Conservative David French readying independent run

He also has zero name recognition. Kristol has more. He would have a better shot than a total nobody. Doesn't matter anyway. The right doesn't stand a chance to start with, and splitting their support makes it even worse.

Lawyer David French Eyed for Independent Run, Source Says

This could be who Kristol is talking about. He has impressive credentials.

Who is David French? He is a real conservative. Hr is an Iraq war veteran with. Bronze Star. He us an attorney and writer.
It's probably too late to start a campaign. To get votes, you got to get on the ballot which takes time and time is running out.

Yup, it seems if the "true conservatives" were serious about keep Donnie out of the WH, they would have launched a more concerted effort to split the vote. While I think he would do irreparable damage to the party and the country if he were elected, he has already done significant damage to the Republican Party. Many of the positions he is taking is diametrically opposed to what the GOP has stood for in the past many decades.

Who is David French? He is a real conservative. Hr is an Iraq war veteran with. Bronze Star. He us an attorney and writer.
It's probably too late to start a campaign. To get votes, you got to get on the ballot which takes time and time is running out.

Yup, it seems if the "true conservatives" were serious about keep Donnie out of the WH, they would have launched a more concerted effort to split the vote. While I think he would do irreparable damage to the party and the country if he were elected, he has already done significant damage to the Republican Party. Many of the positions he is taking is diametrically opposed to what the GOP has stood for in the past many decades.
The Republican establishment has only one goal, pack the Supreme Court with conservative judges. There chances of reaching that goal are far better with Trump than Clinton. Both Paul and McConnell seem to be confident that they can control Trump. It's possible that a Trump presidency could breakdown some of the polarization in congress. Since many republicans in congress agree with democrats in regard to Trump policies, a coalition seems likely to me if Trump is elected.

Last edited:

The Republican establishment has only one goal, pack the Supreme Court with conservative judges. There chances of reaching that goal are far better with Trump than Clinton. Both Paul and McConnell seem to be confident that they can control Trump. It's possible that a Trump presidency could breakdown some of the polarization in congress. Since many republicans in congress agree with democrats in regard to Trump policies, a coalition seems likely to me if Trump is elected.

So gridlock again?

This knob head doesn't have a prayer....he's talking about white working class communities.

Specifically, French wrote a piece in support of Kevin D. Williamson, who had said:

The truth about these dysfunctional, downscale communities is that they deserve to die. Economically, they are negative assets. Morally, they are indefensible. Forget all your cheap theatrical Bruce Springsteen crap. Forget your sanctimony about struggling Rust Belt factory towns and your conspiracy theories about the wily Orientals stealing our jobs. Forget your goddamned gypsum, and, if he has a problem with that, forget Ed Burke, too. The white American underclass is in thrall to a vicious, selfish culture whose main products are misery and used heroin needles. Donald Trump’s speeches make them feel good. So does OxyContin. What they need isn’t analgesics, literal or political. They need real opportunity, which means that they need real change, which means that they need U-Haul.

FLASHBACK - Bill Kristol's Candidate: It's ‘Important to Say’ White Working Class Communities ‘Deserve to Die’ - Breitbart

• Conservatives rebuff Kristol’s third-party pick
    The Hill ^ | June 1, 2016 | Alexander Bolton
    A group of prominent conservative activists, including the writer and radio host Erick Erickson, aren’t satisfied with Bill Kristol’s suggestion of David French as a third party candidate and are still looking for another alternative to Donald Trump. The activists are working separately from Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard who favors French, according to two sources familiar with the discussions. “We’re not going to be jumping on board with what Kristol is doing,” said a person involved in the discussions. “We learned about this from the media along with everyone else.” Organizers of the self-described Conservative Against...
bill_kristol-constipated.jpg
bill-kristol-frowning.jpg

Desperation grows to stop Donnie..."EVERYBODY LOVES ME!"

I love to hear Donnie whine about being mistreated. Reminds me of my daughter....when she was eight years old....:badgrin:

Trump is so hated, no one is worried about the Dems uniting. Besides, the Dump University fraud case is going to hang around Donnie
s neck for months....but

"We are winning the case!":banana:...but the AGs coming after him feel otherwise. As do the judges.

So gridlock again?
Yes, on most of hot button issue such as healthcare, and budget. However, Trump's immigration policy which is not popular with either Democrats or Republicans could bring about real immigration reform, a far cry from Trump's plan but still a bill that would encompass many issues that Democrats and Republicans agree on such as allowing illegal immigrants who meet certain requirements to become citizens after a long waiting period, increasing border security, allow engineers and scientist who earn graduate degrees to remain in the US, vary the number of low skilled immigrants entering the US based on need, and require businesses to check immigration status before hiring.

Forum List

Back