Deer season's coming soon

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
1665527102249.png

There are some days I wish me and my buddies had mortars. Have a forward observer (nature photographer, because deer love having their pictures taken), calling in strikes, and we'd just lay hellfire down in that section of woods. That's the only way I think we'd all get something.

Just remember ... too much napalm ruins the meat.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is the first year in MI you have to report your deer online within 72 hours of shooting it. Never before did the DNR know so much about when exactly deer are taken. And where.

So it turns out most deer are shot on opening day. I think they said 45,000 deer on opening day. More than the last 9 days combined.

Let's say there is 18 hours of light on opening day. That's 2500 deer shot an hour. 42 deer every minute. Michigan alone.

This is the first year in MI you have to report your deer online within 72 hours of shooting it. Never before did the DNR know so much about when exactly deer are taken. And where.

So it turns out most deer are shot on opening day. I think they said 45,000 deer on opening day. More than the last 9 days combined.

Let's say there is 18 hours of light on opening day. That's 2500 deer shot an hour. 42 deer every minute. Michigan alone.
Where is there 18 hours of light per day in the dead of winter? No wonder we all laugh at you.

Where is there 18 hours of light per day in the dead of winter? No wonder we all laugh at you.

How long is the longest day in Michigan?

16.3 hours long

The longest day of the year in Michigan City is 16.3 hours long and occurs on the summer solstice - June 21st.

I just threw out a number. What number would you have liked? Is the right number 12? Sun comes up at 6am in the summer and goes down at 9pm. That's 15. God I love summer. Get off work at 5pm and still have time to go chill on the boat till 10pm or even longer because we have a restaurant on the lake and my boat has lights.

Can't wait for daylight savings time to spring forward.

I just threw out a number. What number would you have liked? Is the right number 12? Sun comes up at 6am in the summer and goes down at 9pm. That's 15. God I love summer. Get off work at 5pm and still have time to go chill on the boat till 10pm or even longer because we have a restaurant on the lake and my boat has lights.

Can't wait for daylight savings time to spring forward.
It's not summer you babbling pos.

How long is the longest day in Michigan?

16.3 hours long

The longest day of the year in Michigan City is 16.3 hours long and occurs on the summer solstice - June 21st.
It's winter you babbling pos.

It's winter you babbling pos.
Boy you guys think this 16 hours of daylight is such a gotcha.

Well your number makes how many deer are shot on opening day even more impressive. Let's say there are only 10 hours of daylight on opening day. 45,000 deer shot. That's 75 deer shot every minute.

Boy you guys think this 16 hours of daylight is such a gotcha.

Well your number makes how many deer are shot on opening day even more impressive. Let's say there are only 10 hours of daylight on opening day. 45,000 deer shot. That's 75 deer shot every minute.
It's still winter you babbling pos.

Forum List

Back