Daytona 2012 Thread

You must not pay close attention. Earndhart was the worst with not knowing when the mic was open. I miss him and Gordon going at it
That was not knowing when there was a hot mic in the neighborhood...Also, he and Gordon were competitors out on the track.

Sainte Danica is a complete front-and-center drama queen head case.

I haven't noticed that. Although I haven't followed racing as close in recent years. Watched her in several interviews in the last couple days and she appeared humble to me. Time will tell though as she has a camera shoved in her face constantly now with the switch to full time NASCAR.

Everyone called Gordon a drama queen when he started too. I think it has more to do with being a rookie and setting expectations to high.
I've seen her prima donna crapola in Indy Car for years...Not the least of which was the aforementioned instance, when she threw her entire crew overboard after a less-than-desirable Indy qualifying run.

You want humble?...Think Sarah Fisher and Katherine Legge.

That was not knowing when there was a hot mic in the neighborhood...Also, he and Gordon were competitors out on the track.

I haven't noticed that. Although I haven't followed racing as close in recent years. Watched her in several interviews in the last couple days and she appeared humble to me. Time will tell though as she has a camera shoved in her face constantly now with the switch to full time NASCAR.

Everyone called Gordon a drama queen when he started too. I think it has more to do with being a rookie and setting expectations to high.
I've seen her prima donna crapola in Indy Car for years...Not the least of which was the aforementioned instance, when she threw her entire crew overboard after a less-than-desirable Indy qualifying run.

Ahh, well I've never really watched Indy races. Seen a couple at the track but not much beyond that.

I don't expect we will see any of that since Tony Stewart is her boss and car owner. He won't put up with that.

I'll take your word for this; you seem to know auto racing. I'm more of a casual fan. Last driver I really liked was Earnhardt SR. Could the race be continued from today?

sweet-daddy-dee.jpg

Here dey go into a left turrrrrn!...Into another left turrrrn!...Into another left turrrrrn!....OMG, I wonder what's gonna happen next! :D

I'll take a pass t5hx.

I just watch the wrecks on video...

I wouldn't have thought that the Andrettis would have put up with it for as long as they did.
In other words, Patrick means $$$$, so the team owners put up with cr*p they normally would not have. I have a friend who likes Jeff Gordon; I admire Earnhardt Jr. for even racing, if his family does not oppose it. I guess I need to look at other favorites, for a few years it was Gordon. If Patrick takes her defeats like a woman, I'll still prefer her.*
*I was 15 years old before I heard someone I knew used the phrase "She wouldn't face me like a woman".

I see her as quite a driver for a girl. Better then me for sure. Shes got some serious balls and she's really cute. Playboy is a must on her to do list. I think she will fair better as a center fold than as a winning driver. She is cool though.

I see her as quite a driver for a girl. Better then me for sure. Shes got some serious balls and she's really cute. Playboy is a must on her to do list. I think she will fair better as a center fold than as a winning driver. She is cool though.

Centerfolds are required to have boobs.

Holy shit, did you guys see Montoya hit the back of the truck with the jet dryer behind it under caution?

Biggest fire ball I've ever seen in a race crash. Burned solid for close to 10 minutes. The back half of the truck melted from the fire.

Last edited:
Holy shit, did you guys see Montoya hit the back of the truck with the jet dryer behind it under caution?

Biggest fire ball I've ever seen in a race crash. Burned solid for close to 10 minutes. The back half of the truck melted from the fire.
"for a girl". Question for serious race followers, Could Patrick have avoided the crash in the 2nd lap? With the red flag over half, will they call it for good?

"for a girl". Question for serious race followers, Could Patrick have avoided the crash in the 2nd lap? With the red flag over half, will they call it for good?

From what I saw she did nothing wrong. Accidents are part of racing. Especially when your that close together at 200 mph. Remember these cars don't have brake lights to signal a slow down.

And yes. Any race is official after half way if it can't be concluded. I don't know what temperature jet fuel burns at but if I were to guess I would think the track has taken structural damage from the constant heat.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPRTD4Qj6lM&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Juan Montoya Crashes Into Safety Truck! Jet Fuel Everywhere! 2012 Daytona 500 - YouTube[/ame]

It will be interesting to see how the track acts after that much heat was applied to the surface.

The title of this years race needs to be the Never Ending Daytona 500.

Forum List

Back