Cowardly Texas Lieutenant Governor Cancels Appearance at NRA event in Houston Today

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Here's how the RINO logic goes:

As a second amendment advocate, I know that guns are not responsible for mass murder in public schools. Mental illness, a high pressure educational system and comically inadequate school security are.

But the Democrats keep saying that it's the guns' fault, and it would be insensitive to disagree them, so I'll snub the gun lobby.

As soon as a Republican - especially in a state like Texas - starts playing to the media instead of the conservative voters who put him in office, he is lost. I can assure you that there are Republican state lawmakers who are heading to Houston on the first thing smoking to get footage of themselves attending that NRA conference.

Bye-bye Dan. The glowing yellow stripe on your back is the last thing we'll see fading away.

As a second amendment advocate, I know that guns are not responsible for mass murder in public schools. Mental illness, a high pressure educational system and comically inadequate school security are.

But the Democrats keep saying that it's the guns' fault, and it would be insensitive to disagree them, so I'll snub the gun lobby.

As soon as a Republican - especially in a state like Texas - starts playing to the media instead of the conservative voters who put him in office, he is lost. I can assure you that there are Republican state lawmakers who are heading to Houston on the first thing smoking to get footage of themselves attending that NRA conference.

Bye-bye Dan. The glowing yellow stripe on your back is the last thing we'll see fading away.
Same idiot that wanted to sacrifice the old folks that were sick with Covid? Real standup guy for Texas.

There were at least 17 good guys with a gun standing in the hall while the gun nut shot more kids and others blead out. They waited an hour before they stopped that bad guy with a gun.

There were at least 17 good guys with a gun standing in the hall while the gun nut shot more kids and others blead out. They waited an hour before they stopped that bad guy with a gun.
I could not believe that they had to wait around for someone to bring a Level 4 ballistic shield (stops up to and including .30-06).....Every patrol officer's vehicle in the land should have one.....That could have made a huge difference early-on before they had too much time to over think it and make the mistakes the commander did.

Other departments must have got the memo, every level 4 shield in the land is now sold out. All the police outfitters are sold out too.

Damn shame, we spend tens of billions on corrupt Ukraine and pretty much shit-all on school security and proper police equipment here.

I could not believe that they had to wait around for someone to bring a Level 4 ballistic shield (stops up to and including .30-06).....Every patrol officer's vehicle in the land should have one.....That could have made a huge difference early-on before they had too much time to over think it and make the mistakes the commander did.

Other departments must have got the memo, every level 4 shield in the land is now sold out. All the police outfitters are sold out too.

Damn shame, we spend tens of billions on corrupt Ukraine and pretty much shit-all on school security and proper police equipment here.
All the solutions by gun nuts have to do with response to a school shooter after he has started. Some kid has to die FIRST before any of those solutions even apply. Talk about armed teachers, and that just assures he shoots the teacher first before she can get to her desk. Having an armed guard at each school is a waste of time. How much good is one retired cop/military going to do when an entire hall full of cops had to wait for an hour to stop that murderer?

All the solutions by gun nuts have to do with response to a school shooter after he has started. Some kid has to die FIRST before any of those solutions even apply. Talk about armed teachers, and that just assures he shoots the teacher first before she can get to her desk. Having an armed guard at each school is a waste of time. How much good is one retired cop/military going to do when an entire hall full of cops had to wait for an hour to stop that murderer?
If The Cops are feckless we better not let the Far Left & Left disarm the rest of us

That part is correct.....Unless schools are run movement and security wise like say a Level 2 prison with dedicated security personnel and a real security center every thing else is just a half measure.

I know it sounds harsh but it's the solution in the world we live in. BTW.....There are no bars to speak of in modern prisons these days, just electronic security doors and windows.....The tech is old as dirt and it works.

BTW....I hope that the teacher that propped that door open is charged with criminal negligence.....In other words would a reasonable person prop open a door that was supposed to be locked? If the answer is no and injury/death was the result then it's a righteous charge......That negligent act alone will result in millions being paid out to the dead/injured families.

I'm sure you would call me a "gun nut," but I actually agree with you in some ways. The way to protect our schools is with barriers, be they walls or fences, that are patrolled so that they cannot be breached by a guy carrying two AR's who just crashed his pickup into a ditch. Go through a metal detector just to get in the gate and leave any backpacks or other carrying equipment at the guard house.

School resource officers rarely stop shootings before someone is killed. They get used to the soft shifts far away from criminals, where their biggest cases are kids who yell at teachers. Let parents with CW's patrol the hallways, and a quick response to an active shooter is assured.

His right and his choice…

I'm sure you would call me a "gun nut," but I actually agree with you in some ways. The way to protect our schools is with barriers, be they walls or fences, that are patrolled so that they cannot be breached by a guy carrying two AR's who just crashed his pickup into a ditch. Go through a metal detector just to get in the gate and leave any backpacks or other carrying equipment at the guard house.

School resource officers rarely stop shootings before someone is killed. They get used to the soft shifts far away from criminals, where their biggest cases are kids who yell at teachers. Let parents with CW's patrol the hallways, and a quick response to an active shooter is assured.
You gonna pay for all that new prison style construction? Right wingers won't even vote to fix falling bridges. Armed parents roaming the halls is a guarantee of dead kids. Only an idiot wouldn't see that.

Nobody is blaming just the gun, for you to imply that is idiotic. The gun is a tool. A dangerous tool. Those who support regulating guns want to do so so less guns get into the hands of dangerous people who will use them to commit crimes. It’s pretty simple. If you can’t grasp that then how do you expect to be taken seriously?!

Forum List

Back