Daily Kos writer freaks:Obamacare will double my monthly premium according to Kaiser

Uh, I posted a week ago that my premiums will go up 120%.

You may also quote me on that.

Did they send you a letter saying that your rates would go up? Our insurance has open enrollment month at the end of October and I'm anxious to see if our rates are also going up and by how much.

I received a packet from my current health insurance provider. It contained details of an ACA compliant policy that mostly resembles my current coverage. It then directed me to the Tables page to determine premiums based on age. When I added the premiums for the three of us, they totaled 120% of what I am now paying.

Simple as that.
[MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION]

Last edited:
My wish is that the dimocrats who voted this clown in get to pay the increased premium and not folks like me who didnt
lesson learnt be carefull what you wish for

The 47%'ers are primarily low-income individuals and families. Those who will pay the lowest of premiums due to subsidies.

Uh, I posted a week ago that my premiums will go up 120%.

You may also quote me on that.

Did they send you a letter saying that your rates would go up? Our insurance has open enrollment month at the end of October and I'm anxious to see if our rates are also going up and by how much.

I received a packet from my current health insurance provider. It contained details of an ACA compliant policy that mostly resembles my current coverage. It then directed me to the Tables page to determine premiums based on age. When I added the premiums for the three of us, they totaled 120% of what I am now paying.

Simple as that.
[MENTION=13669]Zoom-boing[/MENTION]

Thanks for that info, Mr. H. Do you purchase your insurance independently or is it through the company you work for?

My brother has an individual policy (not through work) that he pays for and he got a letter stating his policy was cancelled at the end of the year but hasn't received any other info yet.

I have no choice but to try and keep my premiums where they are - already high.
In order to do this, I'll have to take on an ACA policy with very hefty deductibles.

As I've stated before, when (if) the tens of millions of people shopping for insurance ever get through to healthcare.gov most will be in for the surprise of their lives.

Forum List

Back