Corker and Flake are lame ducks....What does that do to the Republican Senate majority?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
With a 52-48 majority, Republicans do not have much room to spare
They now have to go through the rest of 2017 and all of 2018 with three Senators at war with the President
McCain, Corker and Flake are under no obligation to support the Trump agenda and openly despise him
Collins and Murkowski will not support Trumpcare

Will Republicans be able to pass anything?

Trump brought this onto himself thinking his brash way of speaking would win the war of the words with those like McCain.

Democrats have too many seats up in the next year election for me seeing them gaining but who knows in today political environment...

I'm sure Trump is not done offending people from his own party. It'll get worse for him.

They now have to go through the rest of 2017 and all of 2018 with three Senators at war with the President
McCain, Corker and Flake are under no obligation to support the Trump agenda and openly despise him

I wrote a similar thread last night (but the good ol' mods decided to redirect it)....and I included Sen. Heller in that midst of "errant" conservatives that are giving Trump the middle finger.

Bear in mind that these folks still have 14 MONTHS of service in the senate and if Trump thought that his tax breaks for his cronies would be an easy win, he may have dreamed a bit too early.

NOW its the House conservatives' turn to stand up to the orange charlatan.

I wrote a similar thread last night (but the good ol' mods decided to redirect it)....and I included Sen. Heller in that midst of "errant" conservatives that are giving Trump the middle finger.

Bear in mind that these folks still have 14 MONTHS of service in the senate and if Trump thought that his tax breaks for his cronies would be an easy win, he may have dreamed a bit too early.

Ryan has no backbone and is hoping that the Democrats win in 2018 so Trump will have to deal with Pelosi!

I can't wait to have Kelli Ward replace that POS Flake. Some TRUE nationalist populist republicans!

Trump brought this onto himself thinking his brash way of speaking would win the war of the words with those like McCain.

Democrats have too many seats up in the next year election for me seeing them gaining but who knows in today political environment...

Under normal conditions, Republicans should have no problem holding their majority or even increasing it

But if 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump and the inability of Republicans to deliver on their promises, the Senate can flip

I think Republicans will lose seats in the House but hold the majority

Agree....forgot about Heller

Most Presidents will privately rebuke Congressmen who stray. It is the best way to bring them back into the fold

Trump goes to war and permanently loses them as political allies

So what do Trumps feuds with his own party do his agenda?

Repeal and replace Obamacare....gone
Tax reform......unlikely
The Great Wall of Trump........pipedream

“I have decided that my time in the Senate will end when my term ends in early January 2019. For the next 14 months, relieved of the strictures of politics, I will be guided only by the dictates of conscience.” — Senator Flake

“I have decided that my time in the Senate will end when my term ends in early January 2019. For the next 14 months, relieved of the strictures of politics, I will be guided only by the dictates of conscience.” — Senator Flake

He could become Trumps worst nightmare

With McCain, Corker, Heller and now Flake on his enemies list....Trump is losing his majority in the Senate

He could become Trumps worst nightmare

With McCain, Corker, Heller and now Flake on his enemies list....Trump is losing his majority in the Senate
Not to mention Murkowski and Collins

It seems to me that McCain, Corker and Flake despise the President's personality, not Republican policies. I think the Republicans are holding their noses and pushing through as much work as they can while they still have a chance.
Trump will kill the Republican party.

So what do Trumps feuds with his own party do his agenda?

Repeal and replace Obamacare....gone
Tax reform......unlikely
The Great Wall of Trump........pipedream
Aren't you mixing up policy and personality? The Republicans who voted no didn't vote that way because they don't like the President. They did it because they disagreed with the policy.

Under normal conditions, Republicans should have no problem holding their majority or even increasing it

But if 2018 becomes a referendum on Trump and the inability of Republicans to deliver on their promises, the Senate can flip

I'm not so sure the gop can hold the House. It's literally 50-50 on taxes now. If they don't do that, their turnout for incumbents is not going to be helped. Meanwhile, the dem natl party is moribund after Hillary, but the grass roots is highly energized and giving money to candidates.

Normally, the out of WH party does well in off year elections too. I figured the dems were going to lose 5 or more senate seats, because they had so many to defend. This group is so large because they picked up seats in W's last debacle (06) and then even picked up two more when Obama was reelected. But I'm not even sure they'll lose 5 of their wone now, and they may pick off one or even two gopers.

And while the dems having 60 in the senate and the House was imo not good, the thought of Bannon having 55 in the senate and the House is a little terrifying.

I'm not so sure the gop can hold the House. It's literally 50-50 on taxes now. If they don't do that, their turnout for incumbents is not going to be helped. Meanwhile, the dem natl party is moribund after Hillary, but the grass roots is highly energized and giving money to candidates.

Normally, the out of WH party does well in off year elections too. I figured the dems were going to lose 5 or more senate seats, because they had so many to defend. This group is so large because they picked up seats in W's last debacle (06) and then even picked up two more when Obama was reelected. But I'm not even sure they'll lose 5 of their wone now, and they may pick off one or even two gopers.

And while the dems having 60 in the senate and the House was imo not good, the thought of Bannon having 55 in the senate and the House is a little terrifying.

Actually I believe the best thing that can happen is Pelosi getting the House back and Schumer getting the Senate.

Then thlse that voted for Trump will discover they voted for a fraud and those wanting what tjey call RINO's out of power will discover Trump is the RINO playing his voters for the fools they are...

With that written the Senate will be too hars but as it going now you might be correct and it could flip blue if Republicans fail to get anything done!

Putin is begging Trump to let him flip all 25 Democrat Senate seats in 2018, even NY and CA.

You're still concerned about Russian hacking, right?

Actually I believe the best thing that can happen is Pelosi getting the House back and Schumer getting the Senate.

Then thlse that voted for Trump will discover they voted for a fraud and those wanting what tjey call RINO's out of power will discover Trump is the RINO playing his voters for the fools they are...

With that written the Senate will be too hars but as it going now you might be correct and it could flip blue if Republicans fail to get anything done!

I'd just like a presidential election with the congress up for grabs with neither Trump or Hillary on the ballot. Or at least a dem not Hillary. Trump did a hostile takeover of the gop with a mere plurality of primary voters, but the gop let it happen, so .... they earned it.

Forum List

Back