Deer season's coming soon

7bmxh7.jpg

This is the first year in MI you have to report your deer online within 72 hours of shooting it. Never before did the DNR know so much about when exactly deer are taken. And where.

So it turns out most deer are shot on opening day. I think they said 45,000 deer on opening day. More than the last 9 days combined.

Let's say there is 18 hours of light on opening day. That's 2500 deer shot an hour. 42 deer every minute. Michigan alone.

People have already called you out on your outlandish claim of 18 hours of daylight during the winter, but let's talk about the other glaring error in your post............................

Opening day is the first day of hunting season, meaning it's the first day you can LEGALLY shoot and kill a deer for hunting purposes. OF COURSE there's gonna be more deer shot on opening day than the previous 9 days combined. Those who were shooting deer prior to opening day were poaching and hunting illegally. I highly doubt that a person who was hunting illegally is going to report their kills to the DNR.

Not only do you not understand how daylight works on the planet, you also appear to not know about the rules for hunting.

People have already called you out on your outlandish claim of 18 hours of daylight during the winter, but let's talk about the other glaring error in your post............................

Opening day is the first day of hunting season, meaning it's the first day you can LEGALLY shoot and kill a deer for hunting purposes. OF COURSE there's gonna be more deer shot on opening day than the previous 9 days combined. Those who were shooting deer prior to opening day were poaching and hunting illegally. I highly doubt that a person who was hunting illegally is going to report their kills to the DNR.

Not only do you not understand how daylight works on the planet, you also appear to not know about the rules for hunting.
I said more than the last 9 days of firearm. More deer shot on opening day than the last 9 days of firearm season combined.

And you forget bow season. They weren't talking about bow season which starts on October 1st to November 24th. I hunt starting October 1.

Still, the vast majority of deer are shot on November 15th. Now we know.

Why are you making an argument about this? Ok there aren't 18 hours of daylight. Excuuuusee me.

I said more than the last 9 days of firearm. More deer shot on opening day than the last 9 days of firearm season combined.

And you forget bow season. They weren't talking about bow season which starts on October 1st to November 24th. I hunt starting October 1.

Still, the vast majority of deer are shot on November 15th. Now we know.

Why are you making an argument about this? Ok there aren't 18 hours of daylight. Excuuuusee me.

I quoted your post when I replied to it, and the only thing you said was "opening day", no other seasons were specified. But, nice backtracking to try to cover up your obvious errors. Still don't believe that you know anything about hunting, since you appear to know squat about daylight and how long it is (which incidentally, is pretty important when it comes to hunting, as most places only allow you to hunt 30 min before and 30 min after the sun rises or sets).

...on the first day of firearm I kilt a big ole buck deer...

And a doe that was running too slow...
I make so many mistakes every year. Some hunts just go right and if you go out enough, even a broken clock is right 2 times a day. So I got a doe this year. But I went out on bow season and walked my dog on the property and I chased away 2 big buck that would have been there opening day had I not ran them off on October 5th or Nov 13th.

Next year, I'm hunting state land local for bow season. And only go up north to the property on opening day. It seems like the best day to go. And finally you can use a gun that can travel farther than a bolt. I have a 450 bushmaster. It goes pretty far. It was built for MI. Great gun.

I quoted your post when I replied to it, and the only thing you said was "opening day", no other seasons were specified. But, nice backtracking to try to cover up your obvious errors. Still don't believe that you know anything about hunting, since you appear to know squat about daylight and how long it is (which incidentally, is pretty important when it comes to hunting, as most places only allow you to hunt 30 min before and 30 min after the sun rises or sets).
You're crazy. I know about sun down. I go out at 4pm or 3pm sometimes even 2pm and I sit and wait and wait and wait. I know that official sun down is not when we stop hunting even though you're supposed to stop at the official sundown time, but fuck that. I can still see for sometimes 40 minutes past the official sundown. And that's when they come out. Plus if I'm using my crossbow no DNR will hear the shot when it's past the official sundown.

Sundown today is 6:11 here in MI. I bet it's still light out at 6:45.

Anyways, I didn't think it would cause such a comotion when I initially threw out the number, what did I say 16? 18? Whatever! Move on! Now you can talk about how I misspelled commotion.

Forum List

Back