Democrats Fear Global Warming Skeptic

personally, the story appears as hogwash to me...

plus it says this guy just testified before congress in a hearing in march, why does he want to appear again?

there is NO NAMED SOURCE listed for this gobbledeegook....that should tell those of you with heads on your shoulders whoa nellie....

but, i suppose it's more fun to pretend the real truth is before you!

sheesh guys........!

I posted this story after hearing the Brit interviewed on the radio. He stated exactly what the post states.

He was asked to appear because Gore was speaking today, and the Repubs asked to have him as an expert. Blocked by Waxman.

Here is more info on "this gobbledeegook" as you call it:

"In October 2007, a British judge ruled the movie “An Inconvenient Truth” had nine inaccuracies. And shortly thereafter, in reference to this movie, another British person, Chris Monckton, wrote “35 Inconvenient Truths,” republished with permission by EcoWorld here..."
35 Inconvenient Truths by Christopher Monckton - EcoWorld

PC, all well and good that Monckton got to write his own little book making his own money off of this entire issue! :clap2: Bravo! for him!

I am not disputing that Monckton exists, or that he might even have some sound issues against Gore's film and what it states...regarding global warming.

What is gobbledeegook is that this man flew in for this hearing today, last night and did not know he was NOT SCHEDULED to testify until he landed...and that Democrats canceled his appearance at the last minute etc etc etc....the only source for this is unnamed, even in the original article in the telegraph...

My common sense and logic kicked in, and I find it impossible for this man not to know he would not be testifying this morning at 10 am and finding out last night that he was dropped at the last minute, being replace by Newt Gingrich as the guest speaker...I would imagine it would take more than a few days for congress to arrange for newt gingrich to come in and testify, i find it hard to believe the republicans that supposedly invited him didn't call to cancel with him, days before he left from Britain when they were making arrangements for Gingrich to testify as his replacement....

The whole far right wing spin on this from the article you posted reaks....and doesn't make any sense in how it is spun, if you take a few seconds and think about it...

At least, this is how I saw it PC.

Care

Are you contending that it is not within probability that our Democrat representatives, considering how it is the Democrat Party that is aiming to pass a huge tax hike called "Cap and Trade," based on the Al Gore nonsense, are beyond blocking the testimony of an expert who might blow Gore's puffery out of the water?

Beyond possibility because, what, the Dems are too high minded to do this?

Or is the thesis that he flew over just to make news to sell his books?

I propose a simple wager. How about I call this "Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas), Ranking Member on the Energy & Commerce Committee," next week, and see if he invited Monckton to speak at the hearings? Or if you feel better about it, you call, and I'll trust your report.

If the Congressman's office verifies the story, you find this thread and issue a post-apology. If he does not verify the story, I find the thread, and issue same.

Interested?

PC
As I stated, I find the story hard to believe regarding Monckton flying in thursday night, expecting to testify the following morning, only to find out that he wouldn't be....

when gingrich, his chosen replacement by the Republicans on committee, had supposedly been on the list to testify for days.

This is what I believe is hogwash...the spin that this man DID NOT KNOW that he would not be testifying the following morning.

Whether the Democrats cancelled his appearance because he had already appeared before Congress and testified ALREADY the month before....or because other Republicans wanted Gingrich instead to get a different perspective, or the Democrats were scared of him testifying a SECOND time as the Texas Rep is saying...???

As mentioned, this man had already testified before Committee just 4 weeks earlier, why didn't the Dems cancel him THEN if they were so afraid of him?

Either way, my issue is that the story implies something that is far fetched with him not being notified by congress, not even by the Republicans in congress that invited him, until he landed here in the untited states, 12 hours before he was supposedly scheduled to testify.

plus it says this guy just testified before congress in a hearing in march, why does he want to appear again?

there is NO NAMED SOURCE listed for this gobbledeegook....that should tell those of you with heads on your shoulders whoa nellie....

sheesh guys........!
I agree. Interesting that some British ponce would bring up free speech...it's got nothing to do with free speech even if this were true. :lol: Therefore I can only conclude he is stoopid.

Washington, DC -- UK's Lord Christopher Monckton, a former science advisor to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, claimed House Democrats have refused to allow him to appear alongside former Vice President Al Gore at a high profile global warming hearing on Friday April 24, 2009 at 10am in Washington. Monckton told Climate Depot that the Democrats rescinded his scheduled joint appearance at the House Energy and Commerce hearing on Friday. Monckton said he was informed that he would not be allowed to testify alongside Gore when his plane landed from England Thursday afternoon.

“The House Democrats don't want Gore humiliated, so they slammed the door of the Capitol in my face,” Monckton told Climate Depot in an exclusive interview. “They are cowards.”

“The Democrats have a lot to learn about the right of free speech under the US Constitution. Congress Henry Waxman's (D-CA) refusal to expose Al Gore's sci-fi comedy-horror testimony to proper, independent scrutiny by the House minority reeks of naked fear,” Monckton said from the airport Thursday evening.

Report: Democrats Refuse to Allow Skeptic to Testify Alongside Gore At Congressional Hearing | Climate Depot

What could they be afraid of?

They're afraid of any disenting opinons--they prefer to keep the kids scared to death that the earth is dying before their eyes--& let's face it they use global warming to get elected. They sure couldn't do it on National Security so they had to have something.

If we had a disenting opinion Barack Obama may never get his cap & trade bill passed--therefore "saving" each American household $2000.00 in electric bills.

I watch most of the Hearings yesterday, and by NO MEANS was Newt Gingrich testimony, wimpy.

I guess they were not afraid of Newt? They should have been, if they are as cowardice as you imply....

Care

sheesh guys........!

I posted this story after hearing the Brit interviewed on the radio. He stated exactly what the post states.

He was asked to appear because Gore was speaking today, and the Repubs asked to have him as an expert. Blocked by Waxman.

"In October 2007, a British judge ruled the movie “An Inconvenient Truth” had nine inaccuracies. And shortly thereafter, in reference to this movie, another British person, Chris Monckton, wrote “35 Inconvenient Truths,” republished with permission by EcoWorld here..."
Why would a judge rule on a movie? :rofl: Now that is an abuse of free speech, but then again the Brits are a bit cracked. Activist judges...lol.

sheesh guys........!

Why would a judge rule on a movie? :rofl: Now that is an abuse of free speech, but then again the Brits are a bit cracked. Activist judges...lol.
The schools there were going to FORCE kids to watch the garbage. Over parents objections. They had a case, took it to court and won. And they won because Monckton took Gore apart, shredded his idiotic movie and put a small dent in the indoctrination process.

PC
As I stated, I find the story hard to believe regarding Monckton flying in thursday night, expecting to testify the following morning, only to find out that he wouldn't be....

when gingrich, his chosen replacement by the Republicans on committee, had supposedly been on the list to testify for days.

This is what I believe is hogwash...the spin that this man DID NOT KNOW that he would not be testifying the following morning.

Whether the Democrats cancelled his appearance because he had already appeared before Congress and testified ALREADY the month before....or because other Republicans wanted Gingrich instead to get a different perspective, or the Democrats were scared of him testifying a SECOND time as the Texas Rep is saying...???

As mentioned, this man had already testified before Committee just 4 weeks earlier, why didn't the Dems cancel him THEN if they were so afraid of him?

Either way, my issue is that the story implies something that is far fetched with him not being notified by congress, not even by the Republicans in congress that invited him, until he landed here in the untited states, 12 hours before he was supposedly scheduled to testify.
Gingrich isn't a scientist. He is a republican politician therefore he he easily dismissed by the AGW Church. Monckton IS a scientist, and not so easily dismissed.

PC

Gingrich isn't a scientist. He is a republican politician therefore he he easily dismissed by the AGW Church. Monckton IS a scientist, and not so easily dismissed.
hahahahaha

ahhhhhhhhhh, so true! But, Al Gore isn't a scientist either, just a politician as well....? ;)

btw, I never said I was lock ,stock and barrel on the Gore bandwagon

PC

I'll tell you, it does surprise me that no other news source carried the story, but maybe the idea is 'why mention everyone who did not appear.'

On the other hand, it seemed clear to me that he would be banished because Gore was to speak, and his pose might be tarnished.

It would be interesting to see if Gore spoke the earlier time that Monckton spoke, and if he did not, would lend credence to the story.

So, no wager, huh?

PC

I'll tell you, it does surprise me that no other news source carried the story, but maybe the idea is 'why mention everyone who did not appear.'

On the other hand, it seemed clear to me that he would be banished because Gore was to speak, and his pose might be tarnished.

It would be interesting to see if Gore spoke the earlier time that Monckton spoke, and if he did not, would lend credence to the story.

So, no wager, huh?

:lol: I'm not much of a gambler unless you're talking putting quarters in to slot machine! :eek:

hahahahaha

ahhhhhhhhhh, so true! But, Al Gore isn't a scientist either, just a politician as well....? ;)

btw, I never said I was lock ,stock and barrel on the Gore bandwagon

It's painfully obvious he's not scientist but he's also not a politician anymore (doesn't mean he still doesn't play the political game well). He used to be but he is a shrewd, intelligent, savvy businessman now. And he's got his eyes on the prize. His 'the sky is falling global warming' crap is being pushed because he stands to make a mega-fortune off of it.

Generation Investment Management — the investment firm chaired by former Vice President and all around green guy Al Gore — announced over the weekend that it has set up an investment fund for green start-ups. The new Climate Solutions Fund reportedly has $683 million in its coffers. This announcement comes on the heels of last week’s new fund from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers — a venture capital firm in which Gore has a significant leadership role. Reportedly, a sizable amount of the $500-million Kleiner Perkins fund came from Generation.

Between these two new funds, both Generation's CEO, David Blood, and Gore are heavily invested in developing green businesses. While their exact investments have not been disclosed, they’ve made it clear that they’re putting their money where their mouths are: Blood told the Financial Times that he believes that green investments are the only way to go in a tough market:

Al Gore Lands Another $683 Million For Green Investment

Greentech could be the largest economic opportunity of the 21st century. It is an unprecedented challenge that demands great innovation, speed and scale." No matter what altruistic reasons that the company may use to justify their choices of ventures that they fund, the investors behind Kleiner Perkins know that there is big money to be made in cleantch.

$500 Million in Green Venture Capital

Good Job Care. If you had bothered to look at the article you were provided access to you would have discovered that it isn't Monckton with whom Gore disagrees but damn near every climate scientist on earth, and the IPCC report. A 20 ft wall of water inundating land if the glaciers melt which a good many of them aren't? Sorry IPCC stataes not more than 2 feet and that is an absolute worst case scenario that no one believes likely to happen. 600PPM CO2 by 2050. No one things that will happen either. The Sahara has been shrinking not expanding for the last 25 years. Antartic ice melting? On one peninsula. The peninsula in question is roughly 1/55th the size of Texas and represents well less than 10% of the entire ice mass where in fact the ice is at its largest size since we began measuring in 2007.

By the way warm periods usually cause far fewer problems for human beings in general than cold ones.

I have long argued with the global warmers about this.

If the earth actually warms a degree or two in the 21st century, that would overall be of benefit to humanity, not harmful to it. Unfortunately, a growing number are saying we could be in for a 10-30 year cooling trend.

As if a lame movie wasn't enough ... are they using the phrase "inconvenient truth" as a selling point now, that's insulting to the real scientists.

Al Gore isn't the issue.

The issue is that pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere caused the earth to warm.

CO2 is not political. It's effects are well known and cannot be denied.

Good Job Care. If you had bothered to look at the article you were provided access to you would have discovered that it isn't Monckton with whom Gore disagrees but damn near every climate scientist on earth, and the IPCC report. A 20 ft wall of water inundating land if the glaciers melt which a good many of them aren't? Sorry IPCC stataes not more than 2 feet and that is an absolute worst case scenario that no one believes likely to happen. 600PPM CO2 by 2050. No one things that will happen either. The Sahara has been shrinking not expanding for the last 25 years. Antartic ice melting? On one peninsula. The peninsula in question is roughly 1/55th the size of Texas and represents well less than 10% of the entire ice mass where in fact the ice is at its largest size since we began measuring in 2007.

By the way warm periods usually cause far fewer problems for human beings in general than cold ones.

If the earth actually warms a degree or two in the 21st century, that would overall be of benefit to humanity, not harmful to it. Unfortunately, a growing number are saying we could be in for a 10-30 year cooling trend.

It may be true that humans have made the most of warm periods, there are also more problems that can become hazardous during warm periods. First off is population growth. As population grows you have to find a way to feed more mouths which means you have to use more land and water to accomplish this. More population also brings about more waste which means more disease. If there is enough rainfall this is not a problem. When a drought hits, people must either move to where the water is and land that can sustain the people moving into the new area.

The second thing that warm periods bring are more frequent El Nino Southern Oscillation which creates problems worldwide with rainfall amounts and droughts. Since warm periods also bring warmer ocean waters ENSO's become more severe and have caused as the evidence now shows the downfall of many civilizations. For examples see Mayan, Anasazzi, The city state of UR in Iraq, and many more not listed.

Cold periods help with population control and places human civilization in extremes, but warm periods create many other problems that may be far reaching and tumultuous for humans. -sean

Al Gore isn't the issue.

The issue is that pumping billions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere caused the earth to warm.

CO2 is not political. It's effects are well known and cannot be denied.
"Denied" like holocaust deniers? Or just flat proven WRONG because it's a lie. There's a difference. Holocaust deniers are liars, scientists like Monckton and thousands of others are not. You say it's not political, but clearly it has been made so.

What say you about what happens if the environazis reach their stated goal, and greenhouse gases especially the very minor one, CO2, are greatly reduced and the earth turns brown not green? Scientists know the greenhouse effect is essential for life on the planet. CO2 is life-giving gas for plant life. Why do environazis such as yourself hate plants?

You're pushing this science fiction, trolling these threads and posting without reading, mindlessly repeating the same mantra over and over, and it's dishonest because you actually do know better. Probably. It's possible you're simply really really stupid however.

It may be true that humans have made the most of warm periods, there are also more problems that can become hazardous during warm periods. First off is population growth. As population grows you have to find a way to feed more mouths which means you have to use more land and water to accomplish this. More population also brings about more waste which means more disease. If there is enough rainfall this is not a problem. When a drought hits, people must either move to where the water is and land that can sustain the people moving into the new area.

The second thing that warm periods bring are more frequent El Nino Southern Oscillation which creates problems worldwide with rainfall amounts and droughts. Since warm periods also bring warmer ocean waters ENSO's become more severe and have caused as the evidence now shows the downfall of many civilizations. For examples see Mayan, Anasazzi, The city state of UR in Iraq, and many more not listed.

Cold periods help with population control and places human civilization in extremes, but warm periods create many other problems that may be far reaching and tumultuous for humans. -sean

So are you saying environmentalists want a more extreme earth climate so that a greater number of humans will die?

That the great motivator behind the Go Green movement is in fact population control? You are aware of course such population control will impact the 3rd world nations the most - they will be the ones to starve, freeze, go to war, etc...

Fascinating!

liberals have always wanted less people. cap and trade will contract the world economy and kill off alot of the worlds poor.

The PEA brain climate change deniers mantra...

THIS is WHO funds the experts we should trust ...
51_air_pollution_2.jpg

And...THESE are the experts we should listen to ...

12340_weatherman_giving_a_five_day_forcast_on_the_news.jpg

Forum List

Back