Creating New Cities/self-governance?

wavingrl

Nov 14, 2012
ATL
This is a major economic issue in Atlanta--filled with complexities that at this moment are not a priority for me.

2 proposals so far--my neighborhood would be included in both--actually closer to town--so this might be the better one--now at the funded proposal to study feasibility stage.

Worked very well for 2 other communities--if it adds more 'anality' I might not want that--each city in a 15 mile radius establishes its own laws--but more control over how the tax dollars are spent.

Association: Druid Hills Cityhood Survey Results Favor Briarcliff Proposal - Government - Virginia Highland-Druid Hills, GA Patch

That's really cool. There is far to much societal stagnation as of the past few hundred years. I hope to see more bottom-up restructuring.

That's really cool. There is far to much societal stagnation as of the past few hundred years. I hope to see more bottom-up restructuring.

Is that what it is called? The county--lots of problems--things are being considered--'Do we need a CEO'? Current CEO is now indicted--some form of corruption.

I should read the proposal more carefully.

Probably from the beginning --or not long after. within the county there have been small towns. i never delved into how they function--they have their own LE--and I assume can fine people for offenses--I would also think--water and trash collection etc--are provided through the county.

It works in the other 2 areas.

~~~
This poster sounds like he would oppose the plan.

<As this initiative is now spreading south into Druid Hills, I am surprised that creating another government overlay is considered a fix to the county government. Fix the problem not create more taxable overhead. It's not like the county structure is going away (note: in my birth state of Massachusetts county government is mostly defunct but all land in the state has been incorporated for decades. When I grew up both (town and county) had budgets and had to be funded. If nothing else it requires more lawyers on the dole to deal with all the battles for control. Didn't notice City of Atlanta and Sandy Springs in court last November? Fix what we have, don't pay for more government. >

Last edited:
Suppose I misunderstood. It sounds like a pretty big deal, the more research you do the better. Personally, I would sieze the opportunity to become the King of Druid Hills. Has a nice ring to it.

Last edited:
This has zero to with self governance. On the topic you couldn't pay me to live in an incorporated area.

Forum List

Back