'Cromnibus' Is a Big Win for the GOP

OKTexas

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2012
Near Magnolia, TX
The Cromnibus Funding Bill Is a Big Win for the GOP - US News

It includes no new funding for Obamacare. It prohibits the transfer or release of detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba into the United States, meaning no civilian trials. It blocks funding of the risk corridors that, under the Affordable Care Act, could lead to a government bailout of the insurance companies. It maintains all the existing pro-life policy and funding provisions and adds three more while cutting the funds for the Independent Payment Advisory Board (which is the body that would be recommending any rationing of health care) by $10 million.

Tell me again how this was a big loss for the GOP.

It was a good compromise.

Come January, hopefully Mr. McConnell and Co. will not squander their opportunity to force Democrats to go on record and VOTE.

A good amount of good ;) What else is good is it increases funding for science and r&d a little bit. SO it was a pretty good deal.

The fact that they reduced funding to the EPA and stopped their ditch rule is big. Then they reduced funding to the IRS to Bush levels, meaning no 16.000 new agents for maobamacare enforcement. And the icing on the cake is the reduced funding for the Independent Payment Advisory Board virtually stopping them from getting off the ground is really good.

It includes no new funding for Obamacare. It prohibits the transfer or release of detainees held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba into the United States, meaning no civilian trials. It blocks funding of the risk corridors that, under the Affordable Care Act, could lead to a government bailout of the insurance companies. It maintains all the existing pro-life policy and funding provisions and adds three more while cutting the funds for the Independent Payment Advisory Board (which is the body that would be recommending any rationing of health care) by $10 million.

Sorry I do not buy this story especially since Obama wanted this passed..

There is no way the far left Obama would have wanted this if it did not contain what he wanted in it.

Then again Pelosi and many on the far left said "NO" because they saw it as a republican bill..

Come January, hopefully Mr. McConnell and Co. will not squander their opportunity to force Democrats to go on record and VOTE.

Virtually all the bills that were passed by the house in this congress will be reintroduced and passed on to the senate again, where most if not all will get a vote.

Virtually all the bills that were passed by the house in this congress will be reintroduced and passed on to the senate again, where most if not all will get a vote.

It also seems that the nuclear option will stay in place throughout the next senate session..

There is no way the far left Obama would have wanted this if it did not contain what he wanted in it.

Then again Pelosi and many on the far left said "NO" because they saw it as a republican bill..

Then read the story and pick it apart using facts and not generalizations.

Some will disagree!

No one said it was perfect, but saying maobamacare was fully funded is a flat out lie, I just pointed out that the IRS isn't going to get its 16.000 new agents for enforcement and the Independent Payment Advisory Board got their funding cut to a level that will prevent them from getting off the ground. That board is the rationing body for maobamacare. So don't believe everything you see.

I forgot one important thing related to moabamacare, tax payers are no longer on the hook to bail out insurance companies who suffer loses under maobamacare.

Last edited:

Why? When the bill is what is question, need to pick apart the bill to see the claims being made in the article are fact or even the propaganda from the far left has any merit.

Are you or anyone else actually up for reading the bill?

I do not go for passing a bill without reading it, I do not care who submits it.

There is a lot of partisan spin on this bill, yet the fact Obama wanted this bill on his desk shows reason for concern for anyone that is not an Obamabot.

yet the fact Obama wanted this bill on his desk shows reason for concern for anyone that is not an Obamabot.

My 'guess' is he decided to get what he can while the Dem's still control the senate vs getting smacked around by the new congress on this.

Why? When the bill is what is question, need to pick apart the bill to see the claims being made in the article are fact or even the propaganda from the far left has any merit.

I do not go for passing a bill without reading it, I do not care who submits it.

There is a lot of partisan spin on this bill, yet the fact Obama wanted this bill on his desk shows reason for concern for anyone that is not an Obamabot.

Like I said earlier it's not perfect but there are many things the GOP can continue to build on in the future.

yet the fact Obama wanted this bill on his desk shows reason for concern for anyone that is not an Obamabot.

My 'guess' is he decided to get what he can while the Dem's still control the senate vs getting smacked around by the new congress on this.

That and maybe maobama didn't want a shutdown blamed on him so he, his VP and others whipped up votes to get it passed.

Like I said earlier it's not perfect but there are many things the GOP can continue to build on in the future.

I am all for fiscal year budgets (something that has not happened in the Obama years) and I am glad the far left will be out of power soon, however if the newly elected party acts like the ones that just got voted out. What good does that do anyone?

A government shut down would get blamed on the Republicans (in the far left media) no matter what he decided to do. So obviously there is many things in this bill that Obama wanted otherwise he would not have pushed for it.

And anything Obama wants I have to question very seriously regardless of who is in charge of the Congress.

I am all for fiscal year budgets (something that has not happened in the Obama years) and I am glad the far left will be out of power soon, however if the newly elected party acts like the ones that just got voted out. What good does that do anyone?

Would you have preferred the GOP put in a bunch of poison pills to guarantee a veto? What good would that do anyone, the GOP made major gains that the MSM and others are ignoring.

Then the GOP needs to lead the way and not act like the ones that got voted out..

Start passing bills that make sense and not these feel good ones that do nothing except cater to big dollar donors.

I will give them a chance to prove that they are not like their opponents, but I have to seriously question anything Obama wants.

We have not any real leadership in this country for sometime (Obama), the GOP (if they want to win in 2016) will need to step up and lead.

If they do and do what is right (even if it is not perfect) will be a good thing, instead of the far left idealism and saying vote for us because we are those guys over there.

Would you have preferred the GOP put in a bunch of poison pills to guarantee a veto? What good would that do anyone, the GOP made major gains that the MSM and others are ignoring.

Well those "poison pills" are in the eye of the beholder. And of course the far left media will ignore any good things done by anyone with an (R) next to the name.

But again the only thing one can say for fact is that many parts of the government will be funded until September 2015.

When the GOP passes a spending bill that controls government spending and reduces the national debt will be the best thing they could do..

Well those "poison pills" are in the eye of the beholder. And of course the far left media will ignore any good things done by anyone with an (R) next to the name.

But again the only thing one can say for fact is that many parts of the government will be funded until September 2015.

When the GOP passes a spending bill that controls government spending and reduces the national debt will be the best thing they could do..

As long as they use base line budgeting that guarantees increases in government spending I don't see that happening and I haven't seen either party in a hurry to do that.

Forum List

Back