Cyntoia Brown is to be granted clemency and freed after 15 years in prison. Does she deserve it?

imisslily

Sep 11, 2018
Cyntoia Brown - Story of a woman accused of murdering her pimp and being jailed for life
I am actually happy for her! I do not believe she should have spent a single day in prison, let alone 15 years. Yes she took another persons life, but it was justified in my opinion, as she was traumatized and abused by her pimp, and its highly likely she was defending herself and feared for her life.
Nothing can take away the pain Cyntoia has felt, nor give her back her 15 years, but releasing her is a step towards justice!
190104111659-cyntoia-brown-me-facing-life-card-medium-plus-169.jpg

"Cyntoia Denise Brown, a woman serving a life sentence for killing a man who bought her for sex when she was 16 years old, has been granted clemency, the Tennessee governor's office said Monday.
Brown, 30, will be released to parole supervision on August 7 after serving 15 years in prison, Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's office said in a statement.
"This decision comes after careful consideration of what is a tragic and complex case," Haslam said."

Cyntoia Brown - Story of a woman accused of murdering her pimp and being jailed for life
I am actually happy for her! I do not believe she should have spent a single day in prison, let alone 15 years. Yes she took another persons life, but it was justified in my opinion, as she was traumatized and abused by her pimp, and its highly likely she was defending herself and feared for her life.
Nothing can take away the pain Cyntoia has felt, nor give her back her 15 years, but releasing her is a step towards justice!

"Cyntoia Denise Brown, a woman serving a life sentence for killing a man who bought her for sex when she was 16 years old, has been granted clemency, the Tennessee governor's office said Monday.
Brown, 30, will be released to parole supervision on August 7 after serving 15 years in prison, Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's office said in a statement.
"This decision comes after careful consideration of what is a tragic and complex case," Haslam said."
She didn’t kill her pimp: she shot a John while he was asleep and then stole his wallet and car.

So I’m mixed. Her circumstances were horrible, and she was a juvenile, but how much does that mitigate pre-meditated murder?

Not true..as another poster already pointed out. She was a prostitute and picked up her john at a sonic. While he was sleeping she shot him in the back of the head, contact wound, and stole his wallet and truck. The coroners report said that he appears to have been asleep when murdered. She also stole two rifles from him which she was attempting to pawn.

This is a celebrity case. She wasnt freed because she was innocent. She admitted that she had committed murder and expressed regret saying "My life was leading me towards this bad thing".
When celebrities arent trying to foist a crazy bag lady on us as president they are freeing murderers and leading liberal stooges along in the destruction of civilization. They are not really humans.

Forum List

Back