Congress may try to add stimulus to market bailout

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
Snip:

Final cost could be $1 trillion, higher taxes may be coming
By Christopher Hinton, MarketWatch

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- The U.S. Congress is likely to raise the cost of a $700 billion rescue deal for U.S. markets by adding a new economic stimulus plan to benefit taxpayers, according to Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={C107DC6D-03B6-4287-AD0D-5FD67819FC86}

Remind me again why this a hole Barney Frank is still in charge of the Financial Services Committee? Is he SERIOUSLY trying to look some sort of for the little guy hero now? Seriously?

Last edited:
Did you know that earlier this year Congress had to pass a law allowing the cap on the nation debt to rise to $10.6 TRILLION dollars?

Did you know that right now Congress is planning on passing another bill to allow the cap on the national debt to rise to $11.4 TRILLION?

Do you know why?

Because we have given over $5 TRILLION in tax breaks to billionaires thus far due to the tax cuts that went into effect under GEORGE BUSH II.

You jake with those kinds of national debts, Shadow?

Or do you believe that we should be fiscally conservative and pay as we go so that we don't leave our children with enormous bills?

face it..what has the government been right on in costs? if they say it will cost 700 whatever....i cant add that many zeros...12 isnt it for a trillion...i am sure manie will know but i digresss.

if they say it will cost X, it will in reality cost 3X to 4X as much. We all know that going into this. Let us not be fooled by this massive bailout. It will cost us, as taxpayers, much more in the long run.

where do americans as taxpayers, begin to object to being treated like the "fatten calf".
they goverment is literally devouring the taxpayer. any politican who came out and simply stated the condition of taxes over the next 30 years would be ran out of town on a rail. We, as a people, *climbs on soapbox* must stop refusing to be educated voters. It is up to you as a taxpayer, consumer and voter to decide your own fate?
We must stop letting political parties, which i believe are nothing more than smoke screens, dicate who we vote for. Do you honesty think we can engage in a war, a total bail out of failed companies and not raise taxes? We are so deep in dept as a country. When you discuss social programs and their costs, why not discuss the interest we are paying on national debt. The american people seem to assume the national debt is money we owe to ourselves, well it's not. It is money owed to other countries. How long will we keep stimulating the Chinese economy with borrowing from them to buy from them? What happen to this country as a producer of products? Now with globization, we export raw materials to other countries to buy back the finished product, what became of american inenguity (msp badly)...why dont we have cars vamping up with higher gas mileage....their have been cars in the past with 55 mpg ...it can be done. Give up all the drilling talk b/s what is going on there...simple its too costly to extract oil from the ground in a lot of places...why should oil companies drill for oil in the anwar region when they are making record profits at this time? Why change what is working?
Anwar is simply another "hot button" issue, that neither party really cares about. What happened to the issue of immigration...so talked about...no one is mentioning that now? Why? O because neither party want to do a damn thing about it. Just as neither party is going to address any of the "hot button" issues or solve them. They are too necessary to keep the people in line and battling.

*climbs done* I am still willing to lead the revolution when people rise up.

We clearly need a revolution in politics, I'll admit that's true.

The fact that Obama has gotten so much money from average people is a start, but it is NOT enough.

Until we get corporate money out of the mix, CITIZENS will always take second place to the needs of the monied classes.

Right now we have best shamocractic republic that money can buy.

What we need is a democractic republican that can't be bought.

Forum List

Back