Convert Plastic Into Oil - and Other Nobel Prize Worthy Innovations

My initial thought was that it would use more fuel than it created. Haven't had the time to view the video yet, but proof of concept doesn't equal economic viability. The only way I see us generating the energy we need, while limiting pollution and GHGs, in the long term is to make fusion power a reality. We need something akin to the Space Race and earmark more money to that end. For more info:

ITER - the way to new energy or

Department of Energy - Fusion

For once I almost agree with you. First quit wasting money on GW research which is useless and generates nothing useful for mankind and divert that funding into fusion research.

Sounds like a plan.

My initial thought was that it would use more fuel than it created. Haven't had the time to view the video yet, but proof of concept doesn't equal economic viability. The only way I see us generating the energy we need, while limiting pollution and GHGs, in the long term is to make fusion power a reality. We need something akin to the Space Race and earmark more money to that end. For more info:

For once I almost agree with you. First quit wasting money on GW research which is useless and generates nothing useful for mankind and divert that funding into fusion research.

Sounds like a plan.

Research isn't a waste. You never know what might come of it. Why "almost agree"? Are you so stuck in your ideological box that your biases discount any but approved sources? It seems to me that some would even start an argument, if Gore came out and said, "the sky is blue"!

Sounds like a plan.

Research isn't a waste. You never know what might come of it. Why "almost agree"? Are you so stuck in your ideological box that your biases discount any but approved sources? It seems to me that some would even start an argument, if Gore came out and said, "the sky is blue"!

I almost agree with you because you seem to want to only pursue fusion (you have never mentioned any other line of research), while I would like to see MANY lines of research pursued. GW research has expended 100 billion dollars so far. What have they presented to us the funders?

In the following video, a scientist engineer has built a machine that converts plastic garbage--all kinds of plastic trash--back into oil that can be used as is or further refined into fuel or any other purpose suitable for petroleum products.

If this can be developed commercially, the benefits will be enormous. Usable oil returned to service, uncountable tons of waste plastic being returned to a usable product rather than clogging landfills all over the world, and most likely a reduction in CO2 as well if any of you are still worried about that.

And it makes one wonder how many more inventions and innovations are yet to be discovered out there that will 'save the world' while not imposing draconian restrictions and regulations on freedom, choices, options, and opportunities?

YouTube - OW2.0:plastic to Oil Fantastic

Arn't most plastics already able to be recycled into new plastics?

Do you get more bang for your buck making it back into fuel?

In the following video, a scientist engineer has built a machine that converts plastic garbage--all kinds of plastic trash--back into oil that can be used as is or further refined into fuel or any other purpose suitable for petroleum products.

If this can be developed commercially, the benefits will be enormous. Usable oil returned to service, uncountable tons of waste plastic being returned to a usable product rather than clogging landfills all over the world, and most likely a reduction in CO2 as well if any of you are still worried about that.

And it makes one wonder how many more inventions and innovations are yet to be discovered out there that will 'save the world' while not imposing draconian restrictions and regulations on freedom, choices, options, and opportunities?

YouTube - OW2.0:plastic to Oil Fantastic

Arn't most plastics already able to be recycled into new plastics?

Do you get more bang for your buck making it back into fuel?

Dunno Charles. That's the critical missing link in the information we have so far. My personal source consulted and other here all seem to be thinking that it might take more energy to convert plastic back to usuable oil than energy provided by the oil produced. And that could make it economically impractical. But since we don't know, the concept is really interesting.

The guy in the video seemed to be motivated by a desire to get the plastic trash picked up and out of the landfills and do something useful with it. And maybe that would be sufficient reason to incur the cost.

I just don't know.

Forum List

Back