Couple jump to their deaths due to the high price of their health care

• Banned
They were in their 50s and needed someone to care for their kids? This story is weird. Really weird.

out of all the fake stories in the fake media, this is the one you choose as "weird"?

They were in their 50s and needed someone to care for their kids? This story is weird. Really weird.

out of all the fake stories in the fake media, this is the one you choose as "weird"?

Well it is weird. These people who are in their 50s apparently had kids late in life and then kill themselves because they can't afford medical care? What???

I'm looking for people who are willing to join me.
Who are willing to refuse treatment even though we are covered by insurance.
Who are willing to die to get our rights returned.
You can mandate we buy insurance you can't mandate we use it.

They sure didn't do their kids any favors by killing themselves. Their kids have to live with this for the rest of their lives now.

They are going to spend the rest of their days wondering what they did to make their parents commit suicide or what they could have done to prevent it. Assholes.

What rights? Paying cash for health care doesn't save you money. You end up paying the rate the chargemaster determined. And the chargemaster doesn't determine the rates on any free market, blah blah concepts.

What rights? Paying cash for health care doesn't save you money. You end up paying the rate the chargemaster determined. And the chargemaster doesn't determine the rates on any free market, blah blah concepts.

Who's talking about paying?
i'm talking about my right to choose whether I have it without breaking the law.

i'm talking about my right to choose whether I have it without breaking the law.

Here's the thing, though...you need insurance because there's always the possibility you will incur medical costs that you cannot afford. An appendectomy, for example, has an average cost of $33K. How many folks have that much cash in their savings account? Not many in the middle class, that's for sure. So if you get appendicitis and need to have your appendix removed but can't afford it, the hospital is required by law to treat you anyway and they then charge you the same prices that are in that chargemaster they have worked out with insurance companies to keep themselves profitable.

So there's no incentive for providers or insurers to change the way they do business, and they spend more than the Oil and Defense lobbies combined to maintain the status quo. The only way to reduce costs is to do away with the chargemaster, which also means doing away with insurance companies.

I bet no one in the Congress is jumping out of the f---cking window out of despondency over their medical bills! If the jackasses in Congress had been made to have the same healthcare as they decreed for the rest of us, Obamacare never would have been passed in the first place and the GOP would have had a better solution written up 7 years ago.

Here's the thing, though...you need insurance because there's always the possibility you will incur medical costs that you cannot afford. An appendectomy, for example, has an average cost of $33K. How many folks have that much cash in their savings account? Not many in the middle class, that's for sure. So if you get appendicitis and need to have your appendix removed but can't afford it, the hospital is required by law to treat you anyway and they then charge you the same prices that are in that chargemaster they have worked out with insurance companies to keep themselves profitable.

So there's no incentive for providers or insurers to change the way they do business, and they spend more than the Oil and Defense lobbies combined to maintain the status quo. The only way to reduce costs is to do away with the chargemaster, which also means doing away with insurance companies.

Shouldn't I have the right to choose whether I want to incur that debt or not?

Forum List

Back