Conspiracy Theorist’ Is A Slur Meant To Silence Us

It is what I and others have been saying for years. It is meant to do this'

"The term ‘conspiracy theorist’ is used to halt thoughtfulness and conversation, often under the guise of protecting you from ‘disinformation."

One example

It’s used even when grand plans are out in the open. For example, participants at the recent World Economic Forum congregation in Davos publicly discussed how we should all be censored and surveilled and tracked. The Orwellian life they’d like to shove on us has been preached for decades by WEF founder Klaus Schwab, prior to his 2020 publication of “The Great Reset.”

But if you point this out you’re likely to be smeared as a “conspiracy theorist.” As Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., and many respected pundits have noted, the WEF goal for an unelected elite to rein in the hoi polloi is no theory. Their activists talk about it constantly.

Well, almost all of the Covid "conspiracy theories" are true, at least.

I did not read the entire thread but I would say conspiracy theorist merely sounds like a concise, accurate description. Zero critical thinking skills, circular logic, always some "them" out there controlling something, never quite able to prove it because "they" wont let them get the evidence to prove it. And the circle never ends.

I personally know of a router that was compromised. Not related to elections in this case, but it's definitely possible and the rumor is it's not even hard.
Lots of things are "possible"

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof

I did not read the entire thread but I would say conspiracy theorist merely sounds like a concise, accurate description. Zero critical thinking skills, circular logic, always some "them" out there controlling something, never quite able to prove it because "they" wont let them get the evidence to prove it. And the circle never ends.
To these loons...lack of proof becomes proof...since the deep state or whoever the particular "they" are...are so powerful and coordinated that they block that proof

Fuckin nutz

The term CONSPIRACY THEORY is often misused.

Lots of things are CONSPIRACIES. Big tech and the media CONSPIRED to cover up the Hunter Biden laptop story prior to the election. Many people CONSPIRED to claim the laptop was made by Putin in a lab.

Other CONSPIRACIES are theoretical, like the one that we never landed on the moon. Never proven, only a theory. The earth is flat….a theory.

Here is another question.......

Let's say you are the virtuous illuminated one -- and only you and a precious few know the truth and the rest of us are all blind sheep...ok....so now you know the conspiracy, what have you done about it except post dumb ass memes and comments on message boards?

For example, when a guy was convinced that Hillary ran a child sex trafficking ring out of a basement of a pizza shop -- he went and shot it up; believing he was protecting children.....why didn't any of you pick up where he left off and stormed that pizza shop??

I mean, if you truly believed in your bullshit conspiracies, do something about it besides whine like a bitch online...

The firehose of falsehood is a propaganda technique in which a large number of messages are broadcast rapidly, repetitively, and continuously over multiple channels (such as news and social media) without regard for truth or consistency. An outgrowth of Soviet propaganda techniques, the firehose of falsehood is a contemporary model for Russian propaganda under Russian President Vladimir Putin.[1]

The Russian government used the technique during its offensive against Georgia in 2008, and continued to use it in Russia's war with Ukraine, including its successful use in 2014 during the annexation of Crimea,[1] and attempting to use it during the prelude to the 2022 invasion of Ukraine.[2] The model has been adopted by other governments and political movements around the world, including by former U.S. President Donald Trump.[3][4][5][6][7]

Characteristics​

The modern application of the technique is distinguished from the Soviet propaganda techniques used during the Cold War by the much larger number of messages and channels used in the internet age and the "shameless" approach to disseminating falsehoods and contradictory messages. The immediate aim is to entertain, confuse, and overwhelm the audience. The "firehose" takes advantage of modern technology, such as the Internet and social media, as well as recent changes in how people produce and consume news.[1]

According to a 2016 RAND Corporation study, the firehose of falsehood model has four distinguishing factors: it (1) is high-volume and multichannel, (2) is rapid, continuous, and repetitive, (3) lacks a commitment to objective reality; and (4) lacks commitment to consistency.[1] The high volume of messages, the use of multiple channels, and the use of internet bots and fake accounts are effective because people are more likely to believe a story when it appears to have been reported by multiple sources.[1] In addition to the recognizably-Russian news source, RT, for example, Russia disseminates propaganda using dozens of proxy websites, whose connection to RT is "disguised or downplayed."[8] People are also more likely to believe a story when they think many others believe it, especially if those others belong to a group with which they identify. Thus, an army of trolls can influence a person's opinion by creating the false impression that a majority of that person's neighbors support a given view.[1]

The Russian government's use of the technique had some success in getting people to believe and spread falsehoods and disbelieve truthful reporting. The approach's success flouts the conventional wisdom that communication is more persuasive when it is truthful, credible, and non-contradictory.[1]

Although the firehosing technique takes advantage of modern technology, it is informed by the thinking of the Russian revolutionary Vladimir Lenin, according to the literary critic Michiko Kakutani.[9] In 1907, before a party tribunal convened to examine his uncomradely accusations against fellow party members, Lenin admitted he could have characterised their actions with greater accuracy. He explained in his defence, however, that his heated language was "calculated not to convince, but to break up the ranks of the opponent, not to correct the mistake of the opponent, but to destroy him, to wipe his organization off the face of the earth."[10] In his biography of Lenin, the historian Victor Sebestyen described him as the "godfather" of "post-truth politics."[9]

Kakutani also cites Vladislav Surkov, a Russian businessman and propagandist. Surkov helped engineer Vladimir Putin's rise to power by sowing chaos and confusion and has suggested that the United States is also looking for a "strong hand" to lift it from increasing chaos.[9]

Campaigns​

The Russian government has used the "firehose of falsehood" at least as early as its offensive against Georgia in 2008.[1] The Russian government has continued to use this propaganda technique as part of its disinformation campaigns targeting the "near abroad" post-Soviet states,[1] including Ukraine,[1] and the three Baltic states of Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia,[11] as well as the United States (including as part of its interference in the 2016 United States elections) and Western Europe.[11][9]

Russia also deployed the technique as part of its involvement in the Syrian civil war.[1] For example, in November 2017, Russian state media published a number of stories claiming that coalition forces were purposely allowing Islamic State fighters to escape from Abu Kamal, Syria. The stories included a so-called "satellite image", which was later found to be a screen capture from a video game.[12] In 2019, according to the science writer William J. Broad of The New York Times, Russia, working through its state propaganda network RT America, began a "firehose of falsehood" campaign to convince Americans that 5G phones were a health hazard, even as Putin was ordering the launch of 5G networks in Russia.[13]

According to the author and former military intelligence officer John Loftus, Iran has been using similar methods to incite hatred against Saudi Arabia, the United States, and Israel. He claims that some fake news that is attributed to Russia was actually planted in the Western press by Iran.[14]

During Indonesia's 2019 presidential race, the incumbent, Joko Widodo, accused Prabowo Subianto's campaign team of disseminating hateful propaganda aided by foreign consultants and cited "Russian propaganda" and the "firehose of falsehood" model.[15]

According to the Mother Jones, editor Monika Bauerlein, the firehose technique is increasingly being used against the press by American politicians. She warns readers to expect an increase in the use of several related tactics: the lawsuit threat, the "fake news" denial, and the ad hominem attack.[16] Deepfake video also poses a serious threat, according to the Belgian journalist Tom Van de Weghe [nl], who warns that "we've only seen the beginning of fake news."[17]

The firehosing technique has been successfully used by the anti-vaccine movement to spread debunked theories about the supposed dangers of vaccination.[18]

Easy. BTC covering its sorry ass. Institutional Behavior 101.
More input from the I hate the American legal system crowd!

"The special master and expert panel found no evidence that the routers, managed switches, or election devices connected to the public Internet."

"I believe that ______________________________________"

"Wow, okay, prove it".

"Well, I can't, because everybody is corrupt".

"Then it's just a conspiracy theory".

"You're a liar! And a traitor! And you hate America!"

There is no communicating with someone like that.
Projection, hack.

You've pissed all over our system\country when our system\country didn't work for your party. You would take down the system if it meant victory for your party.
Wrong. The people you support are harassing and arresting political opponents. They are ruining lives. We want the system to work for everyone not just the criminals in charge.

That's you I was quoting, by the way.

You can't prove shit, and you blame the rigged courts or the rigged judges or the rigged whatever the hell Tucker and Breitbart are telling you.

Weak little victim, just like your orange hero. Man up. For a change.
I do not need them to tell me anything. I can get the facts myself. When you say there are not rigged courts and judges that only verifies there are.

The term CONSPIRACY THEORY is often misused.

Lots of things are CONSPIRACIES. Big tech and the media CONSPIRED to cover up the Hunter Biden laptop story prior to the election. Many people CONSPIRED to claim the laptop was made by Putin in a lab.

Other CONSPIRACIES are theoretical, like the one that we never landed on the moon. Never proven, only a theory. The earth is flat….a theory.
Really? There was a meeting about the laptop?

Emails?

No?

Oh

Forum List

Back