Court Rules Assaulted Michigan Teachers Can't Force School to Expel Student Attackers

I know a lot of people will disagree with this but sometimes there is no justice but what you can get for yourself, and when it comes to kids that comes up more often than a lot of people probably want to believe.

When I was in school I had a teacher that was always trying to look down my shirt. When I complained nothing was done about it. I was told I was imagining it, or that there was some other explanation. Sorry, I know when someone is trying to look at my boobs. My bf at the time was in the same class and he finally had enough of it and ended up slugging the teacher in the face right in the middle of class in front of everyone. Funny, nothing ever came of it. The teacher left the class room and we sat there for the rest of the period. The next day he acted like nothing had happened. Now, can anyone think of any reason he wouldn't want to report the incident to the administration?

Don't think just because a student attacked a teacher the teacher didn't have it coming.

i find your story ironic given your avatar.....

And why is that?

I never said they were perfect, but they are much better than Public Schools (obviously). Both articles demonstrate that the private schools administrators acted properly. Public Schools are so PC that disciplining a student or a poor teacher is difficult.

My experience taught me exactly the opposite. Try reading up on (ab)uses of zero tolerance policy.

Public Schools are more like government indoctrination camps. Why would I want to fix them? Now it's your job to fix them. Good luck with that.

It really depends on the school not whether it was public or private. I attended two different public high schools. One was a hell hole and the other was an oasis.

Friends of mine who attended Catholic schools have told me horror stories about sadistic nuns and pedophile priests. Others remember great things about their private schools

Teachers I know say public school systems get the better teachers because of the better pay.

Public Schools are more like government indoctrination camps. Why would I want to fix them?

Free public education is one of the things that makes this country great. Why would you want to turn your back on it?

Last edited:
You would never see this in a private school. It just wouldn't happen. Only in government-controlled, pc-enabled, PUBLIC schools would this occur.

because private schools are not required by law to take in everyone. D'oh!

public schools (and the kids in them) need your support, not your smarmy cynicism, contempt and bullshit.

seriously dude, I will never understand where people like you are coming from.

fix the fukin' schools! sure it won't be easy, but fuk it---we're supposed to be Americans!

Public Schools are more like government indoctrination camps. Why would I want to fix them? Now it's your job to fix them. Good luck with that.

"Public Schools are more like government indoctrination camps."

get a grip. reality bites.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this but sometimes there is no justice but what you can get for yourself, and when it comes to kids that comes up more often than a lot of people probably want to believe.

When I was in school I had a teacher that was always trying to look down my shirt. When I complained nothing was done about it. I was told I was imagining it, or that there was some other explanation. Sorry, I know when someone is trying to look at my boobs. My bf at the time was in the same class and he finally had enough of it and ended up slugging the teacher in the face right in the middle of class in front of everyone. Funny, nothing ever came of it. The teacher left the class room and we sat there for the rest of the period. The next day he acted like nothing had happened. Now, can anyone think of any reason he wouldn't want to report the incident to the administration?

Don't think just because a student attacked a teacher the teacher didn't have it coming.

And why is that?

D'oh, moment on display? You can't be serious?

And why is that?

No Devy, I'm serious most of the time, it seems like you're the one that has trouble being serious. Which is why no one takes you serious and you're regarded as a troll. You, manifold and shogun are sort of the unholy trinity of thread disruption, which isn't so bad in the case of the other 2, cos at least they're funny, so...

If either you or manu1959 have a point to make why dontcha go ahead and make it?

I don't think she is having a duh moment. She's calling him on his stupid remark.

she complains about someone looking down her top and posts an avatar that does the same thing.......ok i guess that isn't ironic.....

She was a high school student. She complained to the administration that the teacher was making her uncomfortable by trying to look down her shirt. Her complaints were ignored. But when her boyfriend took the matter in his own hands and decked the perv, the behavior stopped and the boyfriend was never reported by the teacher. An admission of guilt, don't you think?

Do you approve of teachers looking down students shirts?

I don't think she is having a duh moment. She's calling him on his stupid remark.

she complains about someone looking down her top and posts an avatar that does the same thing.......ok i guess that isn't ironic.....

OMG, where to even start?

I'm not showing any cleavage in my pic.
I'm an adult now and can do as I please.
If I decide to show something here it's my choice.
I was a minor at the time of the incident.
The teacher was in a position of authority over me.
It wasn't my choice to have him looking there.

I don't see any irony, I put up my current pic over the weekend not specifically for this thread. Maybe when you think you're close to seeing boobies it clouds your reasoning?

I don't see any irony, I put up my current pic over the weekend not specifically for this thread. Maybe when you think you're close to seeing boobies it clouds your reasoning?

like i said......i guess it isn't ironic.....

And why is that?

No Devy, I'm serious most of the time, it seems like you're the one that has trouble being serious. Which is why no one takes you serious and you're regarded as a troll. You, manifold and shogun are sort of the unholy trinity of thread disruption, which isn't so bad in the case of the other 2, cos at least they're funny, so...

If either you or manu1959 have a point to make why dontcha go ahead and make it?

so you're an insufferable little twit among other things?

go figure

like i said......i guess it isn't ironic.....

this one is just begging for life to slap her silly. makes me cringe to think I may have been like that.

ahhhhh, youth....wasted on youth.

A group of Michigan middle school teachers assaulted by students cannot seek enforcement of a state law requiring their attackers be expelled, the Michigan Court of Appeals has ruled.

The Lansing school district suspended four students who were accused of throwing chairs at two teachers, slapping another and striking a fourth in the face with a wristband.

The teachers and their union said the students should have been expelled under a state school-safety law designed to protect the safety of teachers and students in the classroom.

But the court upheld a lower court ruling Wednesday, saying that disciplinary decisions are within the discretion of the school board, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The court added that it was “unfortunate” that the legislature did not empower teachers to enforce the Safe Schools Act, the paper reported. But “it is within the province of the legislature.”

Maybe they should give the students a cash sum, because if the teachers had assaulted them, they'd be on paid leave.

if a teacher had thrown a chair at a student, he/she might be on paid leave for a day or two, but would soon be on unpaid leave, then fired and never again get a job in education. That is what would happen, as it should be.

The court is right that it is up to the school board to decide whether the student should be expelled. If it was a case of sexual harassment, as described above, then the student's actions might be seen as mitigated at least.

If this is what it appears, then the next step is for the teacher to sue the student's parents for assault, and the school board for dereliction of duty and endangering teachers. The role of the union would be to provide legal assistance.

Were I that teacher, I'd sue, no question about it.

Forum List

Back