don't have to do anything with the slobbering left wing media in their back pocket. Meanwhile the (tax exempt) Media Matters does their dirty work.

Trolling the news channels this morning before leaving for work. Im hearing plenty of hate for the Ryan plan again. So tell me democrats, when are YOU going to offer a budget?

I heard Jan Schakowsky (D) say their progressive plan was to balance the budget in TWENTY years! And the question she was asked was how much the deficit/debt would be by then. She wouldnt answer.

So as usual the gop has put forth a plan and all the democrats can muster is a bunch of crybaby talking points.

That's actually not a bad number, as it would balance the budget by 2032. Ryan's plan doesn't balance the budget until 2040.

This year it is exactly that, a political stunt meant only to rally the voters against the senate.

Yes, I'm sure people are going to rush to torch the Senate chamber shouting "get rid of Medicare!".

If the Senate did their job it wouldn't be an issue. The Ryan budget isn't much different from last years (a non election year). Funny you blame the GOP for the Senates failure.

That's actually not a bad number, as it would balance the budget by 2032. Ryan's plan doesn't balance the budget until 2040.

And how much debt will be procured by then?

And how much debt will be procured by then?

I haven't look at the exact numbers, but Ryan's budget would be an even larger number.

Last edited:
Are you really surprised that partisanship would outweigh an effort to find common ground and present a budget?

In the end, Paul Ryan's budget is a joke. Looking at a balance of the budget by 2040. Which, basically does nothing considering the variables in play for that length of time with our current outstanding debt, deficit spending, dying global hegemony, debt consumed GDP and trade war tensions mounting.

The dems will never pass a budget because they are economically fucking inept. They would rather play "house" like the kindergarten kids and tell everyone their role and how to live.

If the Senate did their job it wouldn't be an issue. The Ryan budget isn't much different from last years (a non election year). Funny you blame the GOP for the Senates failure.

Never mind that the house agreed to a deal that makes a house budget proposal superfluous, let's say the senate voted on it, it would be voted down, amended and sent to committee for negotiation with the house, do you think the house would vote for anything the senate amended or that negotiations would be successful? Of course not, it's useless jerking off meant to further the budget political football scam.

Last edited:

Nevermind that the house agreed to a deal that makes a house budget proposal superfluous, let's say the senate voted on it, it would be voted down, amended and sent to committee for negotiation with the house, do you think the house would vote for anything the senate amended or that negotiations would be successful? Of course not, it's useless jerking off meant to further the budget political football scam.

The Senate has a chance to turn the tables and put forth a budget for the people. Lets say we agree the Ryan budget is not good. What better way to move the debate forward than to actually debate it and make modifications. Its time for the senate to get off the damn toilet.

ITS OUR DAMN MONEY

Nevermind that the house agreed to a deal that makes a house budget proposal superfluous, let's say the senate voted on it, it would be voted down, amended and sent to committee for negotiation with the house, do you think the house would vote for anything the senate amended or that negotiations would be successful? Of course not, it's useless jerking off meant to further the budget political football scam.

The Senate has a chance to turn the tables and put forth a budget for the people. Lets say we agree the Ryan budget is not good. What better way to move the debate forward than to actually debate it and make modifications. Its time for the senate to get off the damn toilet.

ITS OUR DAMN MONEY

It's not the senate's job to propose a budget of their own within the framework of the now permanently broken budget process. If they did do you think the house would vote for it? Hell no, they would not vote for anything with Harry Reid's name on it to save their lives. This faulty idea that the Senate should present a budget would have the same end result as we have right now, just another useless gesture meant not to fund the government but to play partisan politics.

You're contradicting yourself, first you tell us democrats have no budget no you are saying that Jan Schakowsky has a budget.
Also The GOP budget balances the deficit in 30 years...
I already posted Obamas budget, and you your self said that Jan Scakowsky has a budget. I'm curious as how you can be so stupid?
The GOP budget is horrible, cuts spending that create $10 in benefits for every $1 spent, it eliminates medicare(increasing wasteful health spending by 50%), it raises taxes on people making less then 100,000 in order to give millionaires 6trillion in more tax cuts.

You're contradicting yourself, first you tell us democrats have no budget no you are saying that Jan Schakowsky has a budget.
Also The GOP budget balances the deficit in 30 years...
I already posted Obamas budget, and you your self said that Jan Scakowsky has a budget. I'm curious as how you can be so stupid?
The GOP budget is horrible, cuts spending that create $10 in benefits for every $1 spent, it eliminates medicare(increasing wasteful health spending by 50%), it raises taxes on people making less then 100,000 in order to give millionaires 6trillion in more tax cuts.

She said she had a proposal. I haven't seen it, have you? And I don't care about Obamas budget busting spending spree he calls a budget. I'm looking for the house and senate to function as they are supposed to. The house is playing ball while the Senate hasn't even shown up.

Forum List

Back