Democrats controlled both Chambers

FloridaGirl

Apr 12, 2012
For several years starting when Bush was still in office and a couple of years into Obama's term. Why republicans get all the blame is beyond me, not to mention Bush who had to deal with a democratic controlled Congress. So if Obama didn't get much done the two first years, well that is not the fault of republicans.......:)

Does 2 years count as several? Democrats won both houses in 2006 leaving 6 years when Bush could pass any kind of crazy thing and did.

For several years starting when Bush was still in office and a couple of years into Obama's term. Why republicans get all the blame is beyond me, not to mention Bush who had to deal with a democratic controlled Congress. So if Obama didn't get much done the two first years, well that is not the fault of republicans.......:)

can you spell F-I-L-I-B-U-S-T-E-R???

eh... probably not.

Democrats have been a huge disappointment for many years. I left the party in 2003. During the last two years of the bush administration, there were always just enough democrats to vote for and pass a bush desired bill. bush had no trouble getting what he wanted. obama has been nothing short of a disappointment...just not for the whacked out reasons republican wingers state.

The reason republicans get he blame is because their policies are the ones that caused the housing bubble and the banking panic. Furthermore Obama got more done in his first 2 years then probably any president since the 80's

I guess when you live in the past and don't accept responsibility for your current actions you have nothing left to stand on. As for the financial melt down of the housing industry you had better do some research before you get too carried away.

Does 2 years count as several? Democrats won both houses in 2006 leaving 6 years when Bush could pass any kind of crazy thing and did.

In 6 years under George W. Bush and the Republican controlled House and Senate, they totalled $3.4 trillion in debt, and while I am not excusing that, the mere fact that under Obama and the Democrat controlled House and Senate -- in just one year they added $3 trillion to the debt. So, wow, in just one year, the Democrats came $400 billion short of 6 years of Bush and Republicans. Way to go Democrats....you economic geniuses you!!

eh... probably not.

well first, the senate under bush never had 60 votes. ( thats for Florida girl) when the reps did have over 50, they did things that they could if they got their 50 together, like a budget for instance.

The tables turned in jan 2007.

Jillian, can you please present evidence of the filibusters engaged in/enacted by the rep. party,I would appreciate seeing that. Thank you in advance.

The reason republicans get he blame is because their policies are the ones that caused the housing bubble and the banking panic. Furthermore Obama got more done in his first 2 years then probably any president since the 80's

There you go throwing rocks without knowing just how long the bubble took to build, who was leading the charge, and what party expanded their grasp onto the throats of the financial industry. Nice try, but it is time to do some research on the subject. As for accomplishing so much in two years, well squat about sums it up, except the role of government is now larger, national debt out of control, and progressive management of the economy is nothing more then a house of cards. I guess government control of the free market doesn't work after all does it? unless you work for a union.

In 6 years under George W. Bush and the Republican controlled House and Senate, they totalled $3.4 trillion in debt, and while I am not excusing that, the mere fact that under Obama and the Democrat controlled House and Senate -- in just one year they added $3 trillion to the debt. So, wow, in just one year, the Democrats came $400 billion short of 6 years of Bush and Republicans. Way to go Democrats....you economic geniuses you!!

Mr. Obama's polices, his, not the continuations of pre-existing spending programs have cost us far less that any one deficit exploding measure such as Bush tax cuts or part d, or the wars.

such as Bush tax cuts or part d.

Bush pledged a $160 billon drug program. The Democrats wouldn't pass it and demand a $900 billion drug program.

The compromise was Blanch Lincoln (D) and her $400 billion program.

See what happens when Republicans compromise with leftist assholes like you?

They get blamed.

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency...

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

Obama has added 4.1 million jobs since 2009.

Here’s what Bush left us with.....

Aug 2008 - 334,000 net JOBS LOST
Sep 2008 - 458,000 net JOBS LOST
Oct 2008 - 554,000 net JOBS LOST
Nov 2008 - 728,000 net JOBS LOST
Dec 2008 - 673,000 net JOBS LOST
Jan 2009 - 779,000 net JOBS LOST

You have been schooled on this several times, keep being stupid, from June 2001 until November 2002 the Democrats controlled the Senate. Bush had 4 years with never more then 54 Senators. As I recall you lot claimed 59 Democratic Senators were hostage to 41 so exactly how did Bush have complete control ACCORDING to YOUR standards?

Mr. Obama's polices, his, not the continuations of pre-existing spending programs have cost us far less that any one deficit exploding measure such as Bush tax cuts or part d, or the wars.
Sorry, after inauguration is done, it's on the next president's shoulders to reduce spending if spending is the problem. Obama multiplied spending, as Mr. Locke said.

Obama can run from his record, he can blame someone else for his record, but he just cannot hide his record. It speaks, no, it shouts with warp and wonky spending!

The Housing bust brought down the Market and guess who defeated 3 attempts by Bush and McCain to regulate said market more? Barney Frank in the House and Chris Dodd in the Senate. Hell Barney Frank was on National TV just before the collapse stating that the market was sound and the ONLY danger it faced was more regulations. Further the deregulation and the bad loan practice was created while Clinton was President he signed the bills and he and the Democrats including Obama as a lawyer pressured banks to make bad loans. The person in charge of the Government agencies doing housing loans were Democrats.

eh... probably not.

You made that excuse when you had 59 Senators. Bush never had more then 54. Go figure.

Forum List

Back