Democrats Fear Global Warming Skeptic

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Washington, DC -- UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at a high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.

“The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”

“The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the US Constitution. Congress Henry Waxman's (D-CA) refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear,” Monckton said from the airport Thursday evening.

Report: Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing | Climate Depot

What could they be afraid of?

Washington, DC -- UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at a high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.

“The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”

“The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the US Constitution. Congress Henry Waxman's (D-CA) refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear,” Monckton said from the airport Thursday evening.

Report: Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing | Climate Depot

As usual, the truth.

This is why many of us who supported the Democrats for too long are getting fed up with this "global warming" hoax, they are attacking anyone who goes against the hoax. Sadly though it's not just Democrats, some Republicans are jumping on this bandwagon to.

This is why many of us who supported the Democrats for too long are getting fed up with this "global warming" hoax, they are attacking anyone who goes against the hoax. Sadly though it's not just Democrats, some Republicans are jumping on this bandwagon to.

There is good money to be made in going along with it ........

There is good money to be made in going along with it ........

Yep ... thus is how they roped some Reps into it. It's forced purchasing now, in many areas. At least if they stopped allowing laws made based on this the Rep support would fall from it.

And it's not just money kids.... Power.

Power to control you. To control what you buy, wear, how you live, eat drink and sleep.

Everything.

personally, the story appears as hogwash to me...

plus it says this guy just testified before congress in a hearing in march, why does he want to appear again?

there is NO NAMED SOURCE listed for this gobbledeegook....that should tell those of you with heads on your shoulders whoa nellie....

but, i suppose it's more fun to pretend the real truth is before you!

sheesh guys........!

The thing is, people are always looking to "feel good", and since there isn't much adversity left to fight, no more real struggles in our country left, they had to invent one. They did this by blowing something way out of proportion then masking it as "the right thing to do" (where have we heard that before kids?). In reality it is just like all other "feel good" movements, pushed too far and for too long. People latch onto this, and the companies that are profiting are finding ways to con people into forcing them on us. It's just ... a huge con job masked in "feel good" wrapping.

plus it says this guy just testified before congress in a hearing in march, why does he want to appear again?

there is NO NAMED SOURCE listed for this gobbledeegook....that should tell those of you with heads on your shoulders whoa nellie....

sheesh guys........!

I posted this story after hearing the Brit interviewed on the radio. He stated exactly what the post states.

He was asked to appear because Gore was speaking today, and the Repubs asked to have him as an expert. Blocked by Waxman.

Here is more info on "this gobbledeegook" as you call it:

"In October 2007, a British judge ruled the movie “An Inconvenient Truth” had nine inaccuracies. And shortly thereafter, in reference to this movie, another British person, Chris Monckton, wrote “35 Inconvenient Truths,” republished with permission by EcoWorld here..."
35 Inconvenient Truths by Christopher Monckton - EcoWorld

sheesh guys........!

I posted this story after hearing the Brit interviewed on the radio. He stated exactly what the post states.

He was asked to appear because Gore was speaking today, and the Repubs asked to have him as an expert. Blocked by Waxman.

Here is more info on "this gobbledeegook" as you call it:

"In October 2007, a British judge ruled the movie “An Inconvenient Truth” had nine inaccuracies. And shortly thereafter, in reference to this movie, another British person, Chris Monckton, wrote “35 Inconvenient Truths,” republished with permission by EcoWorld here..."
35 Inconvenient Truths by Christopher Monckton - EcoWorld

PC, all well and good that Monckton got to write his own little book making his own money off of this entire issue! :clap2: Bravo! for him!

I am not disputing that Monckton exists, or that he might even have some sound issues against Gore's film and what it states...regarding global warming.

What is gobbledeegook is that this man flew in for this hearing today, last night and did not know he was NOT SCHEDULED to testify until he landed...and that Democrats canceled his appearance at the last minute etc etc etc....the only source for this is unnamed, even in the original article in the telegraph...

My common sense and logic kicked in, and I find it impossible for this man not to know he would not be testifying this morning at 10 am and finding out last night that he was dropped at the last minute, being replace by Newt Gingrich as the guest speaker...I would imagine it would take more than a few days for congress to arrange for newt gingrich to come in and testify, i find it hard to believe the republicans that supposedly invited him didn't call to cancel with him, days before he left from Britain when they were making arrangements for Gingrich to testify as his replacement....

The whole far right wing spin on this from the article you posted reaks....and doesn't make any sense in how it is spun, if you take a few seconds and think about it...

At least, this is how I saw it PC.

Care

This is the third environmental movement in our nation.

The first was in the 70s. Remember the crying Indian and all the trash?

The second was in the 90s with the election of Clinton and all the talk of recycling.

This is the third wave, and they talk about global warming.

Listen, global warming can be real or not, but it doesn't matter. The earth has been warming for thousands of years. Did you ever take a college class on global warming? If not, then you're a bit underinformed.

I learned about global warming in 1992, about ten years before most of you heard the term.

Our college professor said, "Global warming is real. The true question is whether man is accelerating the process by burning fossil fuels."

Obviously, if you put carbon in the air (by burning things), it's going to cause the air to heat up. Global warming is real, and yes, man is accelerating it.

But how is that bad?

Is it bad because some places will have droughts and others too much rain? Is it going to cause cities to flood and crops to fail?

If so, why is that bad? Is it our own selfish nature as humans, and our self-preservation that causes us to worry?

Why are we worried?

If half the human race dies, is that a bad thing?

Why do people care?

I'll tell you why: They want you to buy carbon credits, so they can make a profit off your money. Al Gore is a big fat guy with a big fat jet who lives in a big fat mansion and wants you to pay money to feel better about pollution.

There is no such thing as an American being carbon neutral. You can't throw money to some organization and say, "I'm carbon neutral."

Just because some peasant on the other side of the world doesn't burn stuff gives you the right to throw out a bunch of money and say, "I'm carbon neutral."

Either you burn shit or you don't. It's that simple. You drive a car? Fly on planes? Buy packaged food? LIVE IN AMERICA? I'm sorry, but that makes you a polluter.

Hey, foks, I am a liberal fellow, and I'm not dumb enough to drive to Starbucks in a CAR, go to Wendy's, work in an air conditioned building, drive home in a CAR, turn on a bunch of lights, and then say, "we need to protect the environment."

When you live on a farm, off the grid, grow your own food, and ride a bike, then you can have a little bit of credibility.

As long as you drive a car and visit restaurants, you're NOT an environmentalist.

And who cares? Who are you trying to save, the human race? The planet?

HA!

The planet was here long before we were, and will be here long after we leave. It's a rock that spins in space.

The Goracle won the Noble Peace Prize for his farce Inconvenient Truth. Who'd he pay for that? Irena Sendler was also nominated for the Peace Prize in 2007. This is the woman who rightfully should have won.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZSu00RN2wk&feature=related[/ame]

I know this is old news but it pisses me off that Boracle's b.s. won over this woman, who so obviously was deserving of it.

Algoracle - what a lying load of a human being.

Al Gore isn't human ... a human would care about their own species more than their pocket books. A human wouldn't push for destroying the planet by using scare tactics for a quick buck. A human wouldn't rant and rave about people "polluting" then do three times as much as anyone else.

Al Gore isn't human ... a human would care about their own species more than their pocket books. A human wouldn't push for destroying the planet by using scare tactics for a quick buck. A human wouldn't rant and rave about people "polluting" then do three times as much as anyone else.

You're absolutely right! I stand corrected.

The whole "green" movement, even its very name, is disingenuous and really intellectually dishonest on its face. For if the environazis ever truly reached their stated goal -- reduction in greenhouse gases most especially CO2 -- the planet wouldn't be greener, it would turn yellow and brown. A "cooler" earth does not mean a fucking greener one. It means quite the opposite.

And of course they know this, but like just about every other such "cause" their stated goal is a smokescreen trying to hide their real goals and agenda. They come up with emotional hooks to get the masses to willingly eschew reason and logic. Like the science fiction that it is, "global warming" depends greatly on the masses' willing suspension of disbelief.

In science fiction -- we like the story, get hooked on it emotionally, like the characters, so we willingly turn our intellect off and cut them a break on the little tech details like faster than light space travel, matter to energy conversion and the inverse, shape-shifting aliens, whatever. We do this so we can enjoy the show, to "feel good."

And that's the exact same technique and appeal global warming has. You'll "feel" better and not so guilty if you "go green." Your fears of impending doom will be assuaged, you'll be a fucking hero, Luke fucking Skywalker, Captain fucking Kirk -- part of the noble among us who "helped save the planet."

It's all appealing to our inherent human frailty -- vanity. We as a being have a need to feel important and all-powerful. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It's just folly.

And the purveyors of this and the willing little lapdog kickme mangy mongrel mutt followers who fucking preach this shit incessantly online and everywhere else -- are just fucking liars, even and most especially to themselves. The worst dishonesty possible.

They're afraid of any disenting opinons--they prefer to keep the kids scared to death that the earth is dying before their eyes--& let's face it they use global warming to get elected. They sure couldn't do it on National Security so they had to have something.

If we had a disenting opinion Barack Obama may never get his cap & trade bill passed--therefore "saving" each American household $2000.00 in electric bills.

Because it still has not been proven that humans cause global warming.

Does anyone out there wonder why it is us that would have to pay a cap and trade and are any of you dumb enough to believe that China and India are gonna do it to. Hopefully you all know that the air knows no boundries, so are we stupid enough to believe that this is a problem that only America can take care of, If you do I will let you pay my $4,000 in increased utility costs.

Good Job Care. If you had bothered to look at the article you were provided access to you would have discovered that it isn't Monckton with whom Gore disagrees but damn near every climate scientist on earth, and the IPCC report. A 20 ft wall of water inundating land if the glaciers melt which a good many of them aren't? Sorry IPCC stataes not more than 2 feet and that is an absolute worst case scenario that no one believes likely to happen. 600PPM CO2 by 2050. No one things that will happen either. The Sahara has been shrinking not expanding for the last 25 years. Antartic ice melting? On one peninsula. The peninsula in question is roughly 1/55th the size of Texas and represents well less than 10% of the entire ice mass where in fact the ice is at its largest size since we began measuring in 2007.

By the way warm periods usually cause far fewer problems for human beings in general than cold ones.

Forum List

Back