DACA Illegals Eligible for Gov't Benefits

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
Conservative radio talk show host Laura Ingraham claimed Tuesday that Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), the Obama-era immigration program, grants recipients access to federal benefits.

Verdict: True

DACA recipients can participate in Social Security and Medicare, and lower income DACA recipients may claim a major tax credit. They are still ineligible, however, for most forms of welfare including food stamps and Medicaid.

Fact Check:

Since the Obama administration created DACA in 2012, nearly 800,000 illegal immigrants under the age of 31 have received a two-year delay on deportation action and the ability to work legally in the U.S.

Amid days of speculation that President Donald Trump would rescind the program, Ingraham claimed on Twitter that, in addition to work permits, DACA provides recipients with access to federal benefits.

Illegal immigrants are ineligible for [URL='https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33809.pdf']most public benefits according to federal law, including means-tested programs like Medicaid, food stamps and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Notable exceptions include emergency medical care and federal disaster relief.[/URL]

But DACA allows recipients to apply for social security numbers, which are required to claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), a major tax benefit for lower-income earners. The program allows recipients to participate in Social Security and Medicare as well, but they generally cannot receive benefits until retirement age.

Generally speaking, DACA recipients are still ineligible for many forms of public assistance. Nonetheless, the program does expand access to some federal benefits.

The cretino racista Demócratas are destroying America’s democracy with their mass illegal immigration and mass voter fraud.

They should be grandfathered in. Made citizens as long as they are law abiding.

Illegal immigration separate families. The Dreamers were brought here illegally by the parents so lets make the parents pay for their education, etc and for bringing them here. They were brought to a country not knowing the language and culture and torn away from their immediate family members like grand parents, etc. I am sick to me stomach hearing the excuse that they are in the only country they have ever know. They still have their culture by way of their parents who many have not learned English. Worst part of this act is it encourages more illegal immigration. Deporting them and they parents will bring families together again. Not racist to want our laws enforced. I got a ticket for jay walking. What would I get if I crossed the border to another country? When the going get rough the rough get going. There are kids living in this country under dangerous environment. Like Chicago, ect. I am Native American and some of my people were brought here in chains by some of my people..Not about race.

Law abiding people do not break the law. "The sins of the fathers are visited on the children...to the third and fourth generation." Numbers 14;18

Law abiding people do not break the law. "The sins of the fathers are visited on the children...to the third and fourth generation." Numbers 14;18
The bible is horseshit and not the basis for how we run our country. How does it make you feel to banish innocents from their homes, you fake ass Christian?

The bible is horseshit and not the basis for how we run our country. How does it make you feel to banish innocents from their homes, you fake ass Christian?
How does it feel to violate the rule of law, to require SOME to comply with the law, and others to avoid it?

If you don't like the law, change it - but you can't ignore it.

Forum List

Back