Constitutional Problem: Presidential Appointments

$ecular#eckler

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2020
Transient
Established in 1971, the Office of Presidential Personnel is responsible for aiding the President in recruiting, vetting, and nominating over 4,000 political appointees throughout the federal government.

How you can get involved: apply to join the Biden-Harris Administration, or learn more about how appointees are working to advance the President’s agenda on our blog.

I think 4000 appointments are incomprehensible for one person, and the team idea of partisan activist cronies is something that the founders would be somewhat appalled that we have not figured out how to remedy what this is.

I am very confident that there is an excellent argument for a new Constitution because of this

I think 4000 appointments are incomprehensible for one person, and the team idea of partisan activist cronies is something that the founders would be somewhat appalled that we have not figured out how to remedy what this is.

I am very confident that there is an excellent argument for a new Constitution because of this
There literally dozens of good arguments for a new Constitution..all of which fail to guarantee that we won't lose far more than we gain. I cannot see any Constitution Convention that does not end in several countries in place of one.
A few Amendments might be technically possible...but our polity is too split right now..for anything meaningful to ever complete the Process.

There literally dozens of good arguments for a new Constitution..all of which fail to guarantee that we won't lose far more than we gain. I cannot see any Constitution Convention that does not end in several countries in place of one.
A few Amendments might be technically possible...but our polity is too split right now..for anything meaningful to ever complete the Process.
That does not make sense, because nobody would believe that a new constitution would be necessary if society was tranquil.

What's the problem if the country is "divorced"?

That does not make sense, because nobody would believe that a new constitution would be necessary if society was tranquil.

What's the problem if the country is "divorced"?
Well...other than the consequent disorder and scramble for resource..that would lead almost inevitably to war?

Society is, right now, relatively tranquil. If you don't see that, I suggest you widen your historical lens just a bit..and compare us with the 1930's...or 60's--maybe take a look at the Labor movement in this country..or the Civil Rights movement.
Social media gives us more froth to deal with.....but here's the thing..I think the culture was is already over. When the generational turnover is complete in twenty years....the far right will be powerless. On the national scene.

Forum List

Back