Democrats new plan, reelect us so we can improve health care

If your problem is as you described you could have had insurance without this new law. Carry catastrophic insurance, it is a lot less expensive than regular coverage, covers what you are worried about, and does not preclude you if you have a pre existing condition.

BTW, the portion of Obamacare that covers pre existing conditions has not gone into effect yet, so the law has not helped you one iota, but thanks for giving it the credit it does not deserve. As of yet no one is required to sell you insurance if you have a pre existing condition. Thank the insurance company that sold you the policy not the law.

Are you seriously that stupid? First of all, because of my condition, no insurance company would sell me insurance, period. And in Ohio, there was no high risk pool offered. Now, due to the healthcare legislation, high risk pools have been mandated for every state. In some states such as Ohio, a private company has taken on the high risk pool while in others, the federal government is running the high risk pool. The rates are a bit higher than for a similar policy that is not considered high risk, but it is still in the affordable range. My policy is costing me $392 per month with a $2500 deductible.

So now I have insurance. Before this legislation, I could not get it, not even catastrophic insurance. Please know what you are talking about if you choose to contribute to the converstation.

And the new rules/regulations have not yet taken affect, so if you have insurance now it is not because of the new law. That is a simple statement of fact, and if you have a problem with facts I am not the one to complain to.

And the new rules/regulations have not yet taken affect

True, except for the ones that have. Like those governing the high-risk pools that are being discussed here.

...so if you have insurance now it is not because of the new law. That is a simple statement of fact, and if you have a problem with facts I am not the one to complain to.

He's been accepted in Ohio's PCIP (which was created by and funded through the reform law). What's confusing here?

Forum List

Back