Democrats in D.C. Sleazy as Ever

Time to demand these sleazy politicians stop the smoke and mirrors and be forthright and open. If there is NOTHING TO HIDE, then why the closed doors? The Dems motto: 'Shhhhh the citzens might hear us'! :eusa_shhh:

I remember a similar post about nine years ago when Dubya had a closed door meeting on what his energy policy should be WITH the power companies. He said at the time that he would not disclose what was being said at the meeting because people didn't need to know. Republican postsers at the time thought it was Ok for him to do so. Wonder why it bothers them now that Obama is doing it.

As an aside: Bush should have been transparent then, and Obama should be now....

Time to demand these sleazy politicians stop the smoke and mirrors and be forthright and open. If there is NOTHING TO HIDE, then why the closed doors? The Dems motto: 'Shhhhh the citzens might hear us'! :eusa_shhh:

I remember a similar post about nine years ago when Dubya had a closed door meeting on what his energy policy should be WITH the power companies. He said at the time that he would not disclose what was being said at the meeting because people didn't need to know. Republican postsers at the time thought it was Ok for him to do so. Wonder why it bothers them now that Obama is doing it.

As an aside: Bush should have been transparent then, and Obama should be now....
Grump, these are not similar circumstances. The people offering advice to the Bush Administration were not our elected representatives; they were merely offering advice and perspective on what they believed should go into legislation which would be applied to their industries. There is no law requiring their names be made public. If all that was made public as you infer should be the case they would likely be less than candid in a public setting and Bush or any president would not get the free flow of information that he seeks. The bills which were drafted as a result of that input were made public prior to any votes, and the other side was given opportunities for amendmentments. Notice how Bush was never able to get anything through on drilling in Alaska, as an indication of how different the process was then as compared to now.

Our elected representatives writing laws which we will be forced (and forced is an apt term) to live under, after so many claims of openness and transparency by this president, now doing it in complete secrecy and not following procedures that the public is given to accept as traditional and proper is a TRAVESTY. Brian Lamb of C-Span said, in his own words that C-SPAN was used as a football by President Obama when he was a candidate.

Last edited:
Gump, these are not similar circumstances. The people offering advice to the Bush Administration were not our elected representatives; they were merely offering advice and perspective on what they believed should go into legislation which would be applied to their industries. There is no law requiring their names be made public. If all that was made public as you infer should be the case they would likely be less than candid in a public setting and Bush or any president would not get the free flow of information that he seeks. The bills which were drafted as a result of that input were made public prior to any votes, and the other side was given opportunities for amendmentments. Notice how Bush was never able to get anything through on drilling in Alaska, as an indication of how different the process was then as compared to now.

Our elected representatives writing laws which we will be forced (and forced is an apt term) to live under, after so many claims of openness and transparency by this president, now doing it in complete secrecy and not following procedures that the public is given to accept as traditional and proper is a TRAVESTY. Brian Lamb of C-Span said, in his own words that C-SPAN was used as a football by President Obama when he was a candidate.

Hoss, I disagree and I think you have it backwards. You think lobbyists should be have any input on policy? I disagree to the nth degree. To be fair, I come from a country where if it were found out that a lobbyist had any input on a piece of legislation, that piece of legislation would be a dead duck. And from memory, Bush got a whole lot through and it was before the Alaska business. It was when the Repubs ran both the houses.

As for your elected representatives writing laws, that is what they do. These people were voted in to do what they do, and next time around they might, or might not, be voted out. That is the electoral process in action.

Me? I think your system is one of the worst in the Western World, so you get what you deserve if you have such a system.

More closed door meetings so the public cannot find out what they are REALLY planning.
Obama's 'transparency' promise, amongst others, has gone up in smoke.

Washington Times:

"It may be a new year, but congressional Democrats are planning the same old sorts of sleazy tactics in their bid to take over America's health care system."

EDITORIAL: Hiding health bills behind closed doors - Washington Times

The party matters not..the entire system has been subverted from within and fallen under the unwarranted influence of the military industrial complex and its anti-sovereignty globalist agenda..its does not serve the will of the will of the people but only seeks to discourage ..distract or manipulate it

Won't even bother to read Boner.

Then why bother commenting. Ok so don't read and stick to your totally partisan views. That small mind may get you somewhere someday. Name calling seems be your only response which is right up there with high school. Grow up and join in with adult responses to the debate. Anything else reeks of immaturity.

Forum List

Back