Could A Republican Gain In `10, Help Obama in `12?

According to my very main man, Charles Krauthammer, it well could.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Snip:

"Obama’s transformational agenda is a play in two acts.

"Act One is over. The stimulus, Obamacare, financial reform have exhausted his first-term mandate. It will bear no more heavy lifting. And the Democrats will pay the price for ideological overreaching by losing one or both houses, whether de facto or de jure. The rest of the first term will be spent consolidating these gains (writing the regulations, for example) and preparing for Act Two.

"For Obama to fulfill the remainder of his agenda, he’ll need to win a second term. And here’s the kicker. As Krauthammer sees it, letting the Republicans win control of either or both houses this November might actually benefit Obama (and Democrats) in the following 2012 election.

"If Democrats lose control of one or both houses, Obama will probably have an easier time in 2012, just as Bill Clinton used Newt Gingrich and the Republicans as the foil for his 1996 reelection campaign."

Charles Krauthammer | Obama | November - Sarah Palin | Mediaite

I've been saying that for a while. I see a rerun of '94-96!

But there was a huge platform: The Contract With America. If there's to be a repeat, the pubs better get busy with a new one. There's only 3 months left to go.

The Contract With America was just marketing spin, not the reason people voted for Republicans in 1994 in my opinion. For many it was a rejection of Hillarycare and there was also a shift in demographics. Also, the Democratic Party ran a pretty bad ground game in 1994. They vastly overestimated the popularity of Clinton, who only won 43% of the vote in the first place.

Forum List

Back