Democrat leads in deep-red W.Va. House district that the Doosh won by 50 points! WOW! How odd ?

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
Democrat leads in deep-red W.Va. House district
ojedarichard_061918.jpg

West_Virginia_Congress_Ojeda_90412.jpg

West_Virginia_Congress_Ojeda_58205.jpg

© HillTV

Democratic state Sen. Richard Ojeda is leading the race for West Virginia's open 3rd Congressional District, a poll released Thursday shows, despite the fact that President Trump (AKA The Great Douche) won the district by more than 50 points in 2016.

Monmouth University polled the district using two distinct likely voter projections—one assuming a typical midterm electorate turns out in November, and another predicting a Democratic surge in opposition to Trump.
Democrat leads in deep-red W.Va. House district
:yes_text12::happy-1::happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:

It’s not that surprising. A Democrat represented that district for over 30 years prior to 2014. This is exactly the kind of guy who can take the seat back. He’s not a radical loon like most of the people in your party

It’s not that surprising. A Democrat represented that district for over 30 years prior to 2014. This is exactly the kind of guy who can take the seat back. He’s not a radical loon like most of the people in your party
He voted for Trump, so you may want to rethink that. ;)

Keep telling yourself that. Cons are dropping like flies in districts across the country that Trump won handily. And to lose a district he carried by 50 points?

upload_2018-6-21_20-10-57.jpeg

Keep telling yourself that. Cons are dropping like flies in districts across the country that Trump won handily. And to lose a district he carried by 50 points?

View attachment 200243

Democratic registration still greatly outnumbers Republicans throughout West Virginia despite presidential election results, but you are obviously free to believe whatever you want.

View attachment 200243

Democratic registration still greatly outnumbers Republicans throughout West Virginia despite presidential election results

:itsok: You have an excuse that feels good. Good for you.

View attachment 200243

Democratic registration still greatly outnumbers Republicans throughout West Virginia despite presidential election results

I don’t care who wins. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I am one of the intelligent few. You’re the one lying awake at night about it

View attachment 200243

I don’t care who wins. I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I am one of the intelligent few. You’re the one lying awake at night about it

You looking in people's windows watching them sleep? You a peeping Tom? Every post you make is of the crazy angry conservative type so who exactly are you pretending to be?

And that is the limit for me for feckless convos like this. Flail away comrade.

View attachment 200243

You looking in people's windows watching them sleep? You a peeping Tom? Every post you make is of the crazy angry conservative type so who exactly are you pretending to be?

And that is the limit for me for feckless convos like this. Flail away comrade.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

And
yet still a republican holds this seat, and yet still they voted for Trump by 50 points in this district.

Conservative leaning Democrats play well in the Rust Belt. Connor Lamb already showed that. As you pointed out, this guy is touting that he voted for Trump. Throw in the mix that this is a midterm election and the party not in power usually has the edge.

So, again, to anybody who actually pays attention to the analytics of politics, his lead at this point in time is really not that shocking.

If you want to be part of the herd be my guest.
What herd is that? the herd that does the adulting and makes a choice at the polls? Until the system changes, there are typically only two people that can win an election. I hold my nose and vote for one. meanwhile, intellectually lazy people like you sit and point and just say everything sucks, so that you can never be "wrong" about any of it. Good for you.

If you want to be part of the herd be my guest.
What herd is that? the herd that does the adulting and makes a choice at the polls? Until the system changes, there are typically only two people that can win an election. I hold my nose and vote for one.

You choose to do that. It has nothing to do with the system and it doesn't need to be change. You're just one of the flock.

Conservative leaning Democrats play well in the Rust Belt.
Except for when they don't, like, for the last 5+ years. Are you *gasp* AGREEING with the OP, in that something is changing????

I've been saying all year that the Democrats will make gains in Congress and may very well take back the majority. Do you not agree?

You choose to do that. It has nothing to do with the system and it doesn't need to be change.
Horseshit. My choice would be to publicly fund elections, so that other parties can field viable candidates. Yes, I choose to vote... I said as much ... and you choose to sit, point, and cackle, because that is easier. when "everything sucks", you can never be wrong. that makes you lazy. Your penchant for doing nothing because you think you can only do a little makes you apathetic.

You choose to do that. It has nothing to do with the system and it doesn't need to be change.
Horseshit. My choice would be to publicly fund elections, so that other parties can field viable candidates.

In other words, you choose to protect incumbents.

Yes, I choose to vote... I said as much ... and you choose to sit, point, and cackle, because that is easier. when "everything sucks", you can never be wrong. that makes you lazy. Your penchant for doing nothing because you think you can only do a little makes you apathetic.

Who said I didn't vote?

In other words, you choose to protect incumbents.
That doesn't follow at all. And I don't know if you have checked the scoreboard lately, but incumbents are very clearly protected in our current system. Like, to the tune of 90%. So you have a lot of splainin to do as to why changing the system would make that number higher. And, as usual... no alternative offered from you. nope, we wouldn't have to do the heavy lifting of providing argumentative support for saying something is GOOD instead of saying something SUCKS, right?
Who said I didn't vote?
My mistake, so you vote. By the way, I am neither republican or democrat. I don't always vote democrat, particularly at the local level. But it has been an easy choice for a liberal like me, on the national level.

Forum List

Back