Congress Gets a Raise

Congrats to Congress! Does everyone now see how much they care about the American people?

TheHill.com

You are aware thet Congress solved the problem of looking bad by asking for a raise by creating a law awhile back that REQUIRES the President to adjust Congressional pay based on Inflation and I think several other factors. Congress then must vote NOT to get the raise. The only delay being before anyone in Congress gets the raise they have to be reelected.

I was just reading about that....pretty amazing...

I guess I need to get one of those government jobs....

I considered running for congress on the election platform that after I serve my 6 years and retire on government money I'll help some other "regular" person campaign for the job so they can retire in 6 years. :lol:

The legislation that would have stopped them from getting their raise didn't even make it out of committee. What in the world do they think that they've done that warrants a pay raise? They haven't done a single thing to help solve this financial crisis, and yet somehow they've earned a pay raise. Get serious. If Congress were a private business every one of them would be fired.

I think that Congress should take automatic pay cuts based on the rate of inflation, meaning that their pay would go down as they allow inflation to go up.

I cannot think of anyone who deserves a pay raise less than a congresscritter.

Forum List

Back