Cyberspace and Jihad

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It's a problem:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1171894537514&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

More, links:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=24615_Jihad_and_Jew_Watch_on_YouTube&only

2. gabosaurus

gabosaurus Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    We use the internet for propaganda purposes, they use the internet for propaganda purposes.
    The beauty of the internet is that it allow everyone equal access to all points of view. It is up to the individual to process those points of view and decide how to react.
    What is one of the cardinal rules of warfare? "Know Your Enemy"
    Why would an allegedly free society want to restrict what their citizens see? That would make us like China or Saudi Arabia.

I read all points of view. I read U.S. media and foreign media. I read terrorist web sites. I read the Arab media. I want to know what they are thinking.

Anyone who believes someone is going to read a web site and suddenly decide to become a terrorist needs to go back to watching The Disney Channel.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    It's interesting though that You Tube is having no problem denying videos marked 'offensive' to Islam; but no problem carrying the 'offensive' propaganda snuff and recruitment vids.

Google routinely knocks out conservative sites from its lists for 'rules', but no such problem for sites like Kos or Huffington, that routinely have 'rules violations.' Go figure.