Conservative discipline crumbling as government shambles on

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Tory MP Huw Merriman has told ministers to “get a grip” and warned they must stop “hiding behind the science” on Covid-19 after the U-turn decision on masks in schools.

The Government announced on Tuesday evening that face coverings should now be worn by secondary pupils and staff in communal areas of schools in local lockdown areas of England.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson had previously insisted that masks would not be required because of the measures being adopted by schools to limit the spread of coronavirus.

As schools across England get set to return next week, Mr Merriman criticised the decision on face coverings for pupils.

This only happens when they have a large majority. It doesnt denote integrity. The face mask issue is about the fifth U turn in a couple of weeks. Announce something.Get pushback. Reverse policy. Its the tory way of government. Meanwhile the fat twat in charge is off in a yurt with his tart and their bastard brat.

"The Science" seems to indicate - at least here in the states - that healthy children are in NO DANGER of sickness or death from CV-19, and the precautions must be focused on the elderly and those with compromised lungs and/or immune systems.

Given the nature of schools, it must be presumed that there will be substantial numbers of "cases" among the students and teachers (also in little personal danger), and protocols must be established for those who are found to be infected - protocols short of shutting down the schools.

"The Science" also indicates that air recirculation and ventilation are even more important than wearing a mask, but these are not amenable to significant improvement given the facilities that exist. Still, efforts should be made.

Where is the research that proves masks are effective? I haven't seen it. Show me two nearly identical populations where one has faithfully worn masks and the other has not, and show me the difference in transmission.

I haven't seen such a study, and suspect that the data are all over the lot.

Never underestimate the tendency of a government overlord to do something stupid in the face of a crisis. Doing stupid things in a crisis is about the only time when we see "bi-partisanship" in the U.S.

"The Science" seems to indicate - at least here in the states - that healthy children are in NO DANGER of sickness or death from CV-19, and the precautions must be focused on the elderly and those with compromised lungs and/or immune systems.

Given the nature of schools, it must be presumed that there will be substantial numbers of "cases" among the students and teachers (also in little personal danger), and protocols must be established for those who are found to be infected - protocols short of shutting down the schools.

"The Science" also indicates that air recirculation and ventilation are even more important than wearing a mask, but these are not amenable to significant improvement given the facilities that exist. Still, efforts should be made.

Where is the research that proves masks are effective? I haven't seen it. Show me two nearly identical populations where one has faithfully worn masks and the other has not, and show me the difference in transmission.

I haven't seen such a study, and suspect that the data are all over the lot.

Never underestimate the tendency of a government overlord to do something stupid in the face of a crisis. Doing stupid things in a crisis is about the only time when we see "bi-partisanship" in the U.S.
You assume that these clowns have looked in to this and made a judgement. They havent. They just want the schools open and the welfare of the kids is not a factor.

Tory MP Huw Merriman has told ministers to “get a grip” and warned they must stop “hiding behind the science” on Covid-19 after the U-turn decision on masks in schools.

The Government announced on Tuesday evening that face coverings should now be worn by secondary pupils and staff in communal areas of schools in local lockdown areas of England.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson had previously insisted that masks would not be required because of the measures being adopted by schools to limit the spread of coronavirus.

As schools across England get set to return next week, Mr Merriman criticised the decision on face coverings for pupils.

This only happens when they have a large majority. It doesnt denote integrity. The face mask issue is about the fifth U turn in a couple of weeks. Announce something.Get pushback. Reverse policy. Its the tory way of government. Meanwhile the fat twat in charge is off in a yurt with his tart and their bastard brat.

Fat shaming and anti-sex from the man that supports Islamic Rape Rings.

INcredible.

INcredible.
Where do I support rape rings you lying twat ?

INcredible.
I don't know about you, but I heard rumours, that Alex Younger love to play "Lawrence of Arabia and twelve Arabs".

INcredible.

When you support the polices and paradigms and politicians that led to massive rape rings, rings that operated, in some cases, for years with knowledge of the local governments, because of political correctness.

Nothing has been done to change things, and you still support the rabid political correctness that led to the rings being allowed to operate.

You are like a man hitting himself in the head with a hammer, and not making the connection between the act of hitting yourself, and the pain.

Seriously. That is the level of self awareness you are demonstrating.

"As MPs prepare to return to Westminster on Tuesday, Charles Walker, who is vice-chair of the 1922 committee of Conservative backbenchers, told the Observer that a recent string of U-turns had left many colleagues in despair, with some struggling to support and defend their government to constituents. Governing by U-turn in this way, he said, was unsustainable.

Walker, who is normally counted as a firm Johnson loyalist, said: “Too often it looks like this government licks its finger and sticks it in the air to see which way the wind is blowing. This is not a sustainable way to approach the business of governing and government.

“It is becoming increasingly difficult for backbenchers now to promote and defend government policy as so often that policy is changed or abandoned without notice. Whether this approach is by design or by accident, the climate of uncertainty it creates is unsustainable and erodes morale.”

They can do this because they have a large majority. Infighting is a recognised tory sport. But come the election they will all kiss the ring.

Forum List

Back