Democrat Senators To Strip Gun Rights From Certain Military Veterans

• Banned
Is this a smart move? I don't think so. This could be a first in opening up future opportunities to strip gun rights from Americans on a broader scale. I am pro gun all the way and I am not the only veteran who is. There will be a huge backlash if this is approved.

Dem Senators to Strip Gun Rights from Military Vets

I doubt the House would approve and it requires both houses to pass a bill.

Agreed but just the thought of the attempt by them to try it is alarming.

By all means

Lets defend the second ammendment rights of the insane

Virginia Tech massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 15 others[1] in two separate attacks

Cho, a senior English major at Virginia Tech, had previously been diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder. During much of his middle school and high school years, he received therapy and special education support. After graduating from high school, Cho enrolled at Virginia Tech. Because of federal privacy laws, Virginia Tech was unaware of Cho's previous diagnosis or the accommodations he had been granted at school. In 2005, Cho was accused of stalking two female students. After an investigation, a Virginia special justice declared Cho mentally ill and ordered him to attend treatment.[4] Lucinda Roy, a professor and former chairwoman of the English department, had also asked Cho to seek counseling.

Last edited:
Is this a smart move? I don't think so. This could be a first in opening up future opportunities to strip gun rights from Americans on a broader scale. I am pro gun all the way and I am not the only veteran who is. There will be a huge backlash if this is approved.

Dem Senators to Strip Gun Rights from Military Vets

I doubt the House would approve and it requires both houses to pass a bill.

Let's hope cooler heads prevail. Wasn't Chuckie Schmuckie the same person talking about taxing ammunition out of reach of Americans and when that didn't work tried to have bullets inscribed with lasered serial numbers? Hey Sarge have you seen the cost of ammo lately? It's getting so bad that it not worth the cost to blow some people away. They're not worth a plugged nickel anyway.

2011 Tucson shooting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On January 8, 2011, U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords and eighteen other people were shot during a public meeting held in a supermarket parking lot in Casas Adobes, near Tucson, Arizona

Loughner had a history of drug possession charges and had been suspended by his college for disruptive behavior. Court filings include notes allegedly handwritten by Loughner indicating he planned to assassinate Giffords.[9] The motive for the shooting remains unclear; Loughner did not cooperate with authorities, invoking his right to remain silent.[6] Loughner was found by a judge to be incompetent to stand trial based on two medical evaluations

Last edited:
It seems to me to specifically name vets in the bill is not right.

Those so mentally disturbed that fit the criteria defined in the article , without singeling out any specific group would be the way I would think it be written.

yeah, attempting to keep the guns away from the insane is a public service.

attempting to disarm a particular group, especially our vets, is real close to punishment

By all means

Does the bill define what level of mental illness? What type of personality disorders? What their definition of "financially support themselves" is? Does this insanity have to be diagnosed by a private professional or by a military psychiatrist? If a veteran declines to be evaluated would their gun ownership right be taken away?

Answer those questions before you support it with a knee-jerk reaction.

By all means

The law already provides for removing the right of weapon ownership to those adjudged incompetent. It requires a JUDGE to make the determination after a hearing. Are you suggesting we just allow anyone to declare it?

PTSD is not insane. MORON.

By all means

Does the bill define what level of mental illness? What type of personality disorders? What their definition of "financially support themselves" is? Does this insanity have to be diagnosed by a private professional or by a military psychiatrist? If a veteran declines to be evaluated would their gun ownership right be taken away?

Sure lets define it

1. A military psychiatrist is treating someone and finds he is a danger to himself or others....pull his guns
2. Friends, neighbors, family become concerned about a vets mental stability...see 1.

By all means

Sure lets define it

1. A military psychiatrist is treating someone and finds he is a danger to himself or others....pull his guns
2. Friends, neighbors, family become concerned about a vets mental stability...see 1.

Not how it works and not how it should work. The law already allows for the process, A psychiatrist reports his beliefs to the local law enforcement. They investigate and if found to be substantiated they either get the local DA to place the person in the mental facility and hold a court hearing to determine his state or they just order the Court hearing. Same with if family and friends suspect a problem.

The Judge determines at the hearing whether the individual is competent or not. If found incompetent or a danger to society his right to own weapons is suspended.

Your plan allows anyone to accuse anyone for any reason of a problem and allows the stripping of protected rights by anyone for any reason.

Why not post the bill instead of another Breitbart propaganda piece?

By all means

Sure lets define it

So what if that veteran gets a second opinion and that second psychiatrist says they're okay to own a gun?

We're mad that the mentally ill aren't being allowed legal ownership of guns?

Not at all. We're mad that the bill specifically targets veterans, and that liberals are supporting it with a knee-jerk reaction when they don't even know what's in it.

Forum List

Back