Democracy is bad for capitalism, my friends. let's explain...

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
if Exxon Mobil needed something in let's say Equatorial Guinea, it knew exactly where to get it, from the offices of the country's president for life, Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbongo.

he might have his own quirks and odd desires, but for Exxon it was at least one-stop shopping, there's no one else you need to talk to. real democracies, where competing ideas and other would be could be leaders are in a constant tug of war that could never be permanently won with a mercurial electorate swaying the presidency and congress back and forth, its a neat trick for people-powered governance.

but it isnt ideal for those concerned with maintaining the steady flow of oil and progress and profit. big oil projects can take decades and billions of cash to achieve.

Fiery new Papua New Guinea PM questions vast Exxon,... | Daily Mail Online

• Banned
brothers and sisters: the obstacles blocking the exalted few individuals of drive and genius who are the only real heroes who can be counted on to power world progress, if they could only be allowed to breathe and do their thing unfettered by the small, the meek, the uninformed, the uncertain!

Two types of capitalism

Long term and short term

The short term are the globalists and long term is the patriots

Short
term destroys after the insane greed gets the great profit.

Long term makes all people prosper and the children later .. this is the correct system and is trumps system

• Banned
this is what Crazy Bernie would do if he became president: he would rollback the by now politically toxic tax breaks for the oil industry, he would put a windfall profits tax to clip the energy companies whenever the oil prices went too high, would end offshore drilling, institute cap and trade etc

we cannot let this lunatic be anywhere near the oval O!

And vice-versa. It is one of the great tragedies of the world that those who live among a wealth of natural resources are virtual strangers to peace and prosperity because it is cheaper to steal resources than to buy them.

• Banned
my friends, we cant let democratic countries kill off the great march of each country toward energy independence, just as it is finally coming within reach!

when i think about it my friends, capitalism is just like democracy. its a bad system, except when compared to all the other systems

Forum List

Back