DailyKOS Writers Leave Over Hillary Bashing

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
DailyKos Writers Leave Over Hillary Bashing

Daily Kos is one of my favorite sites because of the abundance of instant replies you get to questions. But I treat the thing as a journalist on the hunt for news and many of the resident ranters on the site see it as a completely different tool; their opinions are voiced with such a vehemence that it feels as if there’s no difference between them and the site.

Daily Kos, which was started out of protest against the war in Iraq, is now suffering the consequences of being this outspoken. Various contributing bloggers have called it quits due to what they see as the blog’s increasingly negative treatment of Hillary Clinton. The exodus was triggered by Alegre, a blogger of four years who announced he took a break from writing blog posts in support of Hillary Clinton because “administrators allow the more disruptive members of our community to trash Hillary Clinton and distort her record without any fear of consequence or retribution”.

Alegre complained that the Hillary trashing was carried out by a handful of spiteful folks who managed to dominate the front page. Citing ‘unfair writing conditions’ at DailyKos, Alegre walked out and took various others with him. He said he’d be back if the shouting matches would end. But that’s unlikely to happen.

The Moderate Voice, the voter analysis publication, commented on the exodus saying that “This might seem to be a provincial conflict, but it is highly significant. In political terms, it underscores the raw, angry and bitter rivalry between supporters of Obama and Clinton.”

The Daily Kos’ bias towards Senator Obama and against Senator Clinton is, in other words, a microcosm of what’s happening in the real world. Daily Kos’s owner has not made any claims to being unbiased, something that people might have expected. Originally launched as a platform for people to speak out against the War on Terror, Daily Kos members tended to agree with each other. The things that happened on the site were quite spectacular, perhaps because the main issue was clear cut.

more ... http://blog.reportwitters.com/2008/03/17/dailykos-writers-leave-over-hillary-bashing/

The extreme left will turn even on their own. That's right geniuses, go ahead and split your party in half.

The extreme left will turn even on their own. That's right geniuses, go ahead and split your party in half.

LMFAO...if the left disagrees with the left its "turning on its own", if they don't disagree with the left its "blind partisanship".

Remind me how independent you are Gunny? :rofl:

LMFAO...if the left disagrees with the left its "turning on its own", if they don't disagree with the left its "blind partisanship".

Remind me how independent you are Gunny? :rofl:

Only you could come up something as dishonest, not to mention retarded, as that response.

You take two, completely separate statements out of context and twist them to suit your bullshit.

Try addressing the post with even a smattering of that intelligence you claim to have instead of just proving yourself a dishonest chump.

Only you could come up something as dishonest, not to mention retarded, as that response.

Stunning argument.

You take two, completely separate statements out of context and twist them to suit your bullshit.

Yes they are two completely separate statements. Even you aren't stupid enough to contradict yourself in the same paragraph. You are a hypocrite, but you hide it decently well. Care to explain how its out of context ?

Try addressing the post with even a smattering of that intelligence you claim to have instead of just proving yourself a dishonest dumbass.

The post was just you jerking off to internal strife among the left. No, theres nothing to address there.

Oh and tsk tsk, bashing Gunny? I recall you yelling at me for that a little bit ago. You wouldn't break your own rules would you? Naaaah, never.

Stunning argument.

Yes they are two completely separate statements. Even you aren't stupid enough to contradict yourself in the same paragraph. You are a hypocrite, but you hide it decently well. Care to explain how its out of context ?

The post was just you jerking off to internal strife among the left. No, theres nothing to address there.

Oh and tsk tsk, bashing Gunny? I recall you yelling at me for that a little bit ago. You wouldn't break your own rules would you? Naaaah, never.

Nothign wrong with my argument. The facts are in the first post. Disprove them instead of this continual game of deflection and dishonesty.

And no, I'm not going to go down your little dishonest, literalist, bullshit road of deflection explaining the obvious. Your dishonest attempt to claim the two are related within any context I have used them is exposed. Simple as that.

The fact is there is a rift in the Democrat party. I pointed it out. Wipe your tears and get over it.

Nothign wrong with my argument. The facts are in the first post. Disprove them instead of this continual game of deflection and dishonesty.

What exactly am I supposed to be disproving? I haven't disagreed with the facts, merely pointed out that your a hypocrite. I'm not deflecting anything, dumbass, there is nothing to deflect from.

And no, I'm not going to go down your little dishonest, literalist, bullshit road of deflection explaining the obvious. Your dishonest attempt to claim the two are related within any context I have used them is exposed. Simple as that.

LMAO...yes its "exposed"...why do we know its exposed? Cause Gunny said so! Get off of your high horse you pompous ass. I asked how I said they were out of context, and you didn't care to anwser. So no you haven't exposed anything except what a fraud you are.

The fact is there is a rift in the Democrat party. I pointed it out. Wipe your tears and get over it.

Wow, really? Wait you mean Obama and Hillary are running neck and neck and there is a division in the party?

Thanks for opening my eyes to that clever analysis Gunny. I'm surprised you aren't a political commentator or something. I'm not crying over it, I actually think as long as it doesn't go too far its good for the party. People actually care enough about their candidates to go all out for them. Not quite the same for old horse McCain now is it? Oh wait, but you wouldn't care cause your an "independent".

Self righteous libs have no problem excoriating their own. Hell, they openly bash poor old Bill now and accuse him of being senile after he brought them their version of camelot in the 90's. They'll do the same to Obama in a few years if he somehow manages to win the presidency.

Self righteous libs have no problem excoriating their own. Hell, they openly bash poor old Bill now and accuse him of being senile after he brought them their version of camelot in the 90's. They'll do the same to Obama in a few years if he somehow manages to win the presidency.

I know...the right would never attack one of their own...I mean the right has always loved John McCain.

Heh. DK is a fun site if you take it with a grain of salt. It is really good for smoking out folks in opposition to the more conservative ideas.

Overall, whoever is the most radical left wing is who the site tends to support.

And, all parties eat thier own.

You are the first Democrat to actually admit that to me. Kudos

Why would anyone think we are unified? Even without the obvious differences between Hillary and Obama, the left and the Democratic party is very very diverse. Its not exactly anything near enough to tear the party apart, but there are definitely differences in the party, and in the left as a movement.

Yup like kicking out a party member that 4 years before was the Vice Presidential running mate.

I'm sorry, how did the Democratic party kick him out?

Oh right he lost a primary and so withdrew voluntarily from the party. Right.

Oh, and who is he supporting now? Gee, I wonder why the DNC withdrew their support from Lierberman :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, how did the Democratic party kick him out?

Oh right he lost a primary and so withdrew voluntarily from the party. Right.

Oh, and who is he supporting now? Gee, I wonder why the DNC withdrew their support from Lierberman :rolleyes:

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid. The DNC withdrew support for a sitting senior Senator, That is essentially, kicking him out.

Forum List

Back