Defense Secretary 'Looking' at Banning Tobacco.....

wow, that sucks, I used to make money reselling smokes and alcohol to the locals

Not a lot, but enough to get me through a weekend.

of drinking, no strip clubbing

I used to give away so much money to strippers I ended up marrying one and just gave all my money to her...

Second hand smoke may stink, but yet another study debunks the cancer issue | JunkScience.com

The second hand smoke thing has been debunked. My wife smoked for 52 years and I smoked for 16. It is not illegal to smoke even though doggooders have made it impossible to find a place to smoke and it is interesting that laws are being passed to make pot legal, which pot is ten times more dangerous to your lungs than cigs.

If you don't want cigs at the px fine. But if someone wants to go to the seven eleven, buy a pack and then go outside and smoke stop persecuting them. The problem with cigs costing a billion dollars in healthcare costs is that people who smoke a lot probably drink a lot or eat a lot or don't exercise a lot and therefore cigs can't be blamed solely for the health problems. Technically there are way more healthcare costs associated with being fat than smoking but attacking that problem is not PC. Stop making smokers pariahs.

Can't Hagel find money savings in the in the enormous waste in procurement instead of hating on the troops?

Everybody smoked when I was in.

And if any of the non smokers complained about the stink, they were told to go outside.

When I was in it was 18 cents a pack, in the morning the smoking lamp was lite. and during boots they gave out smokes during breaks

Fart Hood , TX. 1986, no drinking while in uniform...no stopping after duty except a grocery store...

Was that a local policy, I was in the recruiting command then and never go those directives.

Yes, too many soldiers getting off duty and hitting the local Korean bar for draw beer at 50 cents a glass...

You see the commanders are making the rules, not the leftist or Oblama....

This is not local commanders, this is being pushed DOD wide which is your dear leader and his SOD. 5 Commiecrat senators sent a letter to the Sec. of the Navy also pushing it.

Everybody smoked when I was in.

And if any of the non smokers complained about the stink, they were told to go outside.

When I was in it was 18 cents a pack, in the morning the smoking lamp was lite. and during boots they gave out smokes during breaks

In 1969 they came in C-rations, I don't know how many 5 packs I traded for.

Defense Secretary 'Looking' at Banning Tobacco Sales at Military Installations

And what are they using to justify telling adults how to live their lives, you got it, healthcare cost. And so it begins, if the left succeeds at this how long do you think it will bleed into government control over your decisions that might have healthcare cost associated with them?

From the link:

" Hagel said that the financial and human costs of tobacco use need to be taken into account. The secretary said that dealing with tobacco-related health issues costs the Defense Department more than a billion dollars a year.

“Now the dollars are one thing. But the health of your people — I don’t know if you put a price tag on that. So I think it does need to be looked at and reviewed,” Hagel said."

Defense Secretary 'Looking' at Banning Tobacco Sales at Military Installations | The Weekly Standard

Your thoughts.

When you join the military, you voluntarily "sign the papers" and they have full control of your ass. Of course the greatest fighting force on the planet wants to make sure their members are in top physical condition and health! When us "young, dumb, and full of ---" kids and young adults joined, we felt invincible and that a few smokes wouldn't harm us. We were wrong in the long term.

It's not like they barred people from purchasing the cigarettes off base. They may eventually ban smoking on base, but i don't see them prohibiting people from doing it off base.

Forum List

Back