Daily Kos writer freaks:Obamacare will double my monthly premium according to Kaiser

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Well, the truth is out there and even dyed in the wool left wingers are finding out how painful this is going to be for them.

All I can say is "we warned you".

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150.

We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

Daily Kos: Obamacare will double my monthly premium (according to Kaiser)

Last edited:
Uh, I posted a week ago that my premiums will go up 120%.

You may also quote me on that.

I shall.:eusa_angel:

But truly, you knew you'd be screwed because you are intelligent and saw the writing on the wall.

These progressives are truly shocked.

Tens of thousands signed up, tens of millions to go.

This will eventually be exposed for what it truly is.

A nightmare. Just a nightmare. They can't even get it off the ground and these are the people who will be administering this insane program.

Aye carumba! I'm stumbling trying to find the words.

:mad:

Well, the truth is out there and even dyed in the wool left wingers are finding out how painful this is going to be for them.

My wife and I just got our updates from Kaiser telling us what our 2014 rates will be. Her monthly has been $168 this year, mine $150.

We have a high deductible. We are generally healthy people who don't go to the doctor often. I barely ever go. The insurance is in case of a major catastrophe.

Well, now, because of Obamacare, my wife's rate is gong to $302 per month and mine is jumping to $284.

I am canceling insurance for us and I am not paying any fucking penalty. What the hell kind of reform is this?

Oh, ok, if we qualify, we can get some government assistance. Great. So now I have to jump through another hoop to just chisel some of this off. And we don't qualify, anyway, so what's the point?

I never felt too good about how this was passed and what it entailed, but I figured if it saved Americans money, I could go along with it.

I don't know what to think now. This appears, in my experience, to not be a reform for the people.

Good

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."
- Abraham Lincoln

yes all parts of the law should be enforced equally no exceptions

no ability to write an Xo

that is what the house should be requesting

Increased healthcare prices? C'mon it must be in the fine print somewhere because I distinctly recall Obama telling folks they'd be paying $2500 less a year under BarryCare, keep their same doctors, etc. so it's gotta be amongst those hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages of the bill that no Dimocrats who voted for it read. But I think that's because Nancy P. told them to vote first, read...well, whenever if you feel like it.

As the song goes. It's only the beginning...

If the impact of this Obamanation were limited to only those who supported it, I'd call it Karma.

Tens of thousands signed up, tens of millions to go.

This will eventually be exposed for what it truly is.

I'm afraid you may be giving the MSM too much credit for honest reporting.

But I'd love to be proven wrong.

My wish is that the dimocrats who voted this clown in get to pay the increased premium and not folks like me who didnt
lesson learnt be carefull what you wish for

I shall.:eusa_angel:

But truly, you knew you'd be screwed because you are intelligent and saw the writing on the wall.

These progressives are truly shocked.

This man sees the writing on the wall, and it is in bold letteres:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNTuIxLXAo8]Ben Carson: Obamacare "worst thing" since slavery - YouTube[/ame]

Did they send you a letter saying that your rates would go up? Our insurance has open enrollment month at the end of October and I'm anxious to see if our rates are also going up and by how much.

Forum List

Back