Daring rescue of whale off Farallones

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Humpback nuzzled her saviors in thanks after they untangled her from crab lines, diver says
Peter Fimrite, Chronicle Staff Writer, Wednesday, December 14, 2005

628x471.jpg

When the whale realized it was free, it began swimming around in circles, according to the rescuers. Moskito said it swam to each diver, nuzzled him and then swam to the next one.

"It seemed kind of affectionate, like a dog that's happy to see you," Moskito said. "I never felt threatened. It was an amazing, unbelievable experience."

It's really nice to read about fishermen and conservationists working together. I've seen the migrations when I was a kid, fishing with my stepfather off Palos Verdes and it was awesome. Nice story that I hope you'll enjoy. @ Daring rescue of whale off Farallones / Humpback nuzzled her saviors in thanks after they untangled her from crab lines, diver says - SFGate

Humpback nuzzled her saviors in thanks after they untangled her from crab lines, diver says
Peter Fimrite, Chronicle Staff Writer, Wednesday, December 14, 2005

628x471.jpg

When the whale realized it was free, it began swimming around in circles, according to the rescuers. Moskito said it swam to each diver, nuzzled him and then swam to the next one.

"It seemed kind of affectionate, like a dog that's happy to see you," Moskito said. "I never felt threatened. It was an amazing, unbelievable experience."
It's really nice to read about fishermen and conservationists working together. I've seen the migrations when I was a kid, fishing with my stepfather off Palos Verdes and it was awesome. Nice story that I hope you'll enjoy. @ Daring rescue of whale off Farallones / Humpback nuzzled her saviors in thanks after they untangled her from crab lines, diver says - SFGate

Very heartwarming thanks given by the gentle giant. :thup:

Forum List

Back