Damar Hamlin captured the heart of America like one before him.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I was one of the tens of millions of Americans who watched a young man at the pinnacle of youth and strength literally die in real-time. We watched some of the toughest men in America crying and praying for Damar as the medical team furiously pumped his chest for 9 excruciating minutes. Like millions of Americans I had trouble sleeping that night worrying that I was going to wake up and find out this young man had died.

But he didn't.

With every day the news got better. And with every day we learned more about this remarkable young man and the work he does with Pittsburgh youth and why he is so dear to his teammates and everyone who knows him. He had a difficult childhood with a troubled home but as we learned, Damar believes his upbringing molded him into the man he is today. He remains very close with his family.

It isn't clear whether football is in his future given what happened, but one thing is certain. He has become a figure that transcends sports. He very quickly became a national icon for hope and it is my hope that he continues to be a positive force in America. He united us all through a horrifying event and I hope he stays in the public spotlight continuing his great work his message of love and unity. We need Damar Hamlin to be that guy.

I was one of the tens of millions of Americans who watched a young man at the pinnacle of youth and strength literally die in real-time. We watched some of the toughest men in America crying and praying for Damar as the medical team furiously pumped his chest for 9 excruciating minutes. Like millions of Americans I had trouble sleeping that night worrying that I was going to wake up and find out this young man had died.

But he didn't.

With every day the news got better. And with every day we learned more about this remarkable young man and the work he does with Pittsburgh youth and why he is so dear to his teammates and everyone who knows him. He had a difficult childhood with a troubled home but as we learned, Damar believes his upbringing molded him into the man he is today. He remains very close with his family.

It isn't clear whether football is in his future given what happened, but one thing is certain. He has become a figure that transcends sports. He very quickly became a national icon for hope and it is my hope that he continues to be a positive force in America. He united us all through a horrifying event and I hope he stays in the public spotlight continuing his great work his message of love and unity. We need Damar Hamlin to be that guy.
He just did that to get attention!

But he didn't.

With every day the news got better. And with every day we learned more about this remarkable young man and the work he does with Pittsburgh youth and why he is so dear to his teammates and everyone who knows him. He had a difficult childhood with a troubled home but as we learned, Damar believes his upbringing molded him into the man he is todaay. He remains very close with his family.

so after you prayed for him, he tweets out, "OMFG"
ya ok

Forum List

Back