Confirmed: Romneycare = Obamacare

Bottom line:

If the SCOTUS rules it unconstitutional this summer it will be a non-issue.

If the SCOTUS rules it constitutional this summer there will be one hell of a fight.

Obama was SMART to get the "good parts" to kick in before the 2012 election. It will make it an easier sell in November.

He was also disingenuous to set the "really bad parts" to start after he leaves office.

Best truth of the day..................:clap2:

Bottom line:

If the SCOTUS rules it unconstitutional this summer it will be a non-issue.

If the SCOTUS rules it constitutional this summer there will be one hell of a fight.

Obama was SMART to get the "good parts" to kick in before the 2012 election. It will make it an easier sell in November.

He was also disingenuous to set the "really bad parts" to start after he leaves office.

Agreed. That way he can't be blamed...

Wow.....breaking news that Obamination's people used what MA has in place.:eusa_whistle:

That's kind of the concept to use others in place as an example.

That doesn't mean Romney supports Federal healthcare.

That doesn't mean what is going on in MA today is exactly what Romney signed.

Any leap to conclusions is just bullshit. I would hope Malkin isn't that stupid to make such liberal-esque conclusions.

He's very good at that.
"Yup we can spend a trillion here or a trillion there, but the cost will be offset by my plan to save money 10 years from now when I'm no longer President. You fools will listen to MSNBC and blame it all on the next Republican in the office or better yet BOOOSH."

He's very good at that.
"Yup we can spend a trillion here or a trillion there, but the cost will be offset by my plan to save money 10 years from now when I'm no longer President. You fools will listen to MSNBC and blame it all on the next Republican in the office or better yet BOOOSH."
It and Class warfare is all he has to explain his failure.

Problem is? Too many buy into the O's excuses as they suckle on the Gubmint tit.

Every part of it is a good part. What do the dupes have against guaranteed, affordable care for all, saving money, ending 45k deaths/year and 750k bankruptcies, and making us competitive globally? Brainwashed twits!

and if ObamaCare did any of that, I'd be the first one singing its praises. It really doesn't do any of those things.

Let's take bankruptcies. Yes, 62% of bankruptcies occur every year because of a medical issue. But 75% of those people had insurance. Insurance wasn't the problem. Their inability to continue to bring in any income while raking up bills was.

Now, we could control costs by going to a Canada style system. But that's a trade-off as well. That means long waits, refused treatments if you're terminal, or to expensive to cure. So everything's sort of a Hobson's choice, when you get down to it.

That's an interesting stat. And not at all surprising. Do you recall where you saw it?

It's been repeated a lot of places, but here goes.

Daily Dose - New Study: Bankruptcy Tied To Medical Bills

Sixty-two percent of all bankruptcies filed in 2007 were linked to medical expenses, according to a nationwide study released today by the American Journal of Medicine. That's nearly 20 percentage points higher than that pool of respondents reported were connected to medical costs in 2001.

Of those who filed for bankruptcy in 2007, nearly 80 percent had health insurance. Respondents who reported having insurance indicated average expenses of just under $18,000. Respondents who filed and lacked insurance had average medical bills of nearly $27,000.

Forum List

Back