'Conservatism Understood' Another in a series of Midcan's insights into contemporary

No consistant core ideas?

Seriously, you expect us to take your "analysis" seriously when you cant even see the obvious?

The irony is excrutiating, isn't it? One would imagine they get this stuff by listening to Rush Limbaugh talk about liberals

Very simple, thanks for the reply, now tell me a 'conservative' president who has followed these so called core tenets? And while I don't want to reply till I hear of that conservative, they are a bit too vague for use in the real world as each depends on lots of other facts, including what limits we are willing to set. Or even tell me a time in America when these were followed?

Who ever claimed politicians have principles?

Name one Democrat president who followed the liberal "core tenets."

Try this concept on for size.

No small government conservative has ever been president of the United States. Trying to claim otherwise is as ridiculous as the other side arguing that a died in the wool liberal has ever been president.

I disagree, FDR, LBJ, and JFK were liberal. Dyed in wool is only an excuse to say they didn't do everything a liberal would do, that though is obvious, they could not as their power is constrained by our system, and in some cases by the times or the crazies. I also tentatively include Madison, Truman, and Eisenhower, but admit I don't know enough. Carter maybe too?

So is putting Japanese people in concentration camps a liberal "core tenet?"

Very simple, thanks for the reply, now tell me a 'conservative' president who has followed these so called core tenets? And while I don't want to reply till I hear of that conservative, they are a bit too vague for use in the real world as each depends on lots of other facts, including what limits we are willing to set. Or even tell me a time in America when these were followed?

If that is the case why debate at all? Why even comment? I think maybe you are being dishonest with yourself. Fooling oneself is too easy for some.

No president could ever, for good or for bad, follow their core beliefs, recall we have a system of checks and balances and some checks are good, some bad. Our system is purposely setup that way in case you didn't know.

What I personally find frustrating about engaging in any discussion with the right wing ideologues is they know no history, except some slogan word, given to them by another ideologue confirming in some way their position. It doesn't matter if the point is relevant or not.

One has to consider the Japanese internment in terms of history, consider our illegal invasion of Iraq in terms of fear, or the McCarthy witch hunts in terms of fear of communism. Wingnuts are unable to see beyond their nose.

Solyndra will replace Fannie in the minds of the easily impressible. Can any American company seriously compete with Chinese investments in technology and Chinese labor costs? America today does not support innovation, it is contrary to republican ideology - China does and will eventually surpass us in innovative ideas. Eisenhower's interstate highway system may be the last big government job's initiative.

In case you missed it, Coolidge's policiies lead directly to the great depression. When Hoover consulted with him, he got the same marlarky one hears from the republican party today. Big business has controlled republicans so well they are the least free politicians ever in our history. They follow the text or are booed out of the party.

And I know I am stirring the pot when the negative reps flow from the wingnuts. Thanks all.

If that is the case why debate at all? Why even comment? I think maybe you are being dishonest with yourself. Fooling oneself is too easy for some.

I don't debate to defend the behavior of politicians. They are miraculous creatures who believe whatever they find it convenient to believe. The only way to change the direction this country is headed in is to change the beliefs of the voters.

No president could ever, for good or for bad, follow their core beliefs, recall we have a system of checks and balances and some checks are good, some bad. Our system is purposely setup that way in case you didn't know.

If that's the case, then how can you use the behavior of politicians as a yardstick for measuring the consistency of conservative "core tenets?" You just contradicted your own premise.

What I personally find frustrating about engaging in any discussion with the right wing ideologues is they know no history, except some slogan word, given to them by another ideologue confirming in some way their position. It doesn't matter if the point is relevant or not.

That's just downright scurrilous horseshit. I find liberal pretensions to superior knowledge hilarious, especially when you consider the ignorant boobs posting in this forum. Liberal rhetoric consists almost entirely of ad hominems and slogans. It contains almost no factual or intellectual content.

One has to consider the Japanese internment in terms of history, consider our illegal invasion of Iraq in terms of fear, or the McCarthy witch hunts in terms of fear of communism. Wingnuts are unable to see beyond their nose.

I knew it would be entertaining watching you try to weasel around FDR's atrocities. For your information, McCarthy came years after FDR died. A wizard of history like you should know basic facts like that. I guess what you're saying is that anything FDR did can be excused because the mob was howling for it. Yeah, that's my idea of a man of principle.

FYI, McCarthy didn't conduct a witch hunt. Everyone that took the Fifth Amendment before his committee was proven to be a communist.

Solyndra will replace Fannie in the minds of the easily impressible. Can any American company seriously compete with Chinese investments in technology and Chinese labor costs? America today does not support innovation, it is contrary to republican ideology - China does and will eventually surpass us in innovative ideas. Eisenhower's interstate highway system may be the last big government job's initiative.

Whenever the government gets involved in making business decisions, the result is always a boondoggle. That has been true ever since Lincoln authorized land grants to build first the transcontinental railroads. The interstate highway system is also a boondoggle, one of the biggest in the history of the world.

In case you missed it, Coolidge's policiies lead directly to the great depression.

Really? Which policy was that? The fact is the Federal Reserve is responsible for the Panic if 1929, and all the Obomaesque interventionist policies both Republicans and Democrats voted for in its wake turned a sharp recession into the Depression.

When Hoover consulted with him, he got the same marlarky one hears from the republican party today. Big business has controlled republicans so well they are the least free politicians ever in our history. They follow the text or are booed out of the party.

I won't even bother with a substantive response to this dreck. It's more along the lines of yelling "nana nana boo boo!" than a serious claim to be debated.

And I know I am stirring the pot when the negative reps flow from the wingnuts. Thanks all.

Now you're playing the martyr. How pathetic.

What bothers me the most is not that the OP is a total asshole, but that he's a total asshole who gets to cancel my vote.
I side with bigreb...there will be those that will canel the vote that canceled yours. (That is unless they find more dead people, illegals, or felons to vote).

You cant prove any of those problems effect elections.

I can prove your party cheats and has so done for decades

No small government conservative has ever been president of the United States. Trying to claim otherwise is as ridiculous as the other side arguing that a died in the wool liberal has ever been president.

I disagree, FDR, LBJ, and JFK were liberal. Dyed in wool is only an excuse to say they didn't do everything a liberal would do, that though is obvious, they could not as their power is constrained by our system, and in some cases by the times or the crazies. I also tentatively include Madison, Truman, and Eisenhower, but admit I don't know enough. Carter maybe too?

So is putting Japanese people in concentration camps a liberal "core tenet?"

No and neither is Gitmo.

Limited Federal Government
Living within our means
Providing individuals with freedom to succeed or fail without government interference
Following the Constitution of the United States
Federalism and the Separation of powers

Simple concepts.

Yah they all kept lying about being for small govt and all kept growing it.

Another fascinating point of view. 'When a Country Goes Insane'

by Robert Freeman

"This must be what it’s like when a country goes insane, when it falls down a rabbit hole and tries to pretend that everything is normal.

It can’t tell truths from lies. Hucksters pose as upright men, and people imagine they are Solons, avatars of insight come down from the ages. Sleazy operators pass themselves off as statesmen, as thinkers of deep gravitas, and the crowds, unable to distinguish sanctimony from sincerity, bravado from bullshit, lap it up.

Let’s be clear. It was the Republicans who wrecked the economy. Both their people and their policies drove the economy into the ditch. They wrecked the economy not once, but twice in the last eighty years.

So Republicans condescending to instruct Americans about how to fix the economy is like the captain of the Titanic lecturing shipping operators about safe procedures for navigating the north Atlantic. No sane society would tolerate it. But this one does." When a Country Goes Insane | Common Dreams

How I wish there was honesty left in the positions of the far right.

There is no honesty left in them

And you have said twice that I have seen that you want to return to a monarchy.

you HATE democracy

Monarchy is preferable to democracy, hands down. Under monarchy government took about 5% of GDP. Under democracy, government takes 50%. Crime, drug use, prostitution and illegitimacy were all much lower under monarchy. GDP growth was much higher.

However, that being said, I prefer what some call "natural order." That involves eliminating government entirely from human affairs.

Forum List

Back