Congressional Leader Suggests Fox Is An Obstacle

Yes. Of course. Fox is an obstacle. The fact that Obama wont even consider giving up anything isn't

Do you think congressional republicans will vote for any deal made with Obama? You are about to find out just how little pull Boehner has with the totally dysfunctional republican caucus and why Obama is not giving away a thing on a fruitless gesture.

Yes. Of course. Fox is an obstacle. The fact that Obama wont even consider giving up anything isn't

Do you think congressional republicans will vote for any deal made with Obama? You are about to find out just how little pull Boehner has with the totally dysfunctional republican caucus and why Obama is not giving away a thing on a fruitless gesture.

Why should they? He isn't acting in good faith. Democrats never act in good faith. It's always "Give us tax hikes now and we will cut spending later." Later comes and goes and they still keep spending.

How many times do you think you can get away with your dishonesty before people realize you have no intention of compromising?

Why should they? He isn't acting in good faith. Democrats never act in good faith. It's always "Give us tax hikes now and we will cut spending later." Later comes and goes and they still keep spending.

How many times do you think you can get away with your dishonesty before people realize you have no intention of compromising?
I am saying the exact same thing about republicans, the difference is that should a deal get hammered out democrats will vote for it, republicans will not leaving Boehner swinging in the wind. It's why the deal broke down last time and will break down this time. If Boehner could somehow guarantee the votes it would be a different story but because he cannot there is no advantage in giving away the store on something that is doomed to fail.

It's the same problem as the last four years.
Neither side is willing to compromise. The ones that suggest it get thrown under the bus.

Former Republican Rep. Tom Davis (VA) suggested that Fox News will make it difficult for Republicans to agree to a deal with Democrats that would allow some tax cuts for the wealthy to expire. Fox has reportedly been an obstacle to Republican attempts to compromise in the past as well.

SOURCE: Former GOP Congressional Leader Suggests Fox Is An Obstacle To Debt Deal | Blog | Media Matters for America
Former GOP Congressional Leader Suggests Fox Is An Obstacle To Debt Deal - ShredOfTruth.com

You know there's a problem with your biased media when the people you're reporting for are calling you a problem.

Now if we only get a liberal Congressman to admit that MSNBC is also being a problem, we'll be in business.

No body watches MSNBC--except in the morning.

It's the same problem as the last four years.
Neither side is willing to compromise. The ones that suggest it get thrown under the bus.

It's almost like you are unaware of how bitter the infighting is in the republican caucus right now and how powerless Boehner is to round up votes on anything but political manifestos disguised as bills they know the senate will not even consider. You'll learn soon enough.

Oh, I'm aware. My statement was an attempt to be all-inclusive.

I try to blame everyone equally for the gov't's problems.

That's fine except this time republicans are almost entirely to blame for this "crisis" as well as almost all of political disability to do anything about it. What the hell do you when you take a hostage and find to your horror that threatening to kill the hostage is no leverage at all and your opponent says "go ahead, I dare you"?

That's fine except this time republicans are almost entirely to blame for this "crisis" as well as almost all of political disability to do anything about it. What the hell do you when you take a hostage and find to your horror that threatening to kill the hostage is no leverage at all and your opponent says "go ahead, I dare you"?

Yup, the gop spent all the money that got us here. Dems didn't spend any.

And to think I pos repped you earlier......

Take it back if you care that much, I care zero, the republicans spent hugely during the 00s and then did not want to pay for it when the debt ceiling raise came up for a vote, everything flowed from that point where they thought it would be good to manufacture a crisis to force cuts to entitlements ONLY, leaving their own huge military and taxcut spending untouched and expanded if possible. If you have a problem with my view of this mess please explain in detail rather than the same old crap that democrats are responsible for all this horrible wasteful spending and 100% of the deficit and debt.

Take it back if you care that much, I care zero, the republicans spent hugely during the 00s and then did not want to pay for it when the debt ceiling raise came up for a vote, everything flowed from that point where they thought it would be good to manufacture a crisis to force cuts to entitlements ONLY, leaving their own huge military and taxcut spending untouched and expanded if possible. If you have a problem with my view of this mess please explain in detail rather than the same old crap that democrats are responsible for all this horrible wasteful spending and 100% of the deficit and debt.

My post needed no explination. Congress got us here. Not the GOP, not the DEMs. Congress. Decades to get here. Any other explination is bullshit

Do you think MSNBC drives democratic policy to the extent Fox does republican policy? I don't watch it or any cable news so I really can't say for sure but it seems that Fox makes itself the news far too often.

In a word, yes.
They both push their extremist agendas far harder than they've ever done before. When ones goes deeper in (left or right), they respond in kind.

I suppose that's a matter of opinion but I hold Fox mainly accountable for inflicting the tea party on America and I really don't see a parallel to that.

:lol:
and we hold you and The Democrat party for infilicting the OWS on US

Do you think MSNBC drives democratic policy to the extent Fox does republican policy? I don't watch it or any cable news so I really can't say for sure but it seems that Fox makes itself the news far too often.

The difference is that you can count on your fingers the number of people who watch msnbc

Forum List

Back