County seizes and sells man's home over $8.41 in underpaid property taxes

An 83-year-old Michigan man has had his property seized and sold by Oakland County after he underpaid his property taxes by a measly $8.41.
County Seizes & Sells Man’s Home Over $8.41 in Underpaid Property Taxes

Awwww aren't you proud of SJW and their laws taking place wait until you morons get a does of it when yu thinnk it's all fake.

I would like to know if this 83 year old was a life long democrat. I just have a feeling there is some poetic justice going on.

I still hate this. I hate property taxes to begin with, but at the very most, you should only have a lien on the home, which can be cleared.

I hope they splatter this all over the entire state and force government to change that law. How evil can you get....

So, should the Feds try to step in and stop this legalized theft of property by12 States?

"When it comes to property taxes, if an individual underpays by even just a few dollars, there are 12 different state governments that can and will seize your property and sell it, without having to pay you a dime of the earnings. This is known as home equity theft."

Home Equity Theft: How a Man’s Home Was Seized Over $8.41 in Unpaid Taxes | Brittany Hunter

"... the sanctity of property rights has been one of the most defining characteristics of the American idea. Yet, practices like home equity theft and civil asset forfeiture, which allow law enforcement to strip individuals of their property without due process, have belittled this sacred principle and harmed many innocent people in the process."

An 83-year-old Michigan man has had his property seized and sold by Oakland County after he underpaid his property taxes by a measly $8.41.
County Seizes & Sells Man’s Home Over $8.41 in Underpaid Property Taxes

Awwww aren't you proud of SJW and their laws taking place wait until you morons get a does of it when yu thinnk it's all fake.

I would like to know if this 83 year old was a life long democrat. I just have a feeling there is some poetic justice going on.

I still hate this. I hate property taxes to begin with, but at the very most, you should only have a lien on the home, which can be cleared.

I hope they splatter this all over the entire state and force government to change that law. How evil can you get....

"Earlier this year, it was discovered that Wayne County Treasurer Eric Sabree had violated Treasurer’s office rules by funneling foreclosed properties to family members and well-established and connected businessman for a fraction of the cost.

While state Treasurer’s office rules prohibit family members from participating in these auctions, several Freedom of Information Act requests filed on behalf of a Detroit News investigation found that transfers involving Sabree's family overlap with his time in office. Since 2011, when Sabree began as deputy treasurer, Wayne County has transferred ownership of more than 1/4 of privately owned properties in Detroit as a result of back taxes—making the whole situation in Michigan even more suspicious"

But they had a rug.

Ethics board dismisses case against Wayne County Treasurer Eric Sabree

Forum List

Back