K_{2} = final kinetic energy
U_{2} = final potential energy

I believe initial kinetic energy and initial potential energy
Are one and the same

I believe final kinetic energy and initial potential energy
Are one and the same

Having said this, what is left--?
Law of Conservation of Energy
Energy, as we have noted, is conserved, making it one of the most important physical quantities in nature. The law of conservation of energy can be stated as follows:
Total energy is constant in any process. It may change in form or be transferred from one system to another, but the total remains the same.
Conservation of Energy | Physics
Energy, as we have noted, is conserved, making it one of the most important physical quantities in nature. The law of conservation of energy can be stated as follows:
Total energy is constant in any process. It may change in form or be transferred from one system to another, but the total remains the same.

atomic.jpg

Did the amount of energy that went into the creation of this device equal the amount of energy it released-?
just curious

"Matter can neither be created nor destroyed"
:)-

atomic.jpg

Did the amount of energy that went into the creation of this device equal the amount of energy it released-?
just curious

At the atomic level, very small atoms are kept apart by great energy, and very large atoms are held together by great energy. That energy is present in the matter itself.

In building the device that created this effect, all the energy that it released was already present in the matter from which it was composed, before men mined those materials, refined them, and used them to build it.

I was not able, by Googling, to identify this particular explosion, so I do not know if this was a pure fission device or a Teller-Ulam-type fission-fusion-fission device.

If it is the former, then nearly all of the energy released came from breaking apart big atoms, releasing the energy that was holding them together. If it is the latter, then about half of the energy came from smashing small atoms together into bigger atoms, releasing the energy that kept them separate.

At the atomic level, very small atoms are kept apart by great energy, and very large atoms are held together by great energy. That energy is present in the matter itself.

In building the device that created this effect, all the energy that it released was already present in the matter from which it was composed, before men mined those materials, refined them, and used them to build it.

I was not able, by Googling, to identify this particular explosion, so I do not know if this was a pure fission device or a Teller-Ulam-type fission-fusion-fission device.

If it is the former, then nearly all of the energy released came from breaking apart big atoms, releasing the energy that was holding them together. If it is the latter, then about half of the energy came from smashing small atoms together into bigger atoms, releasing the energy that kept them separate.

Or maybe you don't know jack shit about anything.

I know enough to know that energy doesn't come from nothing, and that your statement that “Conservation of energy does not apply to nuclear explosions” is factually incorrect, as would be obvious to anyone with even the most elementary grasp of physics.

The mightiest three-stage hydrogen bomb does not create energy out of thin air; it only releases energy that was already contained in the matter that went into building it.

Mass and Energy in Nuclear Reactions​

Einstein’s equation helps scientists understand what happens in nuclear reactions and why they produce so much energy. When the nucleus of a radioisotope undergoes fission or fusion in a nuclear reaction, it loses a tiny amount of mass. What happens to the lost mass? It isn’t really lost at all. It is converted to energy. How much energy? E = mc2. The change in mass is tiny, but it results in a great deal of energy.

Q: In a nuclear reaction, mass decreases and energy increases. What about the laws of conservation of mass and conservation of energy? Are mass and energy not conserved in nuclear reactions? Do we need to throw out these laws when it comes to nuclear reactions?

A: No, the laws still apply. However, it’s more correct to say that the sum of mass and energy is always conserved in a nuclear reaction. Mass changes to energy, but the total amount of mass and energy combined remains the same.

Forum List

Back