Dem Response To Are You Better Off Than Four Years Ago: Blame Bush

It was a no brainer to buy property in 09 as the market was bottoming out. It didn't matter who the president was for that.

true. However the OP wanted to know if things were better under Obama, for me and mine, its a yes.

And ill admit, thats just my family. Others will have the complete opposite story.

Nothing will improve no matter who is in charge till we come together as a nation and move past this "Bush is the Devil" and "Liberalism is a sickness" crap. Till that stops, we will keep voting in complete and utter fools. like we have right now.

It's sad to watch. I guess it makes some sense if you don't understand how the economy works (and clearly they don't).

Yeah they had to come up with something or someone to blame. So like in 2008 and 4 years later BLAME BUSH. It's Bush's fault you're not better off than what you were 4 years ago--:badgrin::badgrin:
003_tn.jpg

obama-portrait-bush.jpg

2012 reelection campaign strategy for Barack Obama

It was a no brainer to buy property in 09 as the market was bottoming out. It didn't matter who the president was for that.

true. However the OP wanted to know if things were better under Obama, for me and mine, its a yes.

And ill admit, thats just my family. Others will have the complete opposite story.

Nothing will improve no matter who is in charge till we come together as a nation and move past this "Bush is the Devil" and "Liberalism is a sickness" crap. Till that stops, we will keep voting in complete and utter fools. like we have right now.

Dude things improved while Reagan was president.

And the time it taking obama to get start Reagan already had finished.

in a overly simplistic tone, yes, you are correct.

I don't think its smart to compare the issues Reagen had to fix compared to the mess Obama took on. They were no where near the same. Reagen never had to take on a falling economy losing 800k jobs a month and American car manufacturing about to fall apart.

But staying with the overly simplistic tone. Reagen had Democrats working with him, Obama has received zero support from the GOP, at the detriment of our nation and credit rating. I would be more willing to take your opinion further if Obama has actually received help from the right.

Dude things improved while Reagan was president.

yes they did.

Difference between then and now:
A lot more partisan hackery
A Congress split more than ever
Fighting two wars

I said it at the time Obama was elected and I'll say it again now. Anybody with half a brain would know there is no way this mess would get fixed in four years. Thus my wish for a McCain win. I knew the right (especially the rabid right) would blame Obama for this mess.

Fact: He didn't give tax cuts
Fact: He didn't start a war.

And if you want Reb - mark this post because I'll go on record. This will not be fixed over the next four years either. I think by the end of Obamas' second term, or Romeny's first, there MIGHT be some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm thinking 2018 or even longer depending on the European economies....Yes, it was THAT bad....

in a overly simplistic tone, yes, you are correct.

I don't think its smart to compare the issues Reagen had to fix compared to the mess Obama took on. They were no where near the same. Reagen never had to take on a falling economy losing 800k jobs a month and American car manufacturing about to fall apart.

But staying with the overly simplistic tone. Reagen had Democrats working with him, Obama has received zero support from the GOP, at the detriment of our nation and credit rating. I would be more willing to take your opinion further if Obama has actually received help from the right.

The right are not interested in helping him..

Ever since the former Governor of Arkansas had the audacity to win in 1992 the right have been apoplectic ever since. The left responded when the Chimp got in. The right went even harder after Obama - compounded by the wars and economy. I expect that if Romney gets the nod in November, the left will after him, too.....

This is one reason why I usually fall on the side of the Dems because of the way the rabid right treated Clinton. The right seem to think "Hey, we know we treated him like shit, but how dare you treat Bush like that"..To which I say, "well, whaddya expect".

Wasn't helped by Bush being one of the most uncurious, vacuous, simpletons to ever hold the office. Nobody can accuse Romney of those deficits...

This is one reason why I usually fall on the side of the Dems because of the way the rabid right treated Clinton.

funny you say that. I'm 32, born in 1979, and the main reason I am a Democrat is because at a young age I watched the GOP treat Clinton like a rag doll. I never felt like he really did anything worthy of the incoming BS he received. Thus today, I have a hard time taking Republicans seriously. It all goes back to Clinton's treatment.

yes they did.

Fighting two wars

I said it at the time Obama was elected and I'll say it again now. Anybody with half a brain would know there is no way this mess would get fixed in four years. Thus my wish for a McCain win. I knew the right (especially the rabid right) would blame Obama for this mess.

And if you want Reb - mark this post because I'll go on record. This will not be fixed over the next four years either. I think by the end of Obamas' second term, or Romeny's first, there MIGHT be some light at the end of the tunnel. I'm thinking 2018 or even longer depending on the European economies....Yes, it was THAT bad....

Partisan hackery? When the driver wants support to drive the car off the cliff and I'm in it, you bet your ass I'm going to oppose anything the driver will suggest to achieve his goal.

This is one reason why I usually fall on the side of the Dems because of the way the rabid right treated Clinton.

funny you say that. I'm 32, born in 1979, and the main reason I am a Democrat is because at a young age I watched the GOP treat Clinton like a rag doll. I never felt like he really did anything worthy of the incoming BS he received. Thus today, I have a hard time taking Republicans seriously. It all goes back to Clinton's treatment.

Do you need a kleenex? Dems and the media treated Bush 10x worse. Somehow, that didn't push the pendulum of your political allegiance back.

Dems and the media treated Bush 10x worse.

Bush was, well Bush league. He's not exactly the brain trust of greatness. Bush II lost me with Iraq, that was a huge mistake.

I always listen to that Republicans say/ I just happen to not support the majority of what they stand for. Its become a lot worse over the past few years.

Dems and the media treated Bush 10x worse.

Bush was, well Bush league. He's not exactly the brain trust of greatness. Bush II lost me with Iraq, that was a huge mistake.

I always listen to that Republicans say/ I just happen to not support the majority of what they stand for. Its become a lot worse over the past few years.

So your original point was somewhat disingenuous. It's not about how anybody was treated. It's about your politics. Next time, don't sell us a superficial sob story.

yes they did.

Fighting two wars

Really, THAT bad. Far worse than the Great Depression then I guess.

Fat chance.

Forum List

Back