Culture, not guns. Sweden shows that criminals drive gun crime, not law abiding gun owners.

There should be a 30 year minimum for felons caught in possession of an illegal firearm...that is how you stop them from carrying guns. A life sentence if a criminal uses a gun for any sort of crime......

Couldn’t agree more. She should die in jail.
If you believe she intentionally murdered the victim for whatever reason you prefer then she should remain in prison for 30 years

but otherwise maybe not

A conviction by a jury of her peers has always been the standard. She was convicted.
Thats obvious

belief has nothing to do with it.
True

I suspect its a race issue with most liberals

That is so true

criminals are being released back on the street willy-nilly by liberal do-gooders and most of them go straight out and commit more crimes

there should be a mandatory 5-year term for illegal possession of a firearm whither its used in a crime or not

and a min 10 years if it is used to commit a felony

There should be a 30 year minimum for felons caught in possession of an illegal firearm...that is how you stop them from carrying guns. A life sentence if a criminal uses a gun for any sort of crime......

If you believe she intentionally murdered the victim for whatever reason you prefer then she should remain in prison for 30 years

but otherwise maybe not

If she intentionally murdered the guy she should get the death penalty.....notice, however, that candycorn can't show the Motive for claiming it was murder over manslaughter...... and the only reason she got murder instead was the guy was black and she was a police officer......

Again.....candycorn needs to show us the motive for the off duty police officer to have pre-meditatively killed that man.....still waiting.

Hold your breath.

she was convicted of murder and got a whopping 10 years.

why are you soft on crime?

If she murdered the guy, dumb ass, she should be executed.......I disagree with the politacally motivated sentence....

Again.....you fail to tell us...what was her motive for murdering the guy who lived in the apartment that was directly above or below her own and her statement she got off on the wrong floor...

Why did she murder the guy? That you refuse to answer that basic investigatory question shows the political nature of the prosecution and verdict.

This should be overturned, and reduced to manslaughter.

And since candycorn refuses to actually address the thread...anyone else want to discuss the actual topic?

but otherwise maybe not

A conviction by a jury of her peers has always been the standard. She was convicted.
Thats obvious

Okay, dipstick....let me give you a start....

Motivation for murder...example....the black guy stole her drugs or drug money, she went upstairs to get it, and murdered him when he refused......

That would be an example of Motive. Again...what was her motive to murder the guy who lived directly above or below her........please....let us know...so that we can know for sure that the Murder Conviction, was the right conviction, and not just a politically viable outcome for a police officer shooting a black guy......

but otherwise maybe not

If she intentionally murdered the guy she should get the death penalty.....notice, however, that candycorn can't show the Motive for claiming it was murder over manslaughter...... and the only reason she got murder instead was the guy was black and she was a police officer......

Again.....candycorn needs to show us the motive for the off duty police officer to have pre-meditatively killed that man.....still waiting.

Hold your breath.

If she murdered the guy, dumb ass, she should be executed.......I disagree with the politacally motivated sentence....

Again.....you fail to tell us...what was her motive for murdering the guy who lived in the apartment that was directly above or below her own and her statement she got off on the wrong floor...

Why did she murder the guy? That you refuse to answer that basic investigatory question shows the political nature of the prosecution and verdict.

She did murder a guy dumbass. She was convicted of it. You place less value on the life she took because he’s black which is why you want her to be released.

but otherwise maybe not

Thats obvious

True

most liberals don’t kid themselves...if the victim and murderer were reversed, the brother would be doing a life sentence

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

The sentence was inappropriate. She should be going away for life

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

She did murder a guy dumbass. She was convicted of it. You place less value on the life she took because he’s black which is why you want her to be released.

"She was convicted of it."

Because never in the history of our Republic has a jury ever gotten it wrong.... right?

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

For what?

Do you honestly think she intentionally sought this guy out and shot him just for kicks?

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

"She was convicted of it."

Because never in the history of our Republic has a jury ever gotten it wrong.... right?

That is why we have appeals.

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

For what?

Do you honestly think she intentionally sought this guy out and shot him just for kicks?

For murder...which she was convicted of.

Dunno. I do know she was convicted of murder. And, like the first post, I think she should go away for life because of it. Sorry...if you start this whole business of making excuses for people based on what you think their intent was...you have to do it across the board. Ready to do that for every gang banger?

“Officer...I thought it was my house. I lost my keys and had to break the window to get inside”.

Hold your breath.

For what?

Dunno. I do know she was convicted of murder. And, like the first post, I think she should go away for life because of it. Sorry...if you start this whole business of making excuses for people based on what you think their intent was...you have to do it across the board. Ready to do that for every gang banger?

“Officer...I thought it was my house. I lost my keys and had to break the window to get inside”.

"if you start this whole business of making excuses for people based on what you think their intent was"

Intent is a prerequisite in nearly every criminal proceeding. It is on that basis that the appropriate charges are determined. Forget the "conviction".

Murder
is an unjustified and intentional homicide. In order for a murder charge to even remotely make sense in this case you would need to prove that she specifically wanted to kill this man and deliberately sought him out to do so. Now call me crazy, but I'm guessing a friggin COP of all people has the knowledge, training, and foresight to set up a much more convincing scene than "oops, I went to the wrong apartment" if their intent was to murder someone and get away with it.

The position of the defense is far more plausible. It was late, she was tired and distracted by her phone and went to the wrong floor/door in a multi-unit apartment building where everything looks similar. I believe this because I've done it myself, as I'm sure thousands if not millions of others have done. You seriously cannot tell me a similar situation has never happened to you. Have you never walked out of Walmart to your vehicle... and then realized it's not your vehicle but one that looks almost exactly like it and yours is across the aisle?

So she starts to enter what she thinks is her apartment, sees someone inside, freaks out and fires. That is negligence, NOT murder. She did not go home that night with the intent to kill someone. A manslaughter charge is deserved, a murder charge is a complete mockery of the criminal justice system.

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

Not murder as non lawyers define the term

if mom is distracted by rowdy children and runs a red light which kills someone she is just a lousy driver, not a murderer

and that seems to be the case here

but otherwise maybe not

Thats obvious

True

most liberals don’t kid themselves...if the victim and murderer were reversed, the brother would be doing a life sentence
I seriously doubt that

The legal system is such a crap shoot with shyster lawyers and bleeding heart liberal judges nothing is certain

Hold your breath.

For what?

"if you start this whole business of making excuses for people based on what you think their intent was"

Intent is a prerequisite in nearly every criminal proceeding. It is on that basis that the appropriate charges are determined. Forget the "conviction".

Murder
is an unjustified and intentional homicide. In order for a murder charge to even remotely make sense in this case you would need to prove that she specifically wanted to kill this man and deliberately sought him out to do so. Now call me crazy, but I'm guessing a friggin COP of all people has the knowledge, training, and foresight to set up a much more convincing scene than "oops, I went to the wrong apartment" if their intent was to murder someone and get away with it.

The position of the defense is far more plausible. It was late, she was tired and distracted by her phone and went to the wrong floor/door in a multi-unit apartment building where everything looks similar. I believe this because I've done it myself, as I'm sure thousands if not millions of others have done. You seriously cannot tell me a similar situation has never happened to you. Have you never walked out of Walmart to your vehicle... and then realized it's not your vehicle but one that looks almost exactly like it and yours is across the aisle?

So she starts to enter what she thinks is her apartment, sees someone inside, freaks out and fires. That is negligence, NOT murder. She did not go home that night with the intent to kill someone. A manslaughter charge is deserved, a murder charge is a complete mockery of the criminal justice system.

The sad thing is if the prosecutor had charged her with B&E, she may have gotten a harsher sentence than she did for murder.

but otherwise maybe not

Hold your breath.

if mom is distracted by rowdy children and runs a red light which kills someone she is just a lousy driver, not a murderer

convicted of murder. In the eyes of the law, she’s a murderer.

For what?

Murder

The sad thing is if the prosecutor had charged her with B&E, she may have gotten a harsher sentence than she did for murder.

You are missing the point. The whole reason her sentence was "light" is because the murder charge was total bullshit to begin with. It's highly likely to get tossed on appeal.

Hold your breath.

And in the "eyes of the law" OJ was innocent. That didn't make it so now did it?

Are you deliberately being a moron or do you actually believe the shit you're posting?

Hold your breath.

You mean squinty-eyed fools in black robes

Hold your breath.

And in the "eyes of the law" OJ was innocent. That didn't make it so now did it?

Are you deliberately being a moron or do you actually believe the shit you're posting?

Do you feel that jury decisions should be thrown out due to the way you feel?

Forum List

Back