Congress Ready to Pass $1.1 Trillion Spending Bill

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Notice, it's not the fact that they are passing a trillion dollar plus spending bill riddled with waste and crony kickbacks that will only further increase our $18 trillion debt that they're upset about. It's that they can't challenge immigration policy or changes to Dodd-Frank, which don't belong in the bill in the first place. Don't Republicans keep bragging about how they're the party of limited government?

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A huge, $1.1 trillion spending bill funding every corner of government faces its first test in the House, where conservatives are unhappy because it fails to challenge President Barack Obama's immigration policy and many Democrats are displeased because it weakens the 2010 Dodd-Frank regulation of risky financial instruments.

News from The Associated Press

They're not in charge yet. This is the lame duck Congress, run by democrats.

Not too worry my friends, they will trim the budget the next year...they promise. *Wink*

Yes, and the slimy Dems are trying to make the Repubs shut the government down. The Dems are pissed because they aren't taking the bait.

Notice, it's not the fact that they are passing a trillion dollar plus spending bill riddled with waste and crony kickbacks that will only further increase our $18 trillion debt that they're upset about.

Last year the government brought in $3 trillion in revenue.

Notice, it's not the fact that they are passing a trillion dollar plus spending bill riddled with waste and crony kickbacks that will only further increase our $18 trillion debt that they're upset about.

And added half a trillion to the national debt. Stop making excuses.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Anyone the believes either party is serious about tackling our debt is deluding themselves something terrible. It is all lip-service and nothing more.

Yes. Now, do some math. If this year's spending is $1 trillion, how much debt will be added if this year's revenues stay the same?

Yes. Now, do some math. If this year's spending is $1 trillion, how much debt will be added if this year's revenues stay the same?
This year's spending was $3.5 trillion. Revenues were $3.02 trillion. So, yeah, do the math.

Total spending is non-discretionary and discretionary together. The bill which is the subject of this topic only funds discretionary spending by the government through September, and does not include discretionary spending for the Department of Homeland Security.

Last edited:
I don't get it. First they were hiding the bill. Now they're insisting on passing it without reading it. Didn't they bitch about it when Democrats were doing it?

I'm wondering how much pork is in it.

I don't get it. First they were hiding the bill. Now they're insisting on passing it without reading it. Didn't they bitch about it when Democrats were doing it?

I'm wondering how much pork is in it.
It is 1,603 pages. The Republican House has to pass it to see what's in it.

This year's spending was $3.5 trillion. Revenues were $3.02 trillion. So, yeah, do the math.

Total spending is non-discretionary and discretionary together. The bill which is the subject of this topic only funds discretionary spending by the government through September, and does not include discretionary spending for the Department of Homeland Security.

Precisely. This is only a portion of government spending. Can't really blame this bill for any deficits that may occur in the grand scheme of things. Though the fact does highlight that the lion's share of government spending is the "non-discretionary" type. That is, primarily Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid. Nothing gets fixed if you don't fix those.

I guess then the Republican house is not voting for this, and yet somehow it's going to pass? lol good one.

Obviously, they wanted to clear the decks and take one more arrow out of Obama's deflect and destruct arsenal. Now they have to choose where and when to fight. I just hope they realize for once just how ruthless and unmindful of civilized niceties the opposition is.

Forum List

Back