‘Crying in remorse as I chomped’: Woke eaters are giving up octopus

Tampa_Bay

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2022

On a rainy afternoon in April, Union Square Park was, as is often the case, home to a band of protesters. This time, the cause was not inequality or political oppression, it was a mollusk — an octopus to be precise. Protesters held signs reading “let’s stop this cruelty” and “#stopoctopusfarm” beneath images of the leggy creature.

Amidst rising demand for the tentacled delight, Spanish company Nueva Pescanova has announced that it will open the world’s first octopus farm in 2023. But the plan is mired in controversy with environmentalists, zoologists and animal lovers decrying that it would be a cruel practice. The creatures, who do poorly when confined, have been increasingly found to be intelligent and sentient.

“It’s a giant step backward with what we now know,’’ said Fleur Dawes, communications director for In Defense of Animals, the organization behind the Union Square rally. “Thousands of people have signed petitions trying to stop this farm, and we’ve received about 20,000 emails.”

1650717277216.png

So, now Woke diners are 'crying in remorse' about the cruelty of eating octopus. My God, is there any final bottom to the depth of stupidit and ignorance of the Woke mobs?

“I was so alarmed, I brought the package right up to customer service and asked them not to carry it,’’ she said.

My God, this is the stupidity level of Woke Democrats

On a rainy afternoon in April, Union Square Park was, as is often the case, home to a band of protesters. This time, the cause was not inequality or political oppression, it was a mollusk — an octopus to be precise. Protesters held signs reading “let’s stop this cruelty” and “#stopoctopusfarm” beneath images of the leggy creature.

Amidst rising demand for the tentacled delight, Spanish company Nueva Pescanova has announced that it will open the world’s first octopus farm in 2023. But the plan is mired in controversy with environmentalists, zoologists and animal lovers decrying that it would be a cruel practice. The creatures, who do poorly when confined, have been increasingly found to be intelligent and sentient.

“It’s a giant step backward with what we now know,’’ said Fleur Dawes, communications director for In Defense of Animals, the organization behind the Union Square rally. “Thousands of people have signed petitions trying to stop this farm, and we’ve received about 20,000 emails.”

View attachment 634970

So, now Woke diners are 'crying in remorse' about the cruelty of eating octopus. My God, is there any final bottom to the depth of stupidit and ignorance of the Woke mobs?
No one chomps octopus! It is so rubbery unless fried to a crisp yu can spend hours trying to eat one!

I wouldn't want to ban eating them, but I don't myself.
Octopus have been shown to be intelligent and more importantly - sentient.
I am not a fan of eating animals who are that smart and self aware.
But I don't condemn anyone else in the least,
Agreed

View attachment 634970

I just had an amazing grilled octopus at Ocean Grill in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.

1650915774127.png

Forum List

Back