Credit card offers

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
As of the new year I have been inundated with credit card offers. At least 15 different banks and stores have offered pre-approved credit cards. The lowest amount of credit offered me has been $8800 and the highest amount was $50,100:)cuckoo:).

Has anyone else experienced this?

No, but the funniest thing is, the bank I used to work for raised my credit limit 1200 after they canned me.

Yep and they get shredded! We had 3 credit cards and almost all paid off, they were cut up last year. This house hold won't own a credit card ever again.

I have shredded them as well. Some people will not do it though...thinking that if they run the cards up and lose their jobs, Obama will bail them out....how did Americans become so irresponsible with their finances?

Yep and they get shredded! We had 3 credit cards and almost all paid off, they were cut up last year. This house hold won't own a credit card ever again.

Debit cards only in my house...if I dont have it in my checking account, I wont buy it.

I have shredded them as well. Some people will not do it though...thinking that if they run the cards up and lose their jobs, Obama will bail them out....how did Americans become so irresponsible with their finances?

Of course you have to mention Obama. Of course. Did you know, today, the damn light turned from green to red. I blame Obama as well.

Of course you have to mention Obama. Of course. Did you know, today, the damn light turned from green to red. I blame Obama as well.

Good...you're making progress from utter stupidity to minor dumbassedness.

Oh come on, Patek. This is clearly not true.

I blame Obama, don't you? Of course you do. Again ...and again...and again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ojd13kZlCA&feature=related]YouTube - Obama Stash[/ame]

This is why some of us think that Americans think Obama will bail them out.

Good move. the things are worse than crack.

Mine are all paid off and all cut up. We even had a little ceremony when they all got paid off of chopping them up over the cat box.

They are a financial disaster and I don't ever want to touch them again.

As of the new year I have been inundated with credit card offers. At least 15 different banks and stores have offered pre-approved credit cards. The lowest amount of credit offered me has been $8800 and the highest amount was $50,100:)cuckoo:).

All the time. I'd guess I've been getting at least one a week for the past 20 years. I got 3 in the mail this morning. But I do have a big rat cage that needs new bedding once a week, so the extra shredded junk mail is welcomed.

It's not a bad thing to get credit cards. If you're responsible about your balances, they're one of the best ways to increase your credit score.

I accepted a few offers this past year that had good enough interest rates, and I just buy gas or other small things with them and pay the balance each month to avoid interest. It helps boost the credit score up with little effort involved.

I use this one particular credit card often because I rarely ever carry more than $50.00 cash on me at any one time (unless traveling or something like that). I do, however, make sure this credit card is paid off in full every month when the bill comes rolling in. That's the rule at our house between Mrs. BBD and I. Use a credit card for anything you want to use it for BUT it has to be paid off in full every month when the bill comes. I don't think having credit card balances are very wise these days.

It's not a bad thing to get credit cards. If you're responsible about your balances, they're one of the best ways to increase your credit score.

I accepted a few offers this past year that had good enough interest rates, and I just buy gas or other small things with them and pay the balance each month to avoid interest. It helps boost the credit score up with little effort involved.

Agreed. I never carry a balance on any of my 3 cards.

Perhaps that means the economy is getting better.

I use them to rack up points and get things for free.

I use them to rack up points and get things for free.

Yeah, I have a rewards balance on one of mine that is damn near my whole credit limit amount.

HSBC has great offers on cards.

Forum List

Back