Concealed Carry is A Tax

Leighton

Rookie
Nov 4, 2016
This may have been posted as this seems to be a large board. Regardless I'm not going to spend my time finding an old post to gravedig. Anyway I've noticed that the right to conceal a firearm is basically nothing more than a tax. In my state, Michigan, if you can purchase a gun you can go get your concealed carry permit. All that is required is a short class and application fee.

In Arizona however you are allowed to conceal a firearm with no permit whatsoever and do we see headlines saying "person was concealing a firearm...". No. We don't. The only difference between Michigan and Arizona is here you must pay for a right.

Much like the medical marijuana scene here. Anybody can get a med card, assuming you pay your fee. Then you are allowed to partake. Not that I have my card anymore, as I own guns, and everybody knows what a federal shitstorm that is if you have both. Trying to stay on topic slightly so I'll save that rant for another thread.

Licenses and permits are when the government takes away your liberty to do something, and sells it back to you.

Forum List

Back